Page 1 of 54 1231151 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Navionics charting questions - need help with charting?

This thread dedicated on all plotter forums to help with any Navionics questions relating to charts, features, updates, new features, mobile app, etc... please ask anything you like so others may learn as well.
    Last edited by SLYDoggie; 04-02-2022 at 05:15 PM.

2. Member
    Is there any way to transfer waypoints from my Navionics PC App to my Humminbird or Lowrance units?

3. Member
    As great as the Navionics PC App and the I-phone App are - presently there is no way to electronically "transfer" the waypoints you create on your pc or i-phone application to your Humminbird or Lowrance sonar units. It is easy to do this manually (as I am sure you have figured out) - but right now this is not a feature that is available...too bad isn't it ?

Quote Originally Posted by 5InLivewell View Post
    As great as the Navionics PC App and the I-phone App are - presently there is no way to electronically "transfer" the waypoints you create on your pc or i-phone application to your Humminbird or Lowrance sonar units. It is easy to do this manually (as I am sure you have figured out) - but right now this is not a feature that is available...too bad isn't it ?
    I don't use those products for waypoint creation, BUT yes you can with Navionics PC via memory card. There is an Import/Export feature in the settings menu. I have seen some discussions about doing data transfer with the mobile app too, have no idea how.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

When submitting a Humminbird recording, which file is needed to add to the updates?

.XML
    .BAK
    .DAT
    .IDX
    .SON
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

6. Member
    Where do I find the lake list for Pennsylvania Lakes?

Quote Originally Posted by Jnoel View Post
    Where do I find the lake list for Pennsylvania Lakes?
    High Definition Lakes | Navionics

http://www.navionics.com/en/hotmaps-premium
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

I was reading about the new Sonar Charts feature coming out sounds exciting, what is the turnaround vs Freshest Data?

9. Member
    If you need any assistance on question about Navionics or Humminbird products, please let me know and I will do my best to answer what I can. Thanks and happy fishing folks.

10. Member
    Sonarfishing: yes. since you already have the PC App, download your numbers from your PC app under the setting feature to a SD or MSD card. You'll see a plotter choice as you do this. You can then place the SD chart into the Humm unit and upload the waypoints to the plotter. of couse this can be done the reverse as well from the Humm to the PC app for safe storage. always a good idea to back it up.

11. Member
    Is there an app for Mac computer and where would I get it?

12. Member
    hello Wayne: you are on as many forums as I am it seems. When you record on the Humm it should just simply record as all channels. under the "sonar page" hit menu and then select record sonar. that should be all that is needed. You will notice that to record on a Navionics chart it may not let you on the newer plotters to protect the chip integrity. if that is the case, record onto a blank SD. try and stop and start record when you can to keep the files a bit smaller.

Wayne is refering to the new SonarCharts feature that is available to Humminbird. it is beta test mode right now but wil llaunch in the next motnh or so. this allows everyone in the Navionics Community to record sonar, upload the data, and in 24 hours have one foot contours for every where he/she and all Navionics contributing members have recorded. This is for free!! the only thing you need is a Navionics Hot Maps Platinum chart to do this. Reason being is a space issue. if you have a plotter that doesnt run Platinum, we have a solution coming for you very very soon. the Sonarchart can be viewed on the "fish n Chip" layer of the Humminbird. this will give you new lakes, new updates, and answer all the requests we have of how do i get my lake surveyed now. great product on Humminbird. Here is a brief video to explaqin a little more:

thanks Wayne. As always, if you have other questions, let me know. good to see a familiar name

13. Member
    answering two at the same time here.
    more eyes: updates are 24 hours and can be done daily through Navionics Freshest data.
    Wayne: thanks for helping jnoel
    fishermen: appreciate the help.

Quote Originally Posted by fisherman64 View Post
    If you need any assistance on question about Navionics or Humminbird products, please let me know and I will do my best to answer what I can. Thanks and happy fishing folks.
    Fisherman64, can you walk me through how I can import or overlay my hummnbird snapshots on my navionics PC app

15. Member
    Not sure if this is where this belongs...but does anyone have any info why I can not find any of the lakes we fish in Canada on any map package available, not even on my base map that comes with unit, there is just a blank area that stops west of Rainy/LOTW. Its the Seine River system west of Atikokan. Also in Tomahawk, WI there are a few major lakes there, and of course the one that we fish, Lake Alice, has no map upgrades available anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilloutwayne View Post
    Not sure if this is where this belongs...but does anyone have any info why I can not find any of the lakes we fish in Canada on any map package available, not even on my base map that comes with unit, there is just a blank area that stops west of Rainy/LOTW. Its the Seine River system west of Atikokan. Also in Tomahawk, WI there are a few major lakes there, and of course the one that we fish, Lake Alice, has no map upgrades available anywhere.
    Have you looked at the Navionics website's Web App?
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    Have you looked at the Navionics website's Web App?
    Yes I have, I will attach two photos showing the areas. In Tomahawk you can see all lakes surrounding Lake Alice have map upgrades, Alice just has the generic outline that is not even correct, my locator shows me driving on land half the time and some of my waypoints are way off too...tho that can be related to my locator issues (I posted below in this Humminbird forum regarding those issues).

In the Canada picture you can see a lake called Factor Lake, that is just south of the series of lakes that we fish. That entire area is blanked out completely, which is why we don't even get a generic shore outline or anything when fishing up there...quite frustrating.

Thanks for the quick reply, any other thoughts?
    Attached Images Attached Images

18. Member
    Hey Fisherman64. Do you know how to return to your route after selecting spot lock on helix 10? I selected go to position for about 20 waypoints along a path to form a route as my wife and I like to troll. When my wife caught a fish, I selected spot lock to avoid the shore line while I helped her land the fish in the boat. Once all was done, I wanted to continue on my route but couldn't find out how without reselecting every waypoint in order again. Is there an easier way?

I appreciate your time! Thanks
    BassSter

19. Member
    is this just for Humminbird? i have a lowrance HDS5 marine. i have created sonar logs previously to download to my computer.

20. Member
    Hi Richie, i saw your comment on the other thread. So you will have to disregard the part on "recording sonar". Navico users at this time are not able to do so. They can SEE the SonarCharts under the "Fish N Chip" layer as to the latest updates but currently cant particpate in the recording feature. At this time, yes Humminbird can do both! Record sonar with a Humminbird plotter, upload the data, and then get one foot contours 24 hours later. not only contours from where you have done SonarCharting but where all Navionics users have done it. massive crowd sourcing to get large amounts of "NOW" data.
    unfortuantely on the sonar logs you made on charts already... hold on to them. Hopefully Navico will allow you to give them to us soon. Meanwhile might need to borrow or buy a buddies Humminbird if you want to participate and need new data
    here is the info on SonarCharts:
    video:

Page 1 of 54 1231151 ... LastLast