Page 51 of 56 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1115
  1. Member
    You might be able to get the latitude longitude numbers from your phone and enter them manually in your unit for waypoints

2. Member
    This is probably a dumb question. I have Navionics Us/Canada loaded into my Helix 7. Works fine. Is there any reason to spend $15 to download the Navionics app to my iPhone?

Quote Originally Posted by keeperdean View Post
    This is probably a dumb question. I have Navionics Us/Canada loaded into my Helix 7. Works fine. Is there any reason to spend $15 to download the Navionics app to my iPhone?
    It is handy to have the maps available on a smart device. The app is an annual subscription just like Freshest Data is with your card.
    The App has more adjustments somewhat like Lakemaster has - water level offset, shallow water highlighting, and depth highlighting. It also has everyone's Community Edits (waypoints).
    It's a lot easier to update also.
    I have it on four tablets and three smartphones.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

4. Member
    Good points. Think I will download to phone and iPad. Well worth the $30, especially if you can get Community Edits, since the Helix units are not compatible.
    Thanks Wayne.

Quote Originally Posted by keeperdean View Post
    Good points. Think I will download to phone and iPad. Well worth the $30, especially if you can get Community Edits, since the Helix units are not compatible.
    Thanks Wayne.
    You can see the Community Edits on the Chart Viewer on the Navionics website.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JDFishing View Post
    New video demo’ing Navionics Daily Updates for better mapping with your Humminbird.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=r2JpI8qzNhA
    I'm new to navionics this year with helix units. I have the hotmaps platinum card and a couple questions.

I don't have the blue circles to pick which area I want to update. It looks like I have to update the entire coverage area of the card, am I missing something?

The size of the update is larger than the free space on the card, how could this even work?

I ran the update on 1 card and it doesn't appear to help any of the lakes I fish, but the card does have new files on it. The size of the update file is the same pre and post update.

Thanks for any insight.

Quote Originally Posted by cards21 View Post
    I'm new to navionics this year with helix units. I have the hotmaps platinum card and a couple questions.

I don't have the blue circles to pick which area I want to update. It looks like I have to update the entire coverage area of the card, am I missing something?

The size of the update is larger than the free space on the card, how could this even work?

I ran the update on 1 card and it doesn't appear to help any of the lakes I fish, but the card does have new files on it. The size of the update file is the same pre and post update.

Thanks for any insight.
    You only get the blue circle corner box IF you are downloading (adding) Sonar Charts locations. It has nothing to do with updates.
    When you update, it updates what is on the card and adds any new Nautical Charts.

The Navionics website's Web App has the current maps, you won't get anything not shown there.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    You only get the blue circle corner box IF you are downloading (adding) Sonar Charts locations. It has nothing to do with updates.
    When you update, it updates what is on the card and adds any new Nautical Charts.

The Navionics website's Web App has the current maps, you won't get anything not shown there.
    Thanks Wayne. In the update box, I can check mark nautical charts and/or sonar charts. Blue corner box isn't showing on either selection. I must be missing something simple or the Hotmaps card does not have this feature. I don't have the purge/trash can either but, I read that this card doesn't have that. Never found anything about the corner box though. Not a big deal, doesn't look there's any difference between the app and what's on the card now.

Quote Originally Posted by cards21 View Post
    Thanks Wayne. In the update box, I can check mark nautical charts and/or sonar charts. Blue corner box isn't showing on either selection. I must be missing something simple or the Hotmaps card does not have this feature. I don't have the purge/trash can either but, I read that this card doesn't have that. Never found anything about the corner box though. Not a big deal, doesn't look there's any difference between the app and what's on the card now.
    There is a Download box to the right of the Update box for older Hotmaps Platinum and Navionics+ cards. None of my cards had Sonar Charts when purchased, I had to use the Download box to add new locations for Sonar Charts.

I have not used the current Hotmaps Platinum cards. I would guess Sonar Charts are pre-loaded and just get new locations when doing an update like Nautical Charts does IF you check the box.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

10. Member
    Downloaded Navionics to iPad. Works great. Intent is to take it on boat and use for navigation because of large screen. Took iPad out in bright sunlight. Can hardly see screen even with brightness on highest setting.
    Any ideas?

11. Member
    I had the same idea. I think I'll have to rig up a sunscreen and try that.

Quote Originally Posted by richg99 View Post
    I had the same idea. I think I'll have to rig up a sunscreen and try that.
    I think the iPad Pro is more sunlight readable than the iPad.
    I have the iPad and iPad mini and they are tough to see outdoors.
    Would also need the 4G version to have GPS internally. I don't have the 4G version so I use a Bluetooth GPS antenna with mine (Dual).

My Android tablets and phones are tough to see outdoors also, but they do have internal GPS.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

13. Member
    Yeah, my iPad is wi-fi only, no cellular.
    I was just about to order the Dual Bluetooth external GPS and a mount for the ipad. Not anymore.
    Guess I will stick with the Helix 7 screen for navigation.

14. Member
    You don't need cellular, but you do need GPS.

15. Member
    Don’t have either. Does have Bluetooth, my plan was to pair the iPad with a Dual external puck.
    Oh well, as they say, “The best laid plans of mice and men............”

16. Member
    I have an updated, that I just updated today. Its an HMPT-E6 in a Lowrance HDS 12 Gen-2 that I have updated and a little confused on some things that maybe i can get some insight on.
    First my card is up for renewal in a month.
    Apperantentley I can no longer down load photo overlay as it did not down load with the update, the website shows I have to have a new card sent on renewal to have photo overlay. Is this Accurate?
    I no longer have have the Fisn N Chips option selectable any Ideas on this

2023 Phoenix 920 Elite
    2023 Mercury Pro XS 4S

Quote Originally Posted by Beallright View Post
    I have an updated, that I just updated today. Its an HMPT-E6 in a Lowrance HDS 12 Gen-2 that I have updated and a little confused on some things that maybe i can get some insight on.
    First my card is up for renewal in a month.
    Apperantentley I can no longer down load photo overlay as it did not down load with the update, the website shows I have to have a new card sent on renewal to have photo overlay. Is this Accurate?
    I no longer have have the Fisn N Chips option selectable any Ideas on this
    Satellite Overlay, 3D, and Photos are not updateable, just the two map layers (Nautical Charts and Sonar Charts).
    You need a current issue card to have new stuff with those.
    A new card has Sonar Charts preloaded.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

18. Member
    Rebate available on both the Navionics Platinum+ and Navionics Platinum products. Please check with BBC sponsored dealers first!

19. Member
    New video utilizing the Navionics App to catch more fish on your future outings!

20. Member
    Update your Navionics Apps!
    Last edited by JDFishing; 07-20-2018 at 06:39 PM.

Page 51 of 56 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast