Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bricball View Post
    I have a 2001 Ranger 217b(Multispecies Tin Rig) with a Mer 125... I have it top ended at 64 trimmed out. I plan on putting a jack plate this spring and a power pole.
    is it just me or does that seem really high for that boat/combo?
    2002 G3 HP180
    2013 250 Pro XS-Jet converted

2001 Tracker Targa 18

2. Member
    Id argue its clearly a tin bassboat not a multispecies rig, but whatever you call it that boat is supposed to be 17'x86" and hull weighs 1070lb. It's over 100lb lighter and 6" inches narrower than my lund, and hull shape is surely different, but Ive got the exact same engine. I've got a not-perfect laserII 22pitch turning max rpms when the boat is empty and get about 45mph on my gps on a smooth day. That's very similar to others I know with similar boats as mine. Assume it's a little faster hull, a motor with abnormally high juice and it's set up perfectly, different weight distribution...maybe 50 mph or a little more seems realistic? Maybe 55 if all is perfect? If so, add in the over-estimation from a speedo instead of GPS and you're at least close. There's a guy with a similar ranger I see sometimes on the local lake who has a newer etec 115 on it that runs at a comparable speed to my boat, so I'm guessing 50ish is more realistic and speedo is off?

If not, I want some of what that engine's having! :)
    Last edited by MacIntosh; 05-25-2013 at 02:18 PM.

3. Member
    ME!!

4. Member
    Well my 22' FishRite is no speed demon but it will run 45mph GPS through 3-1/2 to 4" of water with the Hamilton 212J jet and GM350 V-8. My boat also weighs in at about 2200 lbs loaded so its no lightweight. But I can chase bass, salmon, sturgeon, steelhead, stripers anywhere they roam.

Here's a fast ranger multi-species 620

Quote Originally Posted by dakotahunter12 View Post
    Here's a fast ranger multi-species 620
    You switched the units to Kilometers didn't ya! Haha...just kidding dakota...that's a fast 620. What's your setup?

2013 Ranger 621. Evinrude 250 HO. Runs about 57 mph with tournament gear and 650 pounds of passengers. I have hit 60 on a few occasions with the right chop on the water.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam I am View Post
    You switched the units to Kilometers didn't ya! Haha...just kidding dakota...that's a fast 620. What's your setup?
    This isn't my boat boat. but it's a 2013 I believe with 250 verado pro on an atlas plate running a bravo 26. I have a 2014 same setup with a bravofs 24 and it moves out too. Lots of time and money in props and setup to get that kind of speed, I haven't seen 70 yet with mine

9. Member
    And the most money gos to have the verado reflashed to a 300+!!! Wiredog

I can't speak for them but you are DEAD WRONG on my rig!!!!! It is new and under warranty. My verado is out running my previous 250XS by a long shot. The Pro verado is a FAST motor. My buddy bought a 2013 620 ranger with 250 verado pro this spring, I went for a ride in it after he told me he was seeing 63.8 no plate w/ a 21 tempest. I ordered a new 2014 two weeks later. I know how to setup a boat and this thing flies. Tritons are not the only fast multispecies boat in fact I have rocked everyone I have ever ran against with both of my 620s.

11. Member
    Dakota, just because you have what you call "ROCKED" everyone you have ever ran against, you can't argue that the tritons are a faster hull, I also own a 620 and love it, but if I wanted the "Fastest" walleye boat it would be a 202 or 205 with 250s on them, Or a 215 with a 300xs, proper setup you won't touch them.

LETS FISH IT!!

I know they are fast hulls but you should know I know how to make a boat go fast, you have called me twice trying to figure out to get speed out of yours. I take offense when someone tells me I did something to my motor I didn't do. Wire dog has strong opinions on most every subject from dogs to boats, if it isn't a triton it can't be fast and if it is a wire hair it can't hunt. I am waiting to see video of these 70mph 215s although they are fast I know I can run right with them because I have. You miss understood my comment it was a direct jab at wiredog when I say I have rocked everone I was referring to the Tritons. I guess I got a little heated as all I was doing was posting a video of a truly fast multispecies boat. If you want a fast boat they bass boat guys got it, I have had my but handed to me by a few of them.

13. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    http://www.bbcboards.net/charger-boa...-suv-pics.html

Dont know if its the fastest ,but it gets with it.
    Last edited by TOUCH OF CLASS; 02-06-2014 at 11:04 AM.

14. Multi-Species Boats/Ontario Club Moderator
    That is a sick boat!!!! I have fished out of a Charger 797 and I was really impressed, I wish we had one in Ontario to see up close!!!

15. Member
    I run a 2013 Yar-Craft 186 TFX with a 175 ProXS. Fastest GPS is 57, this fall with cooler temps and just me in the boat. With two guys in the summer it usually runs around 54.

My uncle was keeping up to me in his 1900 Lund Pro/V with a 225 e-tec at 65, I was running a Z20.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dakotahunter12 View Post
    I know they are fast hulls but you should know I know how to make a boat go fast, you have called me twice trying to figure out to get speed out of yours. I take offense when someone tells me I did something to my motor I didn't do. Wire dog has strong opinions on most every subject from dogs to boats, if it isn't a triton it can't be fast and if it is a wire hair it can't hunt. I am waiting to see video of these 70mph 215s although they are fast I know I can run right with them because I have. You miss understood my comment it was a direct jab at wiredog when I say I have rocked everone I was referring to the Tritons. I guess I got a little heated as all I was doing was posting a video of a truly fast multispecies boat. If you want a fast boat they bass boat guys got it, I have had my but handed to me by a few of them.
    AND YOU DON`T have strong opinions!!! And yes i do have strong opinions on the things that i know about. And two of those are boats and dogs. And if you want to start poking jabs you better learn about the person before you start. You don`t know one damm thing about me or what i really do know. And as far as my wirehairs can`t hunt i will put my wires up against your mutts any time any where and we will see who gets ROCKED!! Now as for your super fast lead sled, just look at the post on the 210 Charger. That boat is 1800# and has a 300 pro vrod with a jack plate and runs mid to high 60s with out a kicker hanging on the back. The 620 in your vid is 2400# with a 250 vrod and a kicker on the back. 70+ i don`t think so Wiredog

18. Multi-Species Boats/Ontario Club Moderator
    Gentlemen it's been civil up to this point.... If you want to argue about top speeds, dogs or boats that's fine, use the Private Message feature from here on out....

19. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    My buddy has a 621 with a 250 xs and a 21 pitch prop is all it will turn.That about 55.Could it get a few more maybe but not 10 or 12 with a load.Now is there a 621 that will run sure I bet its 1 in a 1000 but it could be lighter or something.To me it would be more of a ride thing than a speed on a walleye boat and its going to be hard to beat a deep V.

20. Member
    The 620 has a video to back up the claims, just sayin... I didn't believe it either until I saw that. Very impressive. 215's are also fast as was the 205 I owned.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast