Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    mquid, thanks for the lat/long. on my iphone, as a quick glance, i see both the main and secondary channel which means that we do have the cartography detail you are refering to on the chart. The question becomes now, why it isnt showing for you.

make sure that on your humminbird that the spot soundings are turned on. on some of the newer software, Humminbird made it a bit more complicated for all features to "automatically" turn on. make sure all are turned on for you. the next question is, and i hate to say this, if you have the absolute latest software, you may need to revert back to the old one. i'm checking with engineering on it right now. the detail is there, so its defintiely on Humminbird side.

2. Member
    mquid, i just confirmed. the software release 5.7 somehow missed adding the batch of creeks and roadbeds and wingdams so that is why yours disappeared. checking on if they corrected yet otherwise need to revert to older software

3. Member
    Pmnav12, thank you for the info. I will try reverting to older software. Please keep me informed of any changes. Thanks again.... See below for what Humminbird suggested me to do:

Dear Mr. Guibroz,

Thank you for contacting Humminbird. We appreciate your interest in our products.

What you may need to do is Restore the Defaults on the Unit and power off, when you power back on go to your Chart menu Tab and make sure that your Chart Detail Level is set to Custom and that your Spot Soundings are Visible. You will then go under your custom settings and if there is an option for your creek channels then you will need to make sure that it is on or either visible. If there isn’t a setting for this option then it may not be available on that card. At that point you may want to contact Navionics to actually see if Creek Channels would be covered.

Good Boating and Fishing!
    Denise - CRC

Paul...
    How can I tell if my platinum chip is updateable, and what is the cost to update it?

Honora Primum Vel Nullum Omnin Honorem

5. Member
    Hi Bryan,

Easy, go to www.navionics.com. download the web store installer. at the end, go into "downloads and updates", insert your chip into a card reader and into the computer. the system will tell you if you have a chart from the last two years which has a special tag on it so we can update it. it will say either not eligible or fresh data has expired. if its just expired it is $99 and it will update our chip with the latest and give you a full year of updates for free. if it gives you the other answer then it is not and please let me know

My platinum is updateable but expired, my premium unfortunately is not updateable at all...

Honora Primum Vel Nullum Omnin Honorem

Question..
    I've got the latest downloads and updates of the Nav PC App on my home computer. I've added about 30 waypoints to a lake and saved it to my external SD card (DATA.HWR file). I put the card in my Humminbird and it recognizes the card and prompts me to upload the new data. Then it says it has loaded 1 waypoint. None of the new waypoints i created from the house are on my unit? Any suggestions?
    2016 Falcon F215 - 2016 Mercury Pro XS OptiMax

And i have another question. I've got about 700+ waypoints on my Nav PC App that i uploaded from my 1198c unit. Ive got the app on my iphone and cant seem to get it all to sink?
    2016 Falcon F215 - 2016 Mercury Pro XS OptiMax

Quote Originally Posted by roystenstrom View Post
    Question..
    I've got the latest downloads and updates of the Nav PC App on my home computer. I've added about 30 waypoints to a lake and saved it to my external SD card (DATA.HWR file). I put the card in my Humminbird and it recognizes the card and prompts me to upload the new data. Then it says it has loaded 1 waypoint. None of the new waypoints i created from the house are on my unit? Any suggestions?
    The waypoints have to be in the Matrix folder that either the unit creates or HumminbirdPC creates.

You will have to install your data in HumminbirdPC and then load it to your memory card if you want to do a mass upload.
    Otherwise you will have to manually enter each one in the unit's waypoint library.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

10. Member
    Bryan,

The updateable one you can certainly renew online for the $99.

11. Member
    Wayne/roy
    you should be able to upload all of those from the PC App. I have 850 roughly and was able to. i may need to direct you to our tech team.

second question: Iphone and PC App wont sync. Onlyitems that sink with iphone is the Raymarine series. At this time the PC App and Humminbird with Navionics app do not. probably driving yourself nuts!! :)

Quote Originally Posted by pmnav12 View Post
    Wayne/roy
    you should be able to upload all of those from the PC App. I have 850 roughly and was able to. i may need to direct you to our tech team.

second question: Iphone and PC App wont sync. Onlyitems that sink with iphone is the Raymarine series. At this time the PC App and Humminbird with Navionics app do not. probably driving yourself nuts!! :)
    While you CAN do it directly, you shouldn't. Read this:

Technical Bulletin

Units Effected: All GPS Combo Units with Card Slots

We have seen issues where consumers obtain Navigation Data (Waypoints, Tracks and/or Routes) from various sources such as Lowrance or Garmin waypoints, GPS Babel, Google Earth, unknown origin from friends etc, and then load this data onto a SD card and download this data directly into their Humminbird unit.

