Page 48 of 56 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Navionics east premium hot maps. I will check the navionics app.
    thanks
    Dave

2. Member
    Just purchased a navionics + regions east card and registered and updated. Works fine in the helix 9. Is there any advantage to purge the card and then load it with only the lakes i fish? Also, when I use the Navionics chart installer to check the card there is only an update button and no download button showing on the installer. ?Why don't I see a download button?

3. Member
    Manchu171 - Im going to update a Navionics + Regions tomorrow and see again what the actual verbiage was to better clarify but I'm guessing that with the Navionics + Regions, everything is already preloaded, both Nautical and SonarChart layers. Meaning all you'll need to ever do would be simply Update your cards SonarCharts from time to time.

4. Member
    Thanks jd. everything is on the card but to dowload the updates takes a very long time. at least using att. LOL thanks in advance.

5. Member
    Is it possible to view Navionics Sonar Chart layer on Humminbird?

Quote Originally Posted by CHOOhonets View Post
    Is it possible to view Navionics Sonar Chart layer on Humminbird?

Of course, select FishNChip.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

7. Member
    I have two Navionics + mapping cards. I updated both of them today off Navionics website. I have a Helix 10 SI GPS at the helm and Helix 10 Sonar GPS at the bow. They did work fine before the updating today.
    I have both units in "Simulation" mode, which HB CS said was OK.
    Neither card will load in either unit. The SI GPS at the stern is stuck on reading: "Loading Charts". The bow Sonar GPS reads: "Loading Charts" for a few seconds, then goes to "No Chart" and stays there. I should mention I have the boat out in the garage.
    I have tried changing card slots in the units, going from Left card to Right card to Auto Select card. When selecting card slots it does say "Fish N Chips" for what ever slot I have it in.
    I did call HB CS and they said to call Navionics, which of course I have been unable to get thru to and I'm guessing they are closed for the day on the east coast.
    Any ideas? Thanks in Advance, Gregory

8. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    PM sent...
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

9. Member
    I have the same problem as surf n turf above. sometimes it will load and sometimes not.

10. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    My NAV card always loads - but sometimes takes too long.

Sometimes the server has issues with "bad" updates...

I usually never have an issue with my LM cards.
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

11. Member
    Surf n Turf - Is the data 100% not showing up even after a good while? I have seen on the Helix models where the card can take an unusual amount of time to load. Especially under the Fish n' Chip layer aka SonarChart layer. This is due to the emense amount of data that you may have downloaded onto the card and it bogging down the HB processor while it loads. There's ways to shorten this time by downloading what you need and not downloading regions or bodies of water that you dont need. This will free space and allow the processor to work more efficiently.

If indeed the data never loads period. I would recommend to purge the card and then reload it. If still no, please PM me and I'll try and see if I can't speed up your communications with CS.

Here's a video demo of purging and reloading your Navionics + card.

Tight lines

12. Member
    Also, being you've selected the Fish n' Chip, did you download SonarChart when you just updated the card? If not, there may be no SonarCharts (FishNChip) on the cards for the units to display.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JDFishing View Post
    Manchu171 - Im going to update a Navionics + Regions tomorrow and see again what the actual verbiage was to better clarify but I'm guessing that with the Navionics + Regions, everything is already preloaded, both Nautical and SonarChart layers. Meaning all you'll need to ever do would be simply Update your cards SonarCharts from time to time.
    JD,,, did you try to update the regions card? I am only able to update the entire region, not just small areas. Would be nice to be able to do updates on small areas rather than the entire region area.

Best Regards

Manchu171

Quote Originally Posted by Manchu171 View Post
    JD,,, did you try to update the regions card? I am only able to update the entire region, not just small areas. Would be nice to be able to do updates on small areas rather than the entire region area.

Best Regards

Manchu171
    Updates do all the data on the card. If you purge the card and only download the locations you want, that will reduce the update time.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

15. Member
    While competing last week at the FLW Tour on the Potomac River I helped several fellow pros track the tide even though their particular graph didn't have the capability. Tracking the tide is ridiculously important on tidal fisheries and was the make it break it factor to all those that competed. Utilizing Navionics MobileApp not only provided the only form of HD mapping for the east coast powerhouse fishery but also provides tidal information along with water level.

Just a heads up for those that may not have this tool.

16. Member
    Thanks Wayne! How did you do on Lake St.Clair? I was busy working on the cottage so I didn't even get to fish the opener

Quote Originally Posted by Manchu171 View Post
    Thanks Wayne! How did you do on Lake St.Clair? I was busy working on the cottage so I didn't even get to fish the opener
    It was OK, not outstanding. Caught a mix of smallmouth and largemouth and lots of rock bass.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

18. Member
    wayne i have navionics + and one hot maps premium i need to know if i can mark waypoints on pc and transfer them to helix 10 if so what would i need to do it

Quote Originally Posted by BBW View Post
    wayne i have navionics + and one hot maps premium i need to know if i can mark waypoints on pc and transfer them to helix 10 if so what would i need to do it
    PM sent
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

20. Member
    Does anyone have an actual list comparison chart between the cards? Specifically hotmaps platinum and navionics platinum
    2018 Phoenix 920

Page 48 of 56 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast