Page 46 of 56 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cestratton View Post
    OK I was thrown off because with the card in the PC it had contour detail but in my unit it looked like my phone app does. So just keep checking back and it will eventually be able to download to the card correct?
    Yes

What are you using to read the map card on your computer?
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

2. Member
    Using Navionics Chart Installer. I downloaded it last night and updated Sonar Chart, Nautical Charts, and Community Edits which took several hours. It came up after updating with contour detail in my "blank area" which happens to be the area I launch and pass through. When I hit the upside-down WiFi looking key on the Chart Installer it looks like what's on my phone app and when the card is in the unit, blank in that area. Here's a couple of pictures from Chart Installer.

Quote Originally Posted by Cestratton View Post
    Using Navionics Chart Installer. I downloaded it last night and updated Sonar Chart, Nautical Charts, and Community Edits which took several hours. It came up after updating with contour detail in my "blank area" which happens to be the area I launch and pass through. When I hit the upside-down WiFi looking key on the Chart Installer it looks like what's on my phone app and when the card is in the unit, blank in that area. Here's a couple of pictures from Chart Installer.

PM sent
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

4. Member
    Thanks Mr. Wayne!

5. Member

PLEASE CHECK WITH BBC SPONSORED DEALERS FIRST!!!

GET $50 BACK from Navionics when you buy a new 4”, 5” or 7” GPS plotter model listed below and a Navionics card! Navionics+ Regions is perfect for any plotter, because it offers marine and lakes content at $149; ultimately only $99 after the $50 rebate! All Regions are preloaded with Nautical Chart and SonarChart™ for cruising safer and fishing smarter as only Navionics lets you do.

Eligible Navionics Products:
    NAVIONICS+ REGIONS $149: North, South, East, West, Canada & Alaska
    NAVIONICS+ $199: US & Canada, Caribbean & S. America

Eligible GPS chartplotter models:
    HUMMINBIRD: Helix 5, 7
    LOWRANCE: Elite Ti 5, 7; Hook 4, 5, 7
    RAYMARINE: Dragonfly 4PRO, 5M, 5PRO, 7PRO
    SIMRAD: GO 5, 7

6. Member

7. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Same to you too Josh ~
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

8. Member

The new Regions cards are in stock at most dealers! Only $149 and comes with SonarChart Preloaded! Buying a HB or Lowrance? Check to see if they qualify for a additional $50 rebate! Check with BBC dealers and sponsors first!!

http://www.navionics.com/sites/defau...form_71822.pdf

9. Member
    i asked this on the humminbird open thread. Maybe someone here can help. I have a 1198c si with a navionics + I just bought a Helix9 MEGA SI G2N for my other boat. I don't want to swap cards. Can I just buy a update and have 2 cards or do I have to buy a new card at full price. In the meantime can I swap cards for testing. My card is about 3 yrs old. thank you for any help.

10. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    I don't recall reading that on the HB section ...

I would inquire with Navionics directly - since I think they specify what cards types of theirs they will allow for activation and should be on the Updates page.

Being the card is 3 years old, I would say YES... but you want to be sure.

You can freely swap the cards between units with no issue though.

Josh can probably get you a quick answer via PM too.

RAS

Quote Originally Posted by boatman2 View Post
    i asked this on the humminbird open thread. Maybe someone here can help. I have a 1198c si with a navionics + I just bought a Helix9 MEGA SI G2N for my other boat. I don't want to swap cards. Can I just buy a update and have 2 cards or do I have to buy a new card at full price. In the meantime can I swap cards for testing. My card is about 3 yrs old. thank you for any help.
    I don't know if you can use a Navionics+ card to activate an UPDATE card. The Navionics+ card is updateable/renewable until it is out of memory space.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

12. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Probably right again WP - I went & looked...

Using a NAV+ to activate a NAV Updates card is NOT listed here:

http://www.navionics.com/en/navionics-updates
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

13. Member
    I called Navionics and they said I can get a update card using my old Navionics+ card.

14. Member
    Yes you can definitely use the Nav+ card to purchase a Updates card. $99 can't beat it. Then you got mapping for both units.

15. Member
    The last two post have me confused you say you can use the Nav+ card to PURCHASE a update card ???? like a trade in or do you mean you can use an already purchased NAV+ card to activate a new purchased update card. Sorry I'm slow at this.

Also I have a Nav+ card that came with a bundled 688ci HD DI KVD I loaded nautical charts and sonar charts. I don't have a menu option to select sonar charts. Only options in Map Select is UNIMAP and AUTO. Auto reads the nautical charts just fine but I see a difference on the Nav Web appp and was just wondering if I could view some way.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by loganmartincat View Post
    The last two post have me confused you say you can use the Nav+ card to PURCHASE a update card ???? like a trade in or do you mean you can use an already purchased NAV+ card to activate a new purchased update card. Sorry I'm slow at this.

Also I have a Nav+ card that came with a bundled 688ci HD DI KVD I loaded nautical charts and sonar charts. I don't have a menu option to select sonar charts. Only options in Map Select is UNIMAP and AUTO. Auto reads the nautical charts just fine but I see a difference on the Nav Web appp and was just wondering if I could view some way.
    Thanks
    The Navionics Update card is a discount version of Navionics+. To use the Update card it has to be activated by a map card you already own.
    There is no trade-in. You end up with two versions of Navionics+.

MSRP of the Navionics+ card is $199. MSRP of the Navionics Update card is $99. That is for the same data.

The Chart menu item to view Sonar Charts is called FishNChip.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

17. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    ^^^YEP^^^

Exactly what Wayne said!

I have a 688DI also - you might have to pop the card out while it's booted if you can't scroll to select fish N chips layer but you should just be able to select it scrolling all the way to the RIGHT.

I have:
    688ci HD DI (Version 7.520)
    Release Date: 02/16/2015
    Last edited by sfw1960; 03-04-2017 at 05:26 PM.
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI

18. Member
    But you cant purchase the UPDATE Card with the Nav+ card you use it to activate the UPDATE card not buy it right.

FishNChip is not a selection in map options only UNIMAP and AUTO

19. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by loganmartincat View Post
    But you cant purchase the UPDATE Card with the Nav+ card you use it to activate the UPDATE card not buy it right.

FishNChip is not a selection in map options only UNIMAP and AUTO
    You use the existing card to ACTIVATE the new one.

I edited my last post, can you try scrolling to the right and look again?

What version software is the 688DI running?
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI

20. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI

Page 46 of 56 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast