Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by barber4lyfe View Post
    Pic sent

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by barber4lyfe View Post
    Pic sent

Is the bar made of solid steel or is it a pipe?

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Reedbassn View Post
    Is the bar made of solid steel or is it a pipe?
    Stainless steel pipe, i bought for $12. The hole in the boat made form bilge outlets.

5. Member
    hey man I have a 2001 skeeter probably close to yours, you think you could shoot me an email as well.thanks csimmons1988@yahoo.com

6. Member
    Here are the pics Jimmy sent me. I'm still kind of confused what holds the bar in??
    Thanks!

Stainless thru-hull fittings available here:
    BOAT THRU HULL CONNECTOR STAINLESS STEEL / NYLON 1-1/8"

I'd assume the bar is cut just long enough, so that you push it in on the left side, then insert into right side and slide it right. With lock on the left, bar would not slide left to come out. Yes?

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CastingCall View Post
    I'd assume the bar is cut just long enough, so that you push it in on the left side, then insert into right side and slide it right. With lock on the left, bar would not slide left to come out. Yes?
    The builge fitting will not let pipe slide through, so you can cut the notch out of one and leave the other. The one with the lock will let it slide through, the other end will not let it slide through.

9. Member
    Yes

10. Member
    You use 1" OD pipe in the 1 1/8" fittings so it has enough room to slide in freely at the slight angle I'm assuming?

Nice money saving idea. Thieves have learned to use your winch to remove these easily damaging your rig. If you use one think about securing the winch too.
    Sea Ray Laguna 180
    Mercury 115

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by frazier2209 View Post
    You use 1" OD pipe in the 1 1/8" fittings so it has enough room to slide in freely at the slight angle I'm assuming?
    Really did not measure, just took fitting with me where I bought the pipe. But that sounds about right.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FUZZYDP View Post
    Nice money saving idea. Thieves have learned to use your winch to remove these easily damaging your rig. If you use one think about securing the winch too.
    It's just a detterent, if they want in bad enough they can use battery saws all. This may make them go to next boat.

14. Member
    I nominate this as idea of the year. Do you mind telling us where you got your pipe? Did you put any type of hose on the back side of the fittings for water to drain into bilge area instead of the rod lockers? It seems like water would get in there when it rains even though I don't think it would be very much. Again, great idea.
    Thanks,
    Mike

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike2718 View Post
    I nominate this as idea of the year. Do you mind telling us where you got your pipe? Did you put any type of hose on the back side of the fittings for water to drain into bilge area instead of the rod lockers? It seems like water would get in there when it rains even though I don't think it would be very much. Again, great idea.
    Thanks,
    Mike
    . I got the stainless Stell pipe at welding shop for $12. I think water would be minimal at worst. Thes sides were I mounted it have very small angle on my boat. Different or smaller boats could change the angle.

Biggest urban legend of bassboat topics. Lots of talk, never one case where someone has actually seen, known a guy, or has had this happen. Always,"I heard of a guy who my aunts cousins uncle who knows a guys whose had that happen to their brother."

Quote Originally Posted by arjone01 View Post
    Biggest urban legend of bassboat topics. Lots of talk, never one case where someone has actually seen, known a guy, or has had this happen. Always,"I heard of a guy who my aunts cousins uncle who knows a guys whose had that happen to their brother."
    Give it a whirl. See how it turns out for ya. But, I'm sure thieves don't read forums...
    Sea Ray Laguna 180
    Mercury 115

Give it a whirl. See how it turns out for ya. But, I'm sure thieves don't read forums...
    I think thousands have given it a whirl. Why don't you post a pic of a few cases since this happens?

I ain't gotta walk in front of a southbound truck to know the outcome. Be happy to demo on yours if your havin trouble grasping the concept.
    Sea Ray Laguna 180
    Mercury 115

20. Banned
    come on children,act your age,
    if you don't like the idea. Go to next thread

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast