Page 54 of 56 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1115
  1. Member
    Thank you for the reply. I am starting to understand that the Navionics+ card is separate from the GPS waypoints on the unit. My Helix only has 1 SD card slot...can I remove the Navionics, import waypoints from a separate SD card to the unit, then put the Navionics card back in and still see the waypoints...? Feel like I may be overthinking this....might be simpler to just get an AC/DC adapter to bring the unit inside to scout areas and set waypoints
    Last edited by grajoy; 06-08-2020 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by grajoy View Post
    Thank you for the reply. I am starting to understand that the Navionics+ card is separate from the GPS waypoints on the unit. My Helix only has 1 SD card slot...can I remove the Navionics, import waypoints from a separate SD card to the unit, then put the Navionics card back in and still see the waypoints...? Feel like I may be overthinking this....might be simpler to just get an AC/DC adapter to bring the unit inside to scout areas and set waypoints
    Yes, you can remove the card and then import waypoints .... The waypoints are not on the Navionics card.
    __________________________________________________ ___

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**
    __________________________________________________ ___

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N

3. Member
    Just installed a Helix 10 linked to an Ultrex I link and Mega 360 . Everthing is communicating and working together except the ability to "follow contour " is not there in the menu . I have a lakemaster plus V1.0 for western states that says "I pilot " on it and it shows the satellite imagery on the shoreline . The latest Lakemaster for Western states I have found is V 2.0 any idea if this latest lakemaster card is what I need to get the follow contour operational ?

I have a Helix 7 G2 with the microSD slot. I have Navionics Gold on a SD card (not microSD). Anyone know if I could copy the contents from the SD to a microSD and have it work? Ideas?
    2023 Lund Adventure 1775 Sport w/ 90hp Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by donmac View Post
    I have a Helix 7 G2 with the microSD slot. I have Navionics Gold on a SD card (not microSD). Anyone know if I could copy the contents from the SD to a microSD and have it work? Ideas?
    Just discovered that there was a microSD inserted into the Navionics SD.... Will leave this hear in case this can be helpful to anyone else...
    2023 Lund Adventure 1775 Sport w/ 90hp Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by donmac View Post
    Just discovered that there was a microSD inserted into the Navionics SD.... Will leave this hear in case this can be helpful to anyone else...
    MicroSD cards have been used my Navionics since 2010 when the Freshest Data program started.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

7. Member
    Has the navionics 651 p+ been updated recently. I have an older one, maybe 2005 or so and would love an updated aerial photo.

Quote Originally Posted by jcdogfish View Post
    Has the navionics 651 p+ been updated recently. I have an older one, maybe 2005 or so and would love an updated aerial photo.
    They have different names now I think.

You can view the actual current maps on the Navionics website's Chart Viewer. Just select Platinum+ Marine and click on the area to highlight it and zoom in.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    They have different names now I think.

You can view the actual current maps on the Navionics website's Chart Viewer. Just select Platinum+ Marine and click on the area to highlight it and zoom in.
    I can't see where it shows the photo overlay......

Quote Originally Posted by jcdogfish View Post
    I can't see where it shows the photo overlay......
    They do not have the actual panoramic and satellite overlays on the site.

The chart below the map lists three products, then there are dots down the list for the features the cards have.

Some of the features do not work with Humminbird units.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    They do not have the actual panoramic and satellite overlays on the site.

The chart below the map lists three products, then there are dots down the list for the features the cards have.

Some of the features do not work with Humminbird units.
    I have the chart, its just an older version. I was trying to see if the satellite overlay has been updated with a more current photo than what I have. Things change by the week down here. Thanks

12. Member
    I have a 899cihd and using lakemaster A046253 card. I am trying to preload some waypoints into my unit while at home. Is there a way to do this?

Quote Originally Posted by Treker47 View Post
    I have a 899cihd and using lakemaster A046253 card. I am trying to preload some waypoints into my unit while at home. Is there a way to do this?
    A map card has nothing to do with waypoints. Waypoints are GPS data, not map data. Waypoints are read by the unit from its memory.

The easiest way is to use HumminbirdPC to create the waypoints and then copy that file to a memory card using the SD card symbol on the left of the panel to load the waypoints to the card in a MATRIX folder that the unit will read.

Another way is in the CHART view, push the MARK button to create a waypoint and then edit it to the co-ordinates you have. Need to do that for each waypoint.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

14. Member
    Thanks Wayne. Got it done.

15. Member
    I have the hot maps platinum East and when I go in chart map source I don’t see the fish and chip option. Isn’t this what I want for the most detailed contour. Also should it be an option to select. I only see right card

16. Member
    This was a used card and they said no updates were left could this be the reason?

Quote Originally Posted by RBwd8506 View Post
    I have the hot maps platinum East and when I go in chart map source I don’t see the fish and chip option. Isn’t this what I want for the most detailed contour. Also should it be an option to select. I only see right card
    It is Sonar Charts now. Always has been that map layer, just the OLD selection for it was FishNChip.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

18. Member
    I’m confused as to where I select sonar charts. I’ve been through multiple settings and I don’t see anything that says sonar charts. I’m assuming this is why the map seems so bland as it isn’t selected but I don’t see anything other than right card

This is a Helix 10 CHIRP MEGA DI+ GPS G3N with current software:

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Navionics Chart symbols

symbol 1.JPGsymbol 2.JPG

Any idea what these Navionic symbols stand for? I'm not having any luck finding info on their symbols.

Page 54 of 56 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 LastLast