Looking at BassCat and Phoenix

I currently have a 2001 Ranger 217b that is in excellant condition...I love the boat...but I can't help it when I see a BassCat on the water to want one. My current boat is an aluminum rig and I love the lightweight and versatility of it... but I loose MPH (I have a Merc 125 and it tops out at 64mph). I bought this boat after selling my 98 Skeeter.. because my Skeeter was older and was starting to have alot of minor issues.

My question is I don't want to buy a brand new boat... but would like to upgrade to a 2005 or newer rig. What model BassCat would you recommend? taking in consideration that my current boat is a 21'(and I am a big guy 270), that I want at least a 150-250hp, and stay under $20,000? Any thoughts?

I also like the Phoenix line too...but since they are relatively new...I would have to look for someone that posts a fire sale on one.

Indiana University Alumnus... Go Hoosiers!!!

2. Member
    Bric, if you ever want a ride in my P-II let me know. I think its really possible to get what you want within your year and budget. You should also be able to transfer that lifetime hull warranty to you.

You might give Sherm's Marine a call in Wabash and see what he might have in used. I have had my Basscat for one year this month. I don't see many in these parts.

If you could swing a few bucks more Kelly White has a sharp 2007 AL-PRICE REDUCED! 2007 Pantera II w/2007 Evinrued ETEC 200HO in BassCats for Sale Forum

There are also more for sale on the Bass Cat Owners Board BassCats for Sale Forum
    Last edited by GRR884; 12-23-2012 at 01:05 PM.
    Basscat!

3. Banned
    Kelly's Pantera 2 is a Gourgeous boat and definitely maintained, I would definitely call KellyKelly

4. Member
    Heres a link to Kellys boat at impact fishing
    Bass Cat For Sale

If you want to stay below the $20k mark, you are welcome to look at my 04 Pantera Classic . Listed at these 3 sites (BCB post has most details):

AL - 2004 BassCat Pantera Classic for sale in BassCats for Sale Forum
    Boats4Sale
    http://www.impactfishing.com/billboyett/billboyett.htm

If you want to stay below $20k, you are welcome to look at my 04 Pantera Classic . Post from BCB website has the most detail:
    AL - 2004 BassCat Pantera Classic for sale in BassCats for Sale Forum
    http://www.impactfishing.com/billboyett/billboyett.htm
    Boats4Sale

I'll have my Eyra next week and really would prefer not to store 2 boats for too long!
    Best of luck in your search and you won't go wrong with any BassCat.