Page 1 of 56 1231151 ... LastLast

Post Navionics charting questions - need help with charting?

This thread dedicated on all plotter forums to help with any Navionics questions relating to charts, features, updates, new features, mobile app, etc... please ask anything you like so others may learn as well.
    Last edited by SLYDoggie; 04-02-2022 at 05:15 PM.

2. Member
    Is there any way to transfer waypoints from my Navionics PC App to my Humminbird or Lowrance units?

When submitting a Humminbird recording, which file is needed to add to the updates?

.XML
    .BAK
    .DAT
    .IDX
    .SON
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

4. Member
    Where do I find the lake list for Pennsylvania Lakes?

Quote Originally Posted by Jnoel View Post
    Where do I find the lake list for Pennsylvania Lakes?
    High Definition Lakes | Navionics

http://www.navionics.com/en/hotmaps-premium
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

I was reading about the new Sonar Charts feature coming out sounds exciting, what is the turnaround vs Freshest Data?

7. Member
    If you need any assistance on question about Navionics or Humminbird products, please let me know and I will do my best to answer what I can. Thanks and happy fishing folks.

8. Member
    Sonarfishing: yes. since you already have the PC App, download your numbers from your PC app under the setting feature to a SD or MSD card. You'll see a plotter choice as you do this. You can then place the SD chart into the Humm unit and upload the waypoints to the plotter. of couse this can be done the reverse as well from the Humm to the PC app for safe storage. always a good idea to back it up.

9. Member
    hello Wayne: you are on as many forums as I am it seems. When you record on the Humm it should just simply record as all channels. under the "sonar page" hit menu and then select record sonar. that should be all that is needed. You will notice that to record on a Navionics chart it may not let you on the newer plotters to protect the chip integrity. if that is the case, record onto a blank SD. try and stop and start record when you can to keep the files a bit smaller.

Wayne is refering to the new SonarCharts feature that is available to Humminbird. it is beta test mode right now but wil llaunch in the next motnh or so. this allows everyone in the Navionics Community to record sonar, upload the data, and in 24 hours have one foot contours for every where he/she and all Navionics contributing members have recorded. This is for free!! the only thing you need is a Navionics Hot Maps Platinum chart to do this. Reason being is a space issue. if you have a plotter that doesnt run Platinum, we have a solution coming for you very very soon. the Sonarchart can be viewed on the "fish n Chip" layer of the Humminbird. this will give you new lakes, new updates, and answer all the requests we have of how do i get my lake surveyed now. great product on Humminbird. Here is a brief video to explaqin a little more:

thanks Wayne. As always, if you have other questions, let me know. good to see a familiar name

10. Member
    answering two at the same time here.
    more eyes: updates are 24 hours and can be done daily through Navionics Freshest data.
    Wayne: thanks for helping jnoel
    fishermen: appreciate the help.

11. Member
    is this just for Humminbird? i have a lowrance HDS5 marine. i have created sonar logs previously to download to my computer.

12. Member
    Hi Richie, i saw your comment on the other thread. So you will have to disregard the part on "recording sonar". Navico users at this time are not able to do so. They can SEE the SonarCharts under the "Fish N Chip" layer as to the latest updates but currently cant particpate in the recording feature. At this time, yes Humminbird can do both! Record sonar with a Humminbird plotter, upload the data, and then get one foot contours 24 hours later. not only contours from where you have done SonarCharting but where all Navionics users have done it. massive crowd sourcing to get large amounts of "NOW" data.
    unfortuantely on the sonar logs you made on charts already... hold on to them. Hopefully Navico will allow you to give them to us soon. Meanwhile might need to borrow or buy a buddies Humminbird if you want to participate and need new data
    here is the info on SonarCharts:
    video:

13. Member
    some added info for Navionics users.
    Check out our new website at www.Navionics.com for the new chart viewer. look at fresh and saltwater charts for anywhere in the world.
    On freshwater we currently now have over 3000 HD one foot contour lakes and over 20,000 lakes on Hot Maps. More lakes than any charting company in the world.

more info on Navionics Sonarcharts:
    Screen one is a reservoir that was public lake data. Shot number two is the same area now with SonarCharts from Navionics
    Reservoir data.jpgreservoir data SonarChart.jpg

14. Member
    public lake data.jpgSonarChart lake data improved.jpg a little more info on taking a public lake and transforming into an HD one foot contour lakes using Navionics SonarCharts

I got a message to update to version 1.5.7 for the web store, but it doesn't update the 1.5.6. It indicates I have to delete 1.5.6 to download 1.5.7.

If I delete 1.5.6, how do I get the web store again?

Edited: I figured it out
    Last edited by Wayne P.; 11-14-2012 at 06:58 PM.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

16. Member
    Okay good. I will relay to customer service though to let them know it should be a bit clearer

17. Member
    I updated my Navionics chip with version 1.5.7 and it will not load up correctly. It says loading charge while the screen is white. This is a replacement chip I got from Navionics because the last one didn't have enough space to do the fresh data. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Regarding the Hotmaps Platinum chips and the satellite imagery, what are the limits of the satellite coverage? Specifically, I'd like to know if a body of water not currently mapped on the East chip (Occoquan reservoir, VA) would include a satellite image of the same body of water. Does satellite coverage on the chips stop with those lakes already mapped?

19. Member
    Just saw this post and thought I'd see if any of you could help me. I currently have a post in Miscellaneous 1- NAVIONICS SILVER ALL-IN-ONE COVERAGE ENTIRE US or CANADIAN Coast (SD card). I purchased this chip awhile ago and never used it. These were $169 and I am asking $50 for it. I haven't even had a sniff on it. Do any of you guys know why?

20. Member
    Memphis: Send me a private message. I'll try and help you or get you to someone who can help you quickly. I need to check what plotter you are using and that you have the latest software. very odd on loader. lets talk.

Mudkart: satellite coverage on coastal areas is full coast and usually inshore to 10-20 miles depending on the area (some areas farther). Satellite coverage on Hot Maps, currently is only around HD lakes. If there is a lake that we dont have, public lake, or lake that gets charted with SonarCharts: it doesnt mean it will get Sat overlay. That is something we need to add seperately. In order to do that, that must be submitted off our website as a request form and we prioritize those to add them in. hope that answers your question?

Page 1 of 56 1231151 ... LastLast