Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Quote Originally Posted by Bee 1001 View Post
    Got 2001 2100super vee. Love it. Kill3r bee witch doctor got me on track last fall. Motor is johnson225 ho. Would only run about 62-63. He had me try a 25 tempest with motor 2 3/4 below pad. Can't tell you what a difference it made in drive and speed. Now 73-74 and handles great. Also it has a 14 inch jack plate . Try it you will like it. Again thanks witch doctor
    yea. you have me thinking about playing around with it this spring!

2. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    I cant believe Gary chose to kill the Bee ,I would of made a wide body and kept the looks.They are a very sharp looking rig.

3. Member
    Got a 95 180/175 blackmax combo. Dad has a 18 ft champion still beating him in some of the tourneys.( the ones I don't aren't the boats fault.) Anyhow, puttin all new wood in itas we speak. The only complaint I have is the deck space and storage. BUT I'm trying to fix that now... While rebuilding all the wood and Fiberglas anyway, gonna TRY and redesign deck to incorporate center rod storage and used sides for other stuff. If it all goes like planned there will be pics posted.

Quote Originally Posted by RumbleBee95 View Post
    Got a 95 180/175 blackmax combo. Dad has a 18 ft champion still beating him in some of the tourneys.( the ones I don't aren't the boats fault.) Anyhow, puttin all new wood in itas we speak. The only complaint I have is the deck space and storage. BUT I'm trying to fix that now... While rebuilding all the wood and Fiberglas anyway, gonna TRY and redesign deck to incorporate center rod storage and used sides for other stuff. If it all goes like planned there will be pics posted.
    keep us posted

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KILL3R BEE View Post
    keep us posted
    We need to see pics of everything......what she looked like when you pulled the cap etc? Man we need to go through the whole process with you. Thanks!

6. Member
    I have an '03 with a 150 V-max. Love it!!!

7. Member
    I'm running a '04 2100 pro sport with a 225 hpdi. I've had is since '04 and haven't had any issues. I love the ride and layout. I hope it will last another 10 or 15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by 2100bee View Post
    I'm running a '04 2100 pro sport with a 225 hpdi. I've had is since '04 and haven't had any issues. I love the ride and layout. I hope it will last another 10 or 15 years.
    make sure you post some pictures in the "pics of the Bees" thread

9. Member
    2100 Bee - how about some pics for everyone?

10. "That dude" at the ramp colreb2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 2100bee View Post
    I've seen this one and fished with him too. Definitely a good looking boat. I like the lay out as well.

11. Banned
    every body in my family runs a bee dads is a 94 254 my brothers is a 87 254 and mine is a 89 king bee

12. Member
    I just bought a 2006 Pro Vee 180 XT with a low hours 05 Merc. XR6. may be the cleanest used boat I ever owned at 65 years old. The XR6 could be best motor Merc. ever made. Cant wait to get it out. Probably my last ride as I just sold an 07 Triton TR186 . I just want to add a front deck extension one day and TM tray.

13. Member
    05 2100 best boat iv ever had.

I'm looking at buying a 290 pro sport in the spring after we get done building our house. I was looking at Champion, and they're a great boat with a loyal following, just out of my budget with building a house.

I would appreciate any information everyone could give, I can't find anything about them online.

15. Member
    What year is the 290?

17. Member
    Unless it says "Coosa" on the transom, that boat probably has a wooden transom. I have a thread right now in the Boat Restoration section called "2000 Bumble Bee 180 with Termites" with lots of photos of what the inside might look like. I purchased my boat new in 2000 and it was garage kept its whole life and well maintained. It looked like new on the outside, but when they pulled the cap off it was a mess under there. Some of it was due to termites and some was on its own just being 20 years old. I would have someone that knows what they are doing look it over before I bought it. At least knock on the transom with a rubber mallet and listen for thud sounds. Also bounce on the motor and see if the transom moves any at all. Remove the floor drain covers and stick your phone down there and take some pictures so you can see what it looks like. From the floor drain hole, you should be able to see the stringers. If you press on the stringer with an awl or screw driver and you make a hole, they are rotten. It appears that Bumble Bee cut some corners in the later years by not glassing the wood all the way to the top. If it is still solid, it is a great boat. I like my 180 well enough to completely restore it. Hope this helps.

I appreciate the information, thank you.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678