Page 12 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by slonezp View Post
    I just got hotmaps premium. Updated on the website and put it in the 998 and 858 in simulation mode. It says no chart on both units. Does Navionics not work in simulation mode like Lakemaster? Is there something wrong with my new card?

Mapping works the same in Normal and Simulator.

What steps did you do for the update and how long did it take with what internet connection?
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

2. Banned
    I registered on the site, downloaded the updater and installed the card into my laptop. Once it said 100% updated Please remove chip, I did. I did it a second time with the same results, and I did not check its operation before I did the update. The card came with a small plastic device with a male usb port on it. Does that have anything to do with the updates?

3. Banned
    I'm seeing now on the downloads page "Be sure to unlock your SD?" Could this be something I missed? It's not giving me any options to unlock it
    Last edited by slonezp; 07-31-2013 at 06:23 PM.

4. Banned
    I registered on the site, downloaded the updater and installed the card into my laptop. Once it said 100% updated Please remove chip, I did. I did it a second time with the same results, and I did not check its operation before I did the update. The card came with a small plastic device with a male usb port on it. Does that have anything to do with the updates?
    That is the adapter to plug the SD card into for use in a USB slot. Most new computers have an SD slot built in which should work fine I assume.

The lock is on the side of the SD card. It is a little plastic tab and should be slid towards the top of the card to unlock it. I would then slide it the other way so you can't accidentally write to the Navionics card.

You manually unlock the SD card adaptor. It is the little slide on the top left edge of the adaptor. Down is locked and up is unlocked.

If the card is locked, you don't loose what is on the card, basically nothing happens when you try to write data to it.
    When locked it is read-only.

It should be locked when you are not updating it.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

6. Banned
    I'm trying this again. Wayne, just responded to your PM bare with me

7. Banned
    No difference. It says loading charts and then no chart. Same on both units

No difference. It says loading charts and then no chart. Same on both units
    Are you updating two cards?
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

9. Banned
    One card tried in both units

10. Banned
    Give them a call. They have been helpful when I have called.

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fishfood View Post
    Give them a call. They have been helpful when I have called.
    I got it figured out with Waynes help. Thanks again WayneP

12. Member
    What is the best Chip to put in a 597ci HD DI Combo? Is the map included with the unit decent?

13. Member
    I got it figured out with Waynes help. Thanks again WayneP
    Will you post what your fix was so we all can learn?

14. Member
    GrimmRipR,

I'd recommend taking a hard look at the new Navionics + card. Instead of purchasing a region (north, south, east, west, etc.) you download your own custom region, state or lake. If you want a lake in Florida, download it. If you want the great state of Minnesota, download that as well. The Nav + card allows you to customize your own card to your own needs.

Heres a link for you to review: Navionics Plus | Navionics

Nav + also comes with the new Sonar Charts feature. Unique to Navionics, this free feature offers anglers the option to create their own HD lake maps of bodies of water not yet charted or better yet, make charted water even better.

Heres a link on Sonar Charts: http://www.navionics.com/en/soSonarCharts

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any further questions!

15. Member
    Just procured navionics hot maps (west). No instructions in the package. I checked their website and was able to complete an update. After the update, plugged the card into my 998c hdsi unit and powered up in simulator mode (this is off boat using power supply). I get no charts and a message upper right of screen "Loading Charts". Is it possible to see the charts in simulator mode without a gps hooked up (off boat)? There were also two devices in the package; a SD card and what looks like a usb storage device?
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by ezfishn View Post
    Just procured navionics hot maps (west). No instructions in the package. I checked their website and was able to complete an update. After the update, plugged the card into my 998c hdsi unit and powered up in simulator mode (this is off boat using power supply). I get no charts and a message upper right of screen "Loading Charts". Is it possible to see the charts in simulator mode without a gps hooked up (off boat)? There were also two devices in the package; a SD card and what looks like a usb storage device?
    How long did you wait for the maps to load? It is not instant.

Yes, you can view the maps in Simulator. You have to adjust the maps to your part of the country with the map curser. Simulator is in the East.

The "usb storage devise" is the card reader in case your computer does not have one.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

17. Member
    Thanks for your response. It took a while for the maps to load for update and had to wait for the slider to show 100% and then complete. I have the simulator start point changed to here on the 998. When I turned the 998 on I only see a grid pattern with the message "Loading Charts". If I remove the card from the 998, it returns to the contour xd maps as before. The extra usb device will not hold a card...too small. It is a storage device that looks like it has software on it.
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

18. Member
    How do I get the navonics plus card. I have tried to get my prem card to update it, but all I get is $74.50 to update the card. Do I need to get an update card for $99.00 if so where do I get it?

19. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by carl401 View Post
    How do I get the navonics plus card. I have tried to get my prem card to update it, but all I get is $74.50 to update the card. Do I need to get an update card for $99.00 if so where do I get it?
    You can find one of the sponsors here that can sell you an update card I am sure.

20. Member
    I have a HB 1198 and I only saltwater fish in AL. and FL also in the Keys. What Map can I use gold 1Xg or Navionics Plus what one would be better and why. Thanks for the help.

Page 12 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast