Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ya'll nothin but a bunch of...........

FISH/SKI wanna be's!

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

2. Banned
    come on now!
    you know ya have to have a "multi species boat" in Ohio!!!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

It'll catch whatever is biting!
    Last edited by PolarKraft195; 05-13-2013 at 03:46 PM.

3. Member
    I will probably regret this one, but it is all in fun..... so I'll stir the pot a bit more.

The multi-species guys will be high and dry when the big water gets too rough for the baby bass boats.

Remember... all in fun.

Triton 205, Evinrude E-Tec 225 HO
    Last edited by Fishoutback; 11-17-2012 at 08:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishoutback View Post
    I will probably regret this one, but it is all in fun..... so I'll stir the pot a bit more.

The multi-species guys will be high and dry when the big water gets too rough for the baby bass boats.

Remember... all in fun.

Triton 205, Evinrude E-Tec 225 HO
    But remember! Those baby bass boats can do 70mph in 6' swells and even stay dry!
    Bugs
    2003 Ranger 620VS
    2003 Yamaha 225HP
    2003 Yamaha 9.9HP

5. Member
    Key word here, "swells".... Try that in real waves, say 3' chop. :)

Jump in one of these wannabes on a day the wind blowing' 25 down the trough and your opinion might change.

Check Joe Okada's page out, here's a clip.

The 1.5 Minute 209TFX Test Drive | Joe Okada

7. Multi-Species Boats/Ontario Club Moderator
    That's an impressive video and boat!!! What kind of speeds can be expected with a jackplate, Merc 250 Pro XS or SHO, no kicker etc.?

8. Member
    This is why I don't own a bassboat. If I fished the narrows or way up north in the islands more, a bassboat would work better, but...I don't. Still have bassboat envy sometimes, but I also fish in this weather on a somewhat regular basis. That yarcraft is sweet.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by MacIntosh; 05-23-2013 at 09:06 PM.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jigncraw View Post
    That's an impressive video and boat!!! What kind of speeds can be expected with a jackplate, Merc 250 Pro XS or SHO, no kicker etc.?
    Thats the $64,000 question with a multispecies boat, isn't it? Speed on flat water, or speed in 3'-4' chop? There's SPEED, and then there's dealing with REALITY! The fastest boat often isn't the first one there...(when the wind blows, the fastest boat usually isn't there at all!)...but it sucks to have to compromise so much going in either direction. That Yarcraft looks like it has plenty of big water ability, and it's gotta be fairly fast with a 250 on it...but I still don't think it'd be the ideal boat for me. I am constantly wondering why there aren't more boats that strike a balance between a bassboat and a deep v multi species boat, something like a Lund predator or a Tuffy x-190, which are the only two I know of.
    Last edited by MacIntosh; 05-16-2013 at 05:54 PM.

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MacIntosh View Post
    Thats the $64,000 question with a multispecies boat, isn't it? Speed on flat water, or speed in 3'-4' chop? There's SPEED, and then there's dealing with REALITY! The fastest boat often isn't the first one there...(when the wind blows, the fastest boat usually isn't there at all!)...but it sucks to have to compromise so much going in either direction. That Yarcraft looks like it has plenty of big water ability, and it's gotta be fairly fast with a 250 on it...but I still don't think it'd be the ideal boat for me. I am constantly wondering why there aren't more boats that strike a balance between a bassboat and a deep v multi species boat, something like a Lund predator or a Tuffy x-190, which are the only two I know of.
    I wonder that as well. I'm really surprised Lund or Tuffy don't push those boats more as well. When I got my Predator, it was from the only dealer in the area who stocked them. Lund's website and catalog suck as far as showing off pics of the boat and I was really hesitant to order one without seeing it first. If Lund was smart, they would come out with a 'glass version of the Predator with unlimited hp rating. The only reason I say that is because the hull design is a deep v/modified v combination. The ass end of the boat like to blow around a little in the wind. 'Glass would add a few more pounds so it drafts deeper and blows around a little less.

The Tuffy x-190 is my ideal boat. I just wish there was a dealer down south somewhere. It is exactly a cross between a deep V and a bass boat. It also has pedestal chairs for old man knees.

Crappie fish fry. It don't taste any better.

12. Member
    Weren't you looking at a Lund as one option? See if you can get a look at a predator. It's basically a tin version of that rig.

The multi species fiberglass boats are low in volume compared to baas models. To develop a cross between the two is not going to appeal to large enough numbers to justify the tooling costs.

This is the 209 TFX in the video Okada did. He runs the digital series big block Yamaha and they did a conservative boat sheet on the set up this year. They can run into mid 60's with gear and going.

We bought the molds and brand of Yar-Craft in December of 2011 and began releasing production in March, 2013. Other than redesign the deck on the 2095 BTX we have done more clean up and construction changes than anything, and we reintroduced the 1785 Back Troller model.

We do think back troller models make better cross overs from our uses of both styles.

14. Kansas Bass Club Moderator
    BCB are you making the Yar-Crafts in AR or in the original location?

That is one impressive video!!!

Yes, they are built in Arkansas.

Thank you, Okada is great!

16. Member
    My StarcraftMR180 CC wiil do everything and more!!

17. Member
    Maybe I'm missing something, but no one has mentioned the Ranger multi-species series... Their 600 hull series are awesome "cross-over" boats IMHO, that's why I bought a 619VS I fish St. Clair almost exclusively, and there's really no such thing as swells just nasty chop. Spent enough time in a Lund getting soaked and beat up! With the rear casting deck it fishes like a bass boat and handles the water beautifully! Sure it won't go 70, but I don't fish but one or two tournaments and it's fast enough for me!
    2004 Ranger 619VS

18. Kansas Bass Club Moderator
    Thats why they are called "Multi-Species" boats. You can do it all from them! Bass, walleye, catfish, troll for big wipers or stripers, and then when your done put the bimini top up and relax with the family.

I would seriously consider a multi-species rig for my next boat. Sure you don't have the chest thumping speed of a bassboat but does it really matter considering everything else they CAN do that a bassboat CAN'T do? Not to mention the big water safety that comes into play.

For the northern area multi-species guy like me, I was very excited when Ranger came out with the 1860 VS. They'd finally created a true "all around" fishing rig, with the consoles moved back enough to allow a very roomy casting deck, long-rod storage, hull that can handle medium to large water, yet has seating for 5 pedistals - and makes an excellent family fun boat. All on a tow and garage friendly single-axle trailer. Lund's offering of the fiberglass Pro-V GL series is nearly identical. These are much more fisherman friendly than a fish & ski that doesn't really suit a serious fisherman's tackle needs. Other makers quickly followed suit, including Triton's Fishunter series, Yarcraft, Warrior, and Tuffy - most all offering a pushed-back console configuration to expand the front casting deck for casting fishermen. And lately, I've seen many more mutli-species boats with Talons and Powerpoles on them! So these aren't all walleye and laker guys.

20. Member
    Here ya go, a fast Ranger 620. I get mid 50's out of my 620 with a Yamaha F250. Speed prop I can hit 60.
    Last edited by cjbrown; 10-29-2013 at 07:13 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast