Question PROS AND CONS!!!

I AM GOING TO ACQUIRE A 2000 TR21 IVE NEVER REALLY BEEN A TRITON LOVER BUT FISHED OUT OF MANY ALWAYS BEEN A STRATOS OWNER NEED TO KNOW WHAT TO LOOK FOR!!!

2. Member
    not sure what you mean at all

3. Member
    Pro's its a triton :)

My tourny partner has a 2000 Tr21 and it is a nice boat. It is very comparable to my Stratos.
    Brad Whitaker
    whittyoutdoors.com --- Use code BBC5 at checkout for 5% off
    Whitty Outdoors handmade crankbaits

08 Stratos 201XL 250 HO E-tec
    05 Weld-Craft 1852 semi-v 115/80 Mercury jetdrive

5. Member
    Go over the trailer very carefully.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianOutlaw! View Post
    not sure what you mean at all
    I literally laughed out loud when i read that!

7. Member
    I DIDNT THINK I WAAS SPEEKING IN GREEK OR TALKING IN TOUNGES!

8. Member
    I GUESS WHAT IAM AFTER IS WHEN THE TRITONS FIRST CAME OUT THEY DASH AND SEAT PROBLEMS AND EVERYTHING JUST COMING A PART AND RATTLING LOOSE JUST NEED TO KNOW WHAT TO LOOK FOR AND PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TOO!!

9. Member
    olericketty, could you please turn your caps lock off? That is yelling/hollering in the internet world.

If you are looking at a 2000 model just look for your usual things such as wear and tear, engine history/hours and such. Given the age look for bad stress cracking and try to determine if it is age related or structure related. Seats coming apart was, I believe, only in 08 and as far as things rattling loose, that happens to everything but I will say the Tritons are amogst the best for detail to assembly so I would not be too worried about those smaller details.

10. Member
    That was a good rig for its time and really still is. I would definitely be looking closely at the motor as a reasonable older boat becomes a very expensive one when a motor blows. Also, that age of rig could be due for all new livewell/bilge pumps, batteries, carpet, seats etc.. and I would have to guess if the trailer is original may need work as they didn't come on the best trailer in the world back then. All of the stuff really starts to add up if you decided you want recondition all those things. on my trailer I have replaced all the components of the brake system, installed new multileaf springs, and had it sandblasted and repainted. Also, check all the electronic switches at the helm in that they all function and do the desired action that the switch is for. All in all that rig rides reasonably well, is reasonably fast, fishes well and looks decent.

11. Member
    IN MY PART OF THE WORLD MY NICKNAME IS ALL "CAPS" AL,NOT YELLING AT ALL ON MY HUNTING FORUMS AND OTHER FISHING FORUMS THEY ARE ALL USE TO IT!!!

12. Member
    your posts still don't make sense

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by olericketty View Post
    IN MY PART OF THE WORLD MY NICKNAME IS ALL "CAPS" AL,NOT YELLING AT ALL ON MY HUNTING FORUMS AND OTHER FISHING FORUMS THEY ARE ALL USE TO IT!!!
    I'm pretty sure around here the "used to" will be USED TO IGNORING YOU. Your choice

14. Member
    I own one, It's fast, the fit and finish on everything is top notch, I have no stress cracks on mine, It will chine walk so expect it, learn to drive it, I have considered buying a newer boat, but really can't justify it since I like mine so much.

15. Member
    THANKS GOES OUT FOR THE ONES THAT GAVE ME THE INFO THAT I WAS AFTER, FOR THE OTHERS I HAVE NOTHING TO SAY STILL THE SAME OLD BBC!!!