Thread: Re-use carpet?

Re-use carpet?

I purchased a boat that someone had redone the carpet on. I noticed that the carpet doesn't seem to have been glued down appropriately and it comes up pretty easily. The carpet is still in very good shape, so my question is, if I peel this carpet off without ripping it, can I put some better adhesive down and re-use the existing carpet?

2. Member
    You can. Just fold back 1/2 of it or so and re glue it. Then roll back the other 1/2 and glue that. This way you don't have to fight with one big piece, making sure it goes back where it should. Most boats have loose carpet in the rod lockers, I will shoot some fresh glue and stick it back into place.

That's good to know, thanks for posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott S. View Post
    You can. Just fold back 1/2 of it or so and re glue it. Then roll back the other 1/2 and glue that. This way you don't have to fight with one big piece, making sure it goes back where it should. Most boats have loose carpet in the rod lockers, I will shoot some fresh glue and stick it back into place.
    ^^^Great advice
    Heartwood Fence Co.

5. Member
    Exactly what I was about to ask! Thanks for the question and everyone else for the responses.
    A great fisherman lives here with the catch of his life!

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott S. View Post
    I'm doing the same. Do I need to prep the area that I will be re gluing ?