Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Recessed T/M trays GIMMIC

Are there any other level headed guys out there that realize these just are gimmics and serve no purpose. The only reason i have one is that it came standard on the boat. The only way you can be comfortable is to be able to put your full weight on it and you can't do that on a movable surface! I know that 99% of the guys out there disagree, but i am a logical 1%er. To me they just create another little space that collects dirt and grime!!

2. Member
    UMMMM... OK.. I will say mine made a big difference in rough water... Guess I'm part of the 99%

3. Member
    Had mine put in a few weeks ago. Fished out of it 3 days since then without a sore back at the end of the day. That was a nice change. Put me down for the 99% in this contest.

4. RANGER
    Recessed TM tray is the best idea boat manufactures have come out with in years. I can actually run a TM for more than an hour without my old knees hurting.
    2007 Z21 / 250 PRO X/S

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for
    a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

5. #FRB
    I can see it being beneficial but the same argument can be said about the hotfoot. Some hate em, most couldn't do without one. That said, I refuse to cut a big hole in my front deck until I get a chance to run the nose of a boat with a recessed tray for a couple hours just to see if it's something that would benefit me.

Put me down for one of the 99% of the guys that dnt think logically as well.. Fished out of a boat just like mine with a tray and i cnt wait to install mine. Great idea and i guess alot of us fell for the GIMMICK. Cnt wait to see how this thread plays out.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

Quote Originally Posted by illinois View Post
    The only way you can be comfortable is to be able to put your full weight on it and you can't do that on a movable surface! !
    I dnt think they were ever intended to be stood on........
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

8. Member
    is the OP serious or is this a joke?

9. Member
    How come there is no insert or smilely of a Troll????

Quote Originally Posted by SkeeterSS140 View Post
    I took it as a joke because if he is serious he has been misguided. I always used a hand controlled motor due to the strain the foot control put on my back. My dealer talked me in to using the motor with the recessed tray and if I didn't like it he would swap it out for free. Well I have yet to go back to the dealer.
    GO DAWGS

Couldn't do without a recessed tray. Before the tray I would have to sit down at least ten to fifteen minutes out of every hour to let my knee and back rest. With the tray I can go all do without a problem.

Also I can put my whole weight down on the pedal in my tray. I have a ComfortTroll tray with a Motorguide pedal.

12. Banned

Are there any other level headed guys out there that realize these just are gimmics and serve no purpose. The only reason i have one is that it came standard on the boat. The only way you can be comfortable is to be able to put your full weight on it and you can't do that on a movable surface! I know that 99% of the guys out there disagree, but i am a logical 1%er. To me they just create another little space that collects dirt and grime!!
    Maybe that's the only way YOU can be comfortable. After 30 years of doing the Captain Morgan thing I am tickled to death with my recessed tray in my Ranger. You only need to put half of your weight on the pedal.

14. Banned
    I am a 99% guy also I love my tray and so does my back.

Quote Originally Posted by greendragon View Post
    I am a 99% guy also I love my tray and so does my back.
    +

2013 Phoenix 721 ProXP

I could not live without one now. I had one in old boat then bought my 518 without one and used it twice and could not stand the pedal not being recessed. I had one on order already but used boat before it arrived and could not stand it.
    Bassboatseats.com your one stop seat & carpet
    replacement headquarters
    http://www.bassboatseats.com

17. Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OhioChamp183 View Post
    Yep

18. Member
    Stupid question? How are they if your sitting down or leaning against butt seat?

Wow! what is greater 99 or 1?

Quote Originally Posted by SkeeterSS140 View Post
    My thoughts exactly. I've been running bass boats for 30+ years and the recessed tray is one of the best inventions ever IMHO. Back in the 70's and 80's, my dad always had boats with hand controlled trollers just for the benefit of having both feet level.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast