Best headset system for touring bikes

As a new Harley guy I have lots of questions. What do you consider as the best headset system for the touring bikes? I want one to do CB, rider to passenger, intercom, play thru the Harley radio system, etc. I have read about the Ed Sets and Scala but they are pretty pricey. I know you get what you pay for in electronics and don't mind paying the price if it is truly worth it. Thanks for your advice.

I have no idea which is best, but don't forget to check with your HD dealer for the factory stuff.

3. Member
    I use scala rider pro on a full face helmet. Works great, mainly got them so I could answer phone while on the road.

4. Member
    We use two of the factory in helmet systems with the VOX turned off.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by n2ratfishin View Post
    We use two of the factory in helmet systems with the VOX turned off.
    Does HD have helments with the system already installed in them?

6. Member
    Not that I know of. I have one of their systems in a HD helmet and one in another brand. The HD speaker and mic are real easy to install on most any 3/4 or full face helmet. Your bike should have came with one set.

Boom!™ Audio Full Helmet Premium Music and Communications Headset | Genuine Motor Accessories | Harley-Davidson USA

scala ride teampro, wife and I really like them and it has blue tooth.

8. Member
    I was able to install one on a HD Half helmet and it works great. First time I ever used one was a month ago taking the bike from TN to our FL house for the winter.

I always went with an external mic and the standard fairing speakers and that worked fine for us since we hate wearing helmets, kinda strange for an instructor. Unless its pouring down rain or freezing cold you will not see me with a helmet on in a state that does not require one. Before we get on the helmet-no helmet discussion, its a choice in many states and its my choice not to wear one when I have the opportunity.

George Brock

2015 920 Pro/XP
    2015 Mercury 250 Pro/XS
    Twin 8' Powerpole Blades

9. Member
    HD stuff works great. My wife and I have used HD headsets for years now. She rides a Heritage now so we switched to the Scala so we could talk bike to bike. No complaints with either.