Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Received my Lews Tourney speed spool today from Tackle Trap. I am a believer!! Nice BBC discount.

2. Member
    I am a long time Shimano user and last fall I bought a speed spool for throwing small cranks. I have used the reel a lot and it is as smooth today as it was when I bought it. I am now thinking I may have to make a change in all of my reels.

3. Member
    i picked up another one today! the collection is growing....

Pushin\' Tin!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bass Pro Shopper View Post
    Badazztriton: From what I've read here before, Tackle Trap can hook you up. Board sponsor too.
    Another plus is that they are great guys to talk to. Will answer all your questions!!

5. Member
    Allright - talked me into it, got one today feels nice. Now just have to wait for ice to clear and C&R season to open!

6. Member
    IMHO all of Lew's reels are well built, smooth and light also the best priced for what you get. I love mine..

7. Member
    I bought 2 Lews tournament pro speed spools, usually priced at $200, for $160 I think off ebay. They were brand new and came from a sporting goods store in Dothan Alabama. This was right before Christmas.

8. Member
    what model lews are you you guys calling the 99 reel ? kind of confusing with so many diff models ----thanks !

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by okiebass View Post
    what model lews are you you guys calling the 99 reel ? kind of confusing with so many diff models ----thanks !
    speed spool.

Pushin\' Tin!!!!

10. Banned
    I've got 11 and love em! Hell I still have 2 BB-1N's in the box from the late 70's

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Accontroller View Post
    They don't have dual brakes. At least I didn't see any. Rather the BPS Proqualifier for $100
    My 2 cents on the BPS ProQualifier Baitcast reels is to stay away from them. I own(ed) two BPS PQ baitcast reels and two of the open face models as well, and both of the baitcast reels gave me problems & cost me money to return them to Bass Pro Repair center when the warranty was still good. On the other hand the Open face units are still going strong after 2 years. (They are mostly metal.) But Neither of the Bait-caster reels lasted 2 years. Warranty was only good for the 1st year, so when they broke "again" they were trashed. A lot of plastic on the ProQualifer. Now they were smooth for sure but the china made cheep plastic covers are junk. I had one cover come off while casting - spool came out and both parts went into the water -- I would not purchase another one, nor suggest anyone do so. Stick with your LEWS or Abu – both make quality model reels from $80-150 with warranties, and after the warranty is gone you can have them repaired anywhere not the BPS reel, they can only be repaired via mail. BPS will not repair them on site nor do they sell parts for them. SO you have to return them to their repair shop on your dime... Short of it.. the BPS pro Qualifier is only good for about a year of fishing, if your happy with that purchase one, if your want a reel to last years and years purchase one with the ABU or LEWS on the name plate...
    Last edited by JGShooter; 04-21-2013 at 01:34 PM. Reason: to complete story

12. Member
    I have every reel from Lews and love them all the same! I really like the new super duty for heavy flipping and the Team Lews Pro weighs in at 5.9oz, great reel for pitching all day. Never had a reel so light, getting spoiled using it!

13. Member
    I wrote a pretty complete review of one of these way back when. I have also updated it.
    I'd rather be fishin'...: Review for Lew's Speed Spool 5.4:1 reels

I bought these when they were promo'd at $70.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12