Thread: Bimini Top?

Question Bimini Top?

Does anyone have a Bimini top on their Ranger? I have a 620VS and was thinking on getting a top for it for trolling in the rain or on hot days. For thhose that have them, does it interfere with rear deck fishing from the seat? Any pictures of your install?
    Bugs
    2003 Ranger 620VS
    2003 Yamaha 225HP
    2003 Yamaha 9.9HP

Would like to have one myself for a Ranger Z117, my fishing buds(wife & son) back out on me in the hot direct sun or when rain is forecasted. I personally have no desire for a top but if I could make it more comfortable for my buddies to go along that would be good.
    2012 Ranger Z117 / Mercury 115 Pro XS

Ad_20672P_0.jpg
    Looks the same as my sylvan does and I fish with it up in the fall with no problem.

When it is folded up and stoerd in the rear, does it interfere with someone bass fishing from the rear seat?
    Bugs
    2003 Ranger 620VS
    2003 Yamaha 225HP
    2003 Yamaha 9.9HP

I cant have a co fishing in the back with mine up.

6. Member
    I've got one on my Tracker V16. We usually have it down if we're bass fishing as they're easy to take down or put up, takes no more than a miniute or so once you've done it a few times but you can bass fish from the back seat with it up. You've got to be careful though and a shorter rod helps. Someone good with a baitcaster can make it work and a spinning rod with 3/4 overhand or side arm casts works ok too.

No question I'd rather have the Bimini than not. I've had them on every aluminum bass boat I've owned. If your trolling on a hot day sometimes it'll make the difference in staying on the lake or going home.

7. Member
    It doesn't interfere with fishing from the back if it's rolled up in the back on my boat. I'd think it wouldn't be a problem on yours as I'm pretty sure you've got a bigger boat.

Thanx for the info Zandaokahn. Once I get it out of the snow and ready for soft water fishing I am going to seriously look at getting one installed. I can imagine it would make quite a difference on a sweaty hot day or pouring rain!
    Bugs
    2003 Ranger 620VS
    2003 Yamaha 225HP
    2003 Yamaha 9.9HP

9. Member
    Rain or snow unless there's some wind.

We use the Anchor Shade. It goes up fast and comes with a nice storage case. You can troll in it but not run with it up. You can get them at Bass Pro or West Marine.

DSCN0233.jpg

Mary

That's pretty slick Mary!
    Bugs
    2003 Ranger 620VS
    2003 Yamaha 225HP
    2003 Yamaha 9.9HP