Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basstrackeroptimax View Post
    Mike, the 29 series is the only way to go so you are good to go there. No the wires are pretty long. I actually still have excess cable coiled up behind the batteries. My fuel tank is the transparent plastic as well. I think they all have that. As for my trolling motor. I went with the motorguide 70# pro series 5 speed and no i did not have to switch the plug since the 8 gauge wiring is to spec for a 24v 70#. My next trolling motor will be a fortrex 80 tho. I want variable speed when this one dies.
    You will love the fortrex 80!!! It has some get up and go!! Just dont have it on high with the motor turned. it will toss you right out of the boat or damn near close!! lol

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mattfish11 View Post
    Thanks Ship... Any chance you could post a pic? I'm trying to find a good mounting position for my charger...
    battery set up.jpg
    here is a pic with a mk330d charger I have. The battery for my electronics is filthy because its a spare. My original one is a little bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Just_Old_Fisherman View Post
    Here is pic of my back compartment. It shows where the gas tank juts out left 3-4" about even with bottom of left side where battery trays sit. Was planning on getting battery trays.

Wow they really changed the tank and not for the better. Well what you can do is turn the batteries like i have mine and just screw the trays down into the aluminum floor(not the tank obviously). You could even glue a strip of rubber down on the tank for further protection. Looks like its narrower in there now as well. Wonder if 27 series is all you will be able to fit......the 29 series is about an inch wider. Good luck and be sure to post how it turns out or if you have any more questions.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

Quote Originally Posted by bassmasher View Post
    You will love the fortrex 80!!! It has some get up and go!! Just dont have it on high with the motor turned. it will toss you right out of the boat or damn near close!! lol
    Yea i bet. And the mount is so much nicer and quiet on the fortrex also. My motorguide makes too much noise.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

5. Member
    Here is pic of my back compartment. It shows where the gas tank juts out left 3-4" about even with bottom of left side where battery trays sit. Was planning on getting battery trays.

Wow that new gas tank shape is going to make it pretty difficult. The 2012 wasn't like that. I wonder why in the heck they would make it like that?

6. Member
    Doesn't really take up room I need simce it is even with metal floor battery trays are on. Wasn't going with 29 batteries since I don't really need that much juice especially with 24 v since I don't fish long days. Went to Fayettville this morning got another Interstate 27 Deep Cycle battery, battery tray and a 70 Edge foot control. Staying with the Edge will save me having to mess with mount bracket. Just unscrew footcontrol in Comforttroll and open shaft latch door then put in the 70 and reattach Foot control. Of course that is after I play a litlle puzzle solving with the battteries and the Minn Kota 330 D charger I also got.

Anyone need a 12 Edge Foot Control and Guest 2 bank charger and Lowrance X4 Pro depthfinder. Can make a good price for pretty well new gear.

7. Member
    I sold my 12v edge 46 pretty easily. Thats a nice charger you bought, 10a per bank would be nice. The list just keeps going and going. You guys are costing me a lot of money ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Ship View Post
    I sold my 12v edge 46 pretty easily. Thats a nice charger you bought, 10a per bank would be nice. The list just keeps going and going. You guys are costing me a lot of money ;)
    Ship.....you got that right about the $$$ now that I have the itch to do this upgrade....might have to go back to work.....Where did you guys end up buying your 24v, any certain place better than another ??

9. Member
    I bought mine at Academy sports for I believe $549.99. I really wanted the Maxxum but....this one was cheaper and more than adequate for what I do.

10. Member
    OK ---- You guys fooled the old man. Went to Fayettville this morning found a good deal on a Edge 70, got the 330D charger, battery tray and another 27 Deep Cycle. Had done some measuring and looking at you guys pictures. Forget who had the 330D charger in their picture but was trying to go that arrangement. Well come to find out the 2013 model 175's AIN"T THE SAME! I spent all afternoon trying this, that and then decided they just were fooling me to make me bust my A$$ all day on something that wouldn't work.

Five hours later and lots of Southern Engineering got the 3 batteries in and the 330D charger in. Will post pictures later, but got all the batteries in the back area ok, but had to put the 330D in the back left storage compartment---tight fit but made it. Had to remove the liner, dug out pretty much styrofoam, drilled a large hole to back compartment for wires, built a wood wall to attach the charger to .... cussed you guysfor leading me astray---lol. Anyway, need to go back and double check all the wiring and then test it. Then I will finally get to mount the new trolling motor.

Came in and told the wife if I ever mention getting a new boat again she has my permission to use a 2x4 up the side of my had to get me back sane.

Quote Originally Posted by Ship View Post
    It never ends. Trust me lol. Im my own worst enemy of this stuff just im always seeing new stuff and just gotta have it.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

Quote Originally Posted by rtlgator View Post
    Ship.....you got that right about the $$$ now that I have the itch to do this upgrade....might have to go back to work.....Where did you guys end up buying your 24v, any certain place better than another ??
    I got mine at BPS but only cuz i had a store credit to put towards it. My next one will be bought from john at jones trolling motor here on the boards. I try to support board sponsors as much as i can now and they usually always have great deals. John will back all products also.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

OK ---- You guys fooled the old man. Went to Fayettville this morning found a good deal on a Edge 70, got the 330D charger, battery tray and another 27 Deep Cycle. Had done some measuring and looking at you guys pictures. Forget who had the 330D charger in their picture but was trying to go that arrangement. Well come to find out the 2013 model 175's AIN"T THE SAME! I spent all afternoon trying this, that and then decided they just were fooling me to make me bust my A$$ all day on something that wouldn't work.

Five hours later and lots of Southern Engineering got the 3 batteries in and the 330D charger in. Will post pictures later, but got all the batteries in the back area ok, but had to put the 330D in the back left storage compartment---tight fit but made it. Had to remove the liner, dug out pretty much styrofoam, drilled a large hole to back compartment for wires, built a wood wall to attach the charger to .... cussed you guysfor leading me astray---lol. Anyway, need to go back and double check all the wiring and then test it. Then I will finally get to mount the new trolling motor.

Came in and told the wife if I ever mention getting a new boat again she has my permission to use a 2x4 up the side of my had to get me back sane.
    That really sucks! Im sorry it had to be such a pain. Wonder why they changed the battery area on the new models. There was nothing that needed changed or caused any issues. Anyways. At least you got it and it will be worth the pains of your labor the first time you use it in the wind trust me.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

14. Banned

I got my Charger mounted on the underside of the lid, right over the tank.

15. Member
    Thats a good idea rocket man.

16. Member
    Bassmasher has the correct oriantation for the batteries. If your ever dead on the water and need to get a jump your start battery needs to be easily accessible. Thats how I have them and yes I have needed to get a jump once.

06 PT190TX
    06 Modified 90 Opti
    80LB Terrova/I-Pilot
    6" CMC Jackplate
    23P Trophy plus
    Lowrance HDS8
    12' Talon

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jimfc3 View Post
    Bassmasher has the correct oriantation for the batteries. If your ever dead on the water and need to get a jump your start battery needs to be easily accessible. Thats how I have them and yes I have needed to get a jump once.
    No way to fit it all in on the 2013 model 175 TXW. Between the gas tank and the pump on the back side of the live wells and the transom brace, it was tough getting 3 batteries back there. Tried to fit my 330D charger and crank battery like Bassmasher, but the location of the transom brace made it too tight since crank battery had to be back inside that and two deep cycles had to be across. Kept thinking I wish Tracker rigged it with 3 batteries and 24V TM!

Quote Originally Posted by jimfc3 View Post
    I have no trouble getting to my cranking battery in its location against the livewell. I have jumper cables also but hope i never need to use them. I dnt mind having to reach under the lid a few inches to hook them up if i have to. I have mine the way i do for a reason. My new cranking battery is maintnence free and the trollers are not so i have easy access to check the water on the trollers. Without having to remove them. Theres no wrong way thats just my take on it.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

Quote Originally Posted by basstrackeroptimax View Post
    I have no trouble getting to my cranking battery in its location against the livewell. I have jumper cables also but hope i never need to use them. I dnt mind having to reach under the lid a few inches to hook them up if i have to. I have mine the way i do for a reason. My new cranking battery is maintnence free and the trollers are not so i have easy access to check the water on the trollers. Without having to remove them. Theres no wrong way thats just my take on it.
    +1 on that........

20. Member
    Well got the new 24V Edge on today. That pretty well takes care of it with the added battery and charger I put in last Fri. As I said before, batteries are tight and had to put my charger in the left rear storage compartment after removing the liner, some foam floatation & drilling a hole for wires to the back compartment. Liked the idea of mounting the charger on the rear compartment lid like someone mentioned, but with the valves & hoses on top of the gas tank it makes it about 1/2" too close. Think Tracker measured and rearranged tanks hoses to really cause me trouble. Not really perfect but should be plenty funtional. Only real issue now is loss of the storage compartment but I have plenty of storage left so no big deal.

Here are some pictures:

Compartment with charger:

Here is charger & hole to back compartment:

Here are batteries:

Here is batteries & gas tank with hose/valves I mentioned:

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast