Thread: Wallets

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Wallets

The watch thread got me thinking - how many of you still carry back pocket wallets ?

I gave up on them years go. They throw your back geometry out of whack when sitting and I found them annoying. I went with these and never looked back - it's a front pocket wallet. My current one is this by Fossil (my wife and daughters tell me Fossil is a good brand. I don't have a clue ) I will say it's very tough and the money clip is very sturdy. The opposite side has a clear window for a license or photo ID and it's got plenty of internal pockets for credit cards and such.

Ranting incoherently

I have one, never carry it. Never liked them at all. Lost one 25 years ago out fishing. It had some condoms, and a naughty note from my girlfriend in it. Lost it in a spot her hillbilly father fished, and the stress of him finding it pretty much cured me of caring one.
    "It's even, but it ain't settled. Let's settle it." Fast Eddie
    I still can't believe they actually won...Cubs Fans Everywhere

3. Member
    I still carry a back pocket wallet.....but it's full of credit cards, fishing license' and crap like that. I carry (what little I have) cash in my front pocket on a money clip.
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT

I've given up on them too. Carry a card case and a money clip (why I'm not sure, it doesn't get overloaded).
    Veteran, NRA Patron Life Member

5. Member
    I carry a trifold and have for 27 years.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterCASTER! View Post
    I still carry a back pocket wallet.....but it's full of credit cards, fishing license' and crap like that. I carry (what little I have) cash in my front pocket on a money clip.
    Same here.
    "Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." - Aldous Huxley

I have one but cannot stand to have it my back pocket just take what I need and leave the rest in the wallet. There just has bad as a bunch of keys in your front pocket. I keep my extra keys and wallet in a ziplock bag when goin gin the boat.
    Mark

8. Moderator
    Front pocket wallet for me as well, I rarely tote much cash or I do not have any credit cards so it works great.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterCASTER! View Post

Sure.....

Basscat!

Front pocket wallet put I but in the back pocket 90% of the time.

I still carry a wallet and I don't know any man that doesn't.

I've carried one since high school. now its to the point if its not in my back pocket I cant relax cause i keep thinking i left my wallet somewhere.

13. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bilgerat View Post
    The watch thread got me thinking - how many of you still carry back pocket wallets ?

I gave up on them years go. They throw your back geometry out of whack when sitting and I found them annoying. I went with these and never looked back - it's a front pocket wallet. My current one is this by Fossil (my wife and daughters tell me Fossil is a good brand. I don't have a clue ) I will say it's very tough and the money clip is very sturdy. The opposite side has a clear window for a license or photo ID and it's got plenty of internal pockets for credit cards and such.

The above is what I have used for a wallet for many years. Not sure how a regular wallet can throw your back geometry out though.I guess if you were really rich and had a lot of money in your wallet maybe?
    Last edited by billius; 12-20-2012 at 06:46 PM.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

I do not know a single man that does not carry a back pocket wallet....................never knew there was a front pocket wallet. Sounds like a murse to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    I've carried a wallet since I can remember. Like alot of responses on the watch thread, I'd feel naked without it in my back right pocket.

Dale Sinclair original

16. Banned
    My back doctor says a wallet is the curse! I took my wallet out my back pocket several years ago and no carry what has been posted as a front wallet. My back has thanked me for it and i have not had back issues since.

Quote Originally Posted by mkmsports41 View Post
    I do not know a single man that does not carry a back pocket wallet....................never knew there was a front pocket wallet. Sounds like a murse to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It's not a murse ... it's a European shoulder bag

Ranting incoherently

I have to have a watch on, keys in front left pocket, pocketknife and change in right front pocket and wallet in right rear pocket. Without all that, the world just isn't right. I'm kinda OCD about that, I guess. When we're out boating and I'm wearing just a swimsuit, I'm constantly feeling my pockets and have to remind myself that they're in the boat glove box.
    __________________________________________________ _____________
    2005 Lund Rebel SS 1650 w/25 HP Merc 4-stroke
    USAF 1985 - 2006 NKAWTG!

19. Member
    I went front pocket 6 years ago. I was getting ready to go on a trip to Europe and a buddy told me to carry my wallet in my front pocket because of the pickpockets on the trains etc. The trifold I had at the time was too much for my front pocket, so I picked up a true front pocket like the one pictured and never looked back.
    ZEROCOOL
    '07 Tracker Avalanche
    Mercury Optimax 115

I have found more recently I do not carry. The only problem is I cannot stand to have anything in my front pockets. I dont carry change, keys or anything else because of the way it feels in my front pockets
    "I see dead people"

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast