Page 50 of 56 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1115
  1. Member
    the web app has the latest most up to date data and is gonna have the same detail as the map card . So if you are happy with that then there is no need to get a map card.

Quote Originally Posted by richg99 View Post
    Probably the dumbest question(s) of the day...but....
    #1. I have Navionics Boating App on my android cell phone. Works fine but the screen is hard to see in the sunlight.

#2. Yesterday, I managed to ground my little tinny boat just outside of the Anahuac, Texas channel N29 43.895 W 094 42.669

#3. I called my Towing service, after trying to haul her off myself for 20 or 30 minutes. It was in the 80's at the time. I've never even had a towing service until last year ( I am 78 now) and haven't ever needed one in 50 or 60 years of boating.

After I looked at my Navionics chart on my phone, I could easily see that I had run out of enough water to float a normal boat about two hundred yards back from whence I came! My little tinny is new to me, but she was floating in 5 to 8 inches of water. When I got to 3 inches of water, even she couldn't handle it.

Anyhow, after all of that, I thought that perhaps adding a Navionics card to my --new-to-me-- Humminbird 587 ci hd would be in order.

My first thought was to put the Lat/Long into the demo program on the site. I wasn't able to find any way to put a destination in using lat/long ? Can one do that on a Navionics program?

Second, the map showing where my boat was aground just showed a big green area, I guess reflecting that that entire 1/4 square mile location is not usable for most boaters. That is exactly the same data that showed on my Android phone Navionics app.

I guess my surprise is that the mapping software shown on the site doesn't seem to be any more detailed than the Navionics app that I already own. Is that so?

99% of my boating these days is in known areas. I can see the Navionics Phone App alright if I hold it in a shadow. My question is, if the data is the same, and the only thing that I would gain was having the same data on my FishFinder screen, is there a justification to spend $200.00 ( I guess that is what the chip would cost me) just to have it on my FF screen?

thanks, richg99
    The Web App is current as of today. If you update your mobile app, it will be the same.
    If you purchase a map card and update it, it will have the same exact maps.

The Web App is not interactive for GPS data. Waypoints are not map data, they are GPS data.
    You can put waypoints in your mobile app as Comminity Edits.

The lowest cost map card is the Navionics+ Region product——-$149 MSRP
    East Region for you.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    Thank you. I have an unused 9 inch Nexus pad. If I set it up to use the Navionics map that I presently have on my Android phone, does it need a data phone or wifi LINK, or does it work with gps satellite data? Thanks.

4. Member
    It appears that I answered my own question regarding whether or not the Navionics app needs a Data or WiFi connection. It does NOT.

I put my Android phone in Airplane Mode. That, of course, cancels all data and wifi connections. Even though I was far into the city-suburbs of Houston, TX., the "boat icon" was clearly moving along with me as I drove my van down a city street. The mileage, speed, and time functions also all worked.

So, all one needs, once the local map is loaded into the App., is a clear sight to the GPS satellites. I can see that it would be important to load the local map before setting out. I normally have Data service even in the bay, but...you never know.

I've ordered an extendible phone holder. I'll attach that to my console and should be able to see the phone's screen better that way.

Just FYI for the next guy.

5. Member
    Texas Parks WD just published a long list of lat long locations for new structure that they placed last week on Lake Conroe.

All the data is in hours/decimal format. 30.xxxx . My Nav. app accepts lat.long in hours, minutes seconds 30 25.xxx

I found a converter program https://www.directionsmag.com/site/latlong-converter/ that works just fine.

However, I was just wondering if the Nav. app can be set to accept the hours/decimal format? I messed around with Settings and Map Options and couldn't find a way to change the fixed setting. Any ideas appreciated.

6. Member
    richg99 - First off thanks for posting that gps converter program. That's great to know.

To answer your question, no you cannot change the LAT/LONG format from one to the other.

This is how it is shown on the Navionics App at this point.

7. Member

8. Member
    Awesome Navionics Rebate. Shop BBC vendors first!!

https://www.navionics.com/usa/blog/p...-rebate-offer/

9. Member
    Been hanging out down in South Florida doing some prefishing decided to take this as an excellent opportunity to join in on the Navionics Post Irma ReMapping Effort. If you fish Florida, UPDATE YOUR MAPS daily!!

https://www.navionics.com/usa/lp/remap-south-florida/

I have a Nav+ card in my Helix 10 at the console. If I am using the Navionics Web app on my PC to look for likely fishing spots on a particular body of water, is there a way to mark waypoints on the web app (pc) and then transfer them to my Nav + in my Helix?

Rick Elrod

Quote Originally Posted by hotrodelrod View Post
    I have a Nav+ card in my Helix 10 at the console. If I am using the Navionics Web app on my PC to look for likely fishing spots on a particular body of water, is there a way to mark waypoints on the web app (pc) and then transfer them to my Nav + in my Helix?
    No, the Web App is not interactive.

Another thing is waypoints are GPS data not map data. Your map card does not have waypoints that the unit reads. Waypoints are read from the unit's memory, not any memory card any time. You will have waypoints with or without any map background.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

12. Member
    Thanks for the interesting discussion about waypoints and map data.

How would one sit at home mark a few spots using the phone app, and then go to those spots on his boat? I am going to presume that you just take the phone along and track from it? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by richg99 View Post
    Thanks for the interesting discussion about waypoints and map data.

How would one sit at home mark a few spots using the phone app, and then go to those spots on his boat? I am going to presume that you just take the phone along and track from it? thanks
    Figure out a way to export phone waypoints and load them to a unit. Don't know a way to do that.
    Yes you can use your phone's GPS.

I sit at home with my units on my desk and create waypoints directly on the Chart View. I located a fish attractor in a lake in Texas yesterday based on the co-ordinates provided by the Texas Parks and Wildlife that was being discussed on the TFF forum.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Thanks Wayne. On another subject, can you recommend anyone who teaches the use of HB in our area? Maybe Anna?

Thanks

Rick Elrod

Quote Originally Posted by hotrodelrod View Post
    Thanks Wayne. On another subject, can you recommend anyone who teaches the use of HB in our area? Maybe Anna?

Thanks
    Don't know anyone, maybe an Anna guide.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

16. Member
    I have been a Lakemaster user for many years and am interested in what Navionics has to offer. In my home state of Washington, there are only a couple HD lakes that are available. Of which 2 I fish. Most of my lakes I fish are listed on the LM Lake list but there is only a general “bowl” type depth lines that are so far off it’s useless.
    I’m interested to see what Navionics chip would cover Washington state and maybe even southern British Columbia Canada with as much detail as can be had. I would love to have Satellite Overlay on all lakes, not just HD scanned lakes. I don’t know if that is an option with Navionics or not.
    Just from playing around on the Navionics website “chart viewer” almost all the lakes I fish are shown when I zoom in on each lake. The definition from the chart viewer is 10x what my current LM chip shows.

So basically,
    1) What Navionics product will show Washington State and Southern BC Canada lakes in high detail?
    2) Is Satellite overlay available for all lakes or only certain ones like Lakemaster?

Im using Humminbird 1199’s Incase that matters

17. Member
    Updated my Navionics + card. Successfully updated Nautical and Sonar Charts but could not update Community Edits.
    Notification said “Helix 7 Chirp GPS G2 not compatible with Community Edits”.
    Thats the unit I have.
    Anyone else run into this?
    Are Community Edits important or am I good with Nautical and Sonar Charts?

Quote Originally Posted by keeperdean View Post
    Updated my Navionics + card. Successfully updated Nautical and Sonar Charts but could not update Community Edits.
    Notification said “Helix 7 Chirp GPS G2 not compatible with Community Edits”.
    Thats the unit I have.
    Anyone else run into this?
    Are Community Edits important or am I good with Nautical and Sonar Charts?
    You cannot view or make Community Edits with that unit or any other Helix model.
    Community Edits are shared waypoints.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

19. Member
    Thank you sir.

20. Member
    New video demo’ing Navionics Daily Updates for better mapping with your Humminbird.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=r2JpI8qzNhA

Page 50 of 56 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast