Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cowtrimmer View Post
    Counting the ones written out to me or just anybodies meds ? ...............
    LOL, beat me to it! No regular prescription meds, but I do take a vitamin supplement and a low dose aspirin every day. The aspirin is suppose to be very good for lots of things, but don't cut yourself, you'll think you're going to bleed out everytime!
    __________________________________________________ _____________
    2005 Lund Rebel SS 1650 w/25 HP Merc 4-stroke
    USAF 1985 - 2006 NKAWTG!

2. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Those gummy vitamins are great!

3. Member
    I also hate taking medications. I don't take any prescription meds but do take otc sinus meds daily as needed when sinus season is going. I did take an anti-depressant several years back but since I've gotten the weight off and exercised regularly I don't have to take them anymore. Probably had to take 5-10 sick days in the past 25 years of work. I'm very blessed with good health and apparently an immune system that takes no crap...

I take a handful in the morning and another in the evening plus since all the knee replacement surgeries, a whole lot of anti-biotics.

5. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    I'll also admit to the OTC sinus meds, without which my life would be more difficult. Other than ibuprofen, that's pretty much all I take. This past year, though, when I got back down to my lowest ever weight by emphasizing proteins and seriously reducing highly processed white flour in my diet, a surprising side effect--and a very welcome one--was that my lifelong allergies were reduced a good 80%. I now wonder whether I've always been slightly allergic to something in processed flour (wheat gluten?) and was not diagnosed. I also wonder whether going gluten free would make me totally allergy free. My wife is a huge fan of bread, rice, and pasta though, so some inconveniences are perhaps worth a personal sacrifice...

6. BBC Fantasy Fishing Organizer BasserJim's Avatar
    Only pain pills

7. BBC SPONSOR
    Heck, I just turned 60 and my evening meal is my meds! Thank God for good insurance!

8. Member
    bp meds, chlosterol meds, low-does aspirin, a pulse regulator and an anti-depressant every day. I'm not wild about taking them but it's better than the alternative, in every case.

Tom

I take two different meds for diabetes, and a blood pressure pill. Was on a cholesterol med, but was getting alot of joint pains and my numbers were better than normal. So the doc and I decided I didn't need to be taking that right now. Hands, knees, and back are all feeling much better now.
    "It's even, but it ain't settled. Let's settle it." Fast Eddie
    I still can't believe they actually won...Cubs Fans Everywhere

10. Member
    Had a heart transplant in June of 2010 so yeah I take a couple of medications just to keep from rejecting the new heart. I figure taking the medicine is better than the alternative...

11. Member
    Allipurinol for Uric Acid, Was taking Losartan/HTC but now they just switched me to Exforge (amlodipine/valsartan) for my Blood Pressure. and Omega 3 pill to help keep Tri's low. So far no other "MEDS" at this time.

Other than that OTC on occasional for heartburn flareup's and some Tylenol. I still have some Mobic to help inflammation on occasion but not every day.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GRR884 View Post
    Seems like most of the people I know are on some sort of prescription meds. I absolutely hate all meds. Even when I had my gall bladder out I took no meds. I guess I'm fortunate at 52 to not be on anything. I do take a baby aspirin though. I talked to one guy last week and him and his wife are realtors with no insurance and his meds alone run him $300 a month.
    I wish mine were only $300. I pay for my own insurance $806.00 pm I have a $10,000 deductable. Last year my wife and I without being sick spend over $14,000 on medical. That includes ins prem. and all prescriptions, and doctor visit.

Do Flintstones count?
    I think the new secret color is "A-Rig"..........

14. Member
    I take 1 SYNTHROID 75 MCG every morning, and 1 PRAVACHOL 80 MG at night.

Quote Originally Posted by SkeeterDD22 View Post
    Do Flintstones count?
    Watch out for the Dino's man, they'll kick your butt.
    __________________________________________________ _____________
    2005 Lund Rebel SS 1650 w/25 HP Merc 4-stroke
    USAF 1985 - 2006 NKAWTG!

16. Member
    I'm 70 and don't take any pills or shots. I need something though, because I wrecked my boat today I think I had "Ocularrectumitis" because I had my head up my ass.

17. Member
    I'm 49 and take about 90 pills a week. I have Rheumatoid Arthritis, diagnosed 2 years ago and rhey still haven't found the right combination of meds. Hands, feet, ankles and knees all swelled up. They will either get it in check or end up crippled once it does its damage, sad part is that it is my own body attacking itself!
    2007 Triton 20 X2 powered by Mercury 250 Pro XS. Lowrance HDS 8 & 7 Touch.

18. Member
    I talk one medication and I can get the genaeric and it cost me $4.00 for a 30 day fill. I get my filled at a local Krogers.

19. Member
    am 62...smoke like a furnace, drink like a fish and eat like they ain't making no more.

zero meds.

may drop like a rock one day but, hey...ain't we all?

20. Member
    Just one blue one twice a month

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast