Thread: I like em.

Thumbs Up I like em.

If I had the money I'd be in a 620vs full windshield, 9.9 and a 250 to get me there.

2. Multi-Species Boats/Ontario Club Moderator
    I really like the Yar-Craft and the Tuffy boats.... I have to admit the new Larson has me interested too!!!

I am a Ranger guy all the way, but the lay out, rod storage in the 600 Series I don't like. Needs to be tweaked in my opinion, I have too many rods I guess!!!

Last edited by K-ach; 12-23-2012 at 10:04 PM.
    Kevin
    2009 Champion 183CX

4. Member

Thumbs Up

I think I'll like this new forum also.

I run a Ranger 621 and my buddy runs a Yarcraft 209 TFX. I would not hesitatate to own either after spending alot of time in both.

Finish on the Ranger is better, speed goes to Yar, bad weather ride and speed goes to Yar, storage to Ranger (imho), gelcoat quality Ranger, trailer goes to Ranger, dealer network to Ranger, price goes to Yar. These are both 08 models. I have heard great things about the overall finish of the Yar brand since BCB took over.

My next boat will be between the 2 with price being the major deciding factor.

Quote Originally Posted by luveyes View Post
    bad weather ride and speed goes to Yar,
    Luveyes - Get in a 2010 or newer 621 and I am positive you will change your position on rough water ride. The changes they made starting in '10 to the 621 improved the ride considerably over the older hull.

Matt D

7. Member
    A few years ago I jumped from a Cajun 185D bass boat to a Triton 205 and could not have made a better choice. Great ride on both inland and great lakes of Michigan.
    Mainly chasing smallmouth and walleye.

I describe my Triton as a bass boat on steroids. Nothing illegal about that!!!
    I'll have to work on getting a couple of pics posted.

Multi-species guys rule!

Great idea for a new forum.

Triton 205, Evinrude E-Tec 225 HO
    Last edited by Fishoutback; 11-17-2012 at 08:34 PM.