Each GPS company has a unique format that is required for their data in order for it to work properly in their units. This is true with Humminbird as well. Humminbird uses .gpx file extensions. Loading unknown sources of navigation data into your Humminbird unit, without first properly converting it through HumminirdPC to configure it into the correct format (.gpx), can lead to corrupt data which can cause the unit to lock up or malfunction. These types of malfunctions can make it impossible to retrieve waypoints from the unit; therefore, when this happens all existing navigation data on the unit could be lost.

With this in mind the following guidelines should be followed:

1. Always maintain a backup copy of your navigational data such as waypoints, routes and tracks. This is very simple to do. You just need to insert a blank SD card into the unit, go under the Navigation tab and select Waypoints, Routes and Tracks and export a copy of your waypoints to the blank card. Navigational data can also be backed up by connecting your Humminbird unit to Humminbird PC. If you have any questions as to how to do this or any other questions about this bulletin you can also check out the FAQ section of our website or contact our Consumer Service department

2. Never load any navigational data into your Humminbird product unless you have converted the data by running it through the Humminbird PC program. The Humminbird PC program is available free of charge whenever you register your Humminbird fishfinder. If you follow this step you should never encounter any problems as living by guideline #1 is always a good practice whether with your Humminbird unit or with your personal computer.

The latest versions of software provide you with a prompt, when you insert a SD card into the unit, asking if you want to download the navigation data from the SD card onto this unit. You can use this prompt as a reminder that you should only download data onto your Humminbird unit after you have run the data through the Humminbird PC program to ensure that it has been formatted properly.

3. Make sure you have a stable power source when downloading navigational data into your Humminbird unit. If power is lost during the download process it can also result in corrupted data or unit failure. The only remedy for this is to return to our facility for service. This is not covered by warranty.

4. If you have already installed waypoints from an outside source and it has caused your unit to lock up there is a process you can follow to get your unit operating properly again. Unfortunately, if you haven’t backed up your waypoints outside of the unit you may not be able to recover your waypoints. Please contact our consumer services group or check out the FAQ’s on our website

Thank You,
    Deborah @ Humminbird
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

13. Member
    Downloaded marine and lakes to my IPad 3 and when I add coordinates they come up 1/10 of a mile off from known map coordinates of 2 different map sources, hot maps and Atlantic mapping.

14. Member
    are those coordinates from yourr paper maps nad27?

15. Member
    PC App has a conversion tool. It'll work just fine. I use it all the time, just pick the correct plotter type.

2old2care; 1/10 of a mile? the only thing it could be is old loran numbers that were converted to lat/long or the fact that you can only zoom in so far on the ipad chart vs plotter. I havent heard of this at all. Used mine this weekend and all worked fine. the waypoints you are adding you are directly adding into the lat long seacrch feature and saving correct?

16. Member
    paul, when are yall going to survey wheeler's spring creek, bulah bay and limestone creek areas. these areas had contours on 2004 chip but nothing onrecent years

Quote Originally Posted by Stymie View Post
    paul, when are yall going to survey wheeler's spring creek, bulah bay and limestone creek areas. these areas had contours on 2004 chip but nothing onrecent years
    For a Humminbird user, this is going to be -by far- the quickest way to get contours for these areas:

SonarCharts | Navionics

Et al,

I updated my 2010 card the other night using the refresh process through Navionics World.. it took three times before the chip actually would work but now the maps do not reflect / display the number relating to the contour line.. Any ideas?

Dave

19. Humminbird helper
    Dave,
    Try going to the “Chart Detail Level” menu under the “Chart” menu tab. Set it to “Custom” and then go into the “Custom Chart Layers” menu that just showed up and set all of the submenu items to “On”.
    Greg Walters at Humminbird
    gwalters@johnsonoutdoors.com
    I help because I can

20. Member
    Dave: yes, have to turn on spot soundings. Humminbird changed some software. it'll fix the issue.

Stymie: yes SonarCharts defintiely the best and fastest way to get new data on any lake. stand by for details. just finishing some final touches. meanwhile, if it was on 2004, can you give me some lat/longs and I'll long into it. if it was a 2008 chip, I know your answer but 2004... need to look into for you.

Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast