Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Heartland Anglers Alabama Div 4 Ditto Landing...

Just added Heartland Anglers Alabama Div 4 Ditto Landing...Tony Posey TD

February 2nd
    March 9th
    April 13th
    May 18th
    June 1st
    June 29th

$40.00 entry plus 10.00 Lunker

Tony Posey
    Tmposey@mchsi.com
    256-656-5187

2. Banned
    Would be interested in fishing both divisions just curious to why you scheduled 3 tournaments on top of the other division.

3. Member
    +1 is there a chance of diluting the size of field when there is two divisions on guntersville and one on ditto landing?

Quote Originally Posted by LJackson View Post
    Would be interested in fishing both divisions just curious to why you scheduled 3 tournaments on top of the other division.

+1
    2021 Nitro Z21/300 4 stroke

5. Member
    Currently there are 4 divisions in north alabama, Elk River and Ditto Landing on Wheeler Lake, Bucky Howe and Goose Pond on Guntersville. In building these schedules we looked at the "major" tournaments and tried to stay off those dates, as you know that itself was a task. Next we leave it up to the TD as he has dates he just can't hold a tournament. Here are the 4 Div's lined up, yes some dates over lap...it's unavoidable...as you will find here About Us Heartland was set up to provide the working man the opportunity to fish at his leasure and qualify for a great classic by fishing 4 tournaments in a single division or 6 in any combination. Last year we put 275 teams on Lake Chichamauga and paid out over 75k in prize money to the top 38 teams, it's only going to get better...we are close to adding a division on Wilson and possibly Pickwick...feel free to contact me directly if needed...Jimmy

jimmycarruth@charter.net or (256) 771-3794

Elk........ February ~ 9 March ~ 9 ~ 30 April ~ 6 May ~ 18 July ~ 20
    Bucky... January ~ 26 February ~ 16 March ~ 23 April ~ 13 May ~ 11 June ~ 15
    Goose... January ~ 12 February ~ 23 March ~ 2 May ~ 25 July ~ 13 August ~ 3
    Ditto... February ~ 2 March ~ 9 April ~ 13 May ~ 18 June ~1~ 29

6. Member
    Tried to line this up (didn't work) to show that the only dates that overlap is March 9 Ditto/Elk April 13 Bucky/Ditto, guess I look at it as a choice to fish where I feel I am most competitive...also give it a chance as this is the first year to have multiable divisions in Alabama, Tennessee has 30 and it's soley left up to the TD to set his schedule...Jimmy

7. Banned
    But wouldn't it make more sense for all divisions to combine instead of splitting up everywhere??? I had rather fish a 30-50 boat tournament than a 15 boat one.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LJackson View Post
    But wouldn't it make more sense for all divisions to combine instead of splitting up everywhere??? I had rather fish a 30-50 boat tournament than a 15 boat one.
    I could just answer this by...that's not the way Heartland is set up...but I'll try to explain...

Maybe if it were a Club, but this is not. Heartland is set up by lake by ramp, a division is not allow to jump ramps much less lakes. This format is working as Heartland broke the 1200 member last year.Heartland is not for everyone, it's not a club, no AOY, no championship...just a buddy trail that offers the working man the opportunity to fish different lakes and ramps, then if desired you can fish a classic with a pretty desent payout...again it's not for everyone...

I have to ask you, if you could combine the Divisions what lake/ramp would it be held at?

9. Banned
    Why not combine the lee hi and ditto and either do one at ingalls and one at lee high, or do them all at ingals?? Same at gville either alternate ramps or just do waterfront.

10. Member
    The Divisions are set, not changing this year...if all the TD's agree then we might combine next year, but I'll leave that up to them as they are the ones that give up their time to do this...hope you fish all you can...Jimmy

11. Banned
    Ill fish the lee high division just like last year it would just be nice to have a good turnout instead of splitting them all up...

what was the average turnout for the lee-hi division last year? Planning in fishing with yall this year.

13. Banned
    12 to 15 that's why I'm not sure why they are trying to spilt up all over the lake.

yea i dont understand since they share a few of the same dates to fish. i think if you gonna have divisions so close fish alternate dates. I probably will fish both divisions and fish the one with the most people on the events they share.

15. Member
    Hope to see you both fishing...give it a chance and then decide if you want to continue, choice is a great thing!

Yea Im gonna try it out. Wish the classic paid the top 20 or 25 instead of paying all the way down to 38 places.

17. Banned
    Yeah choice is a great thing but I think most people will choose not to fish a 5 boat tournament and this is where it is heading it is a good trail but this could be a downfall.

18. Member
    First I would like to say that Heartland is a great trail to fish and I enjoyed fishing Matt's division out of Elk River last year, and plan on this year also. BUT Iwill agree with some of the concerns from other angler’s posts. Why have 2 or 3or 4 divisions on the same lake and have tournaments on same dates??? I would love to see a trail of the caliber fish one lake (say Wheeler) but move theramps around for certain times of year. Here is a example: Wheeler , start off at elk river then maybe go to Ditto later in spring then when water comes up maybe Decatur ( flip bushes) then summer maybe lower end to fish humps and deep points. I think that would be awesome!! Also a concern I have seen happen in the past, if all I have to do is fish 4 tournaments in a single division, what keeps me coming to the rest of the tournaments in that division. Why don't the tournament directors have some sort of Angler (team) of the Year award for someone that fishes all or most of the tournaments in that division??? Nothing big(jacket or nice plaque)

Don't take this wrong, I like Heartland's setup (especially the cheaper entry fees) and will continue to support the division I fish. Just my 2 cents.

Good Luck with your divison and I might get up that way.

19. Member
    Do you have to pay membership before the first tourney, or can you pay membership at the ramp the first tourney?

bustasack, i was told we could pay our membership fee at the ramp the first tourney we're fishing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast