Page 84 of 90 FirstFirst ... 34748283848586 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,680 of 1786
  1. Member
    Currently have a Navionics+Updates card and I am familiar with its use.

Thinking about a second Updates card and have a card to use for that registration.

What is the difference(besides price) between theNavionic+ Updates cards and a Navionics+ large cards?

Do they function the same as far downloading nav and sonar maps?

I don't need the 3d, satellite or panoramic views the other area cards offer.

I admit I did not read all 83 pages, but did a search which did not help.

Thanks

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeF View Post
    Currently have a Navionics+Updates card and I am familiar with its use.

Thinking about a second Updates card and have a card to use for that registration.

What is the difference(besides price) between theNavionic+ Updates cards and a Navionics+ large cards?

Do they function the same as far downloading nav and sonar maps?

I don't need the 3d, satellite or panoramic views the other area cards offer.

I admit I did not read all 83 pages, but did a search which did not help.

Thanks

The Updates card is the exact same card as the Nav+ US and Canada. It has all the same mapping features once activated.

Navionics+ Regional is map coverage for the same regions that the Hotmaps Platinum has and what the discontinued Hotmaps Premium had.
    Navionics+ Large has all the maps for the US and Canada

Yes they function the same.

Originally there was just the 2GB Navionics+ card with no maps. Using that you choose what to download to the card up to the 2GB capacity.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

4. Member
    Thanks guys

I will probably just go with another Nav+ Updates card.

Originally there was just the 2GB Navionics+ card with no maps. Using that you choose what to download to the card up to the 2GB capacity.
    WayneP

Don't have the package in front of me, but seem to remember the Nav+ updates card was a 16GB?

Are the current Nav+ Updates cards 16GB?

My current card is approx. 1.5yrs old

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MikeF View Post
    Thanks guys

I will probably just go with another Nav+ Updates card.

WayneP

Don't have the package in front of me, but seem to remember the Nav+ updates card was a 16GB?

Are the current Nav+ Updates cards 16GB?

My current card is approx. 1.5yrs old

Thanks
    I don't have a current designated Large card, but do have an older US and Canada card, that is 16 GB
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

One other thing to check. I recently was looking at Navionics online info concerning the using an old chip to activate a new updates chip and it appeared that they now require you to send in the old chip....as opposed to being able to keep it as before. Is that correct or did I misread something?

7. Member
    I believe the sending in the chip was a current $75 rebate offer stipulation.

Might be - don't remember cause I wasn't buying any more chips. Just threw that out in case it might be an issue for you. Hope you get what you need and want AND enjoy it.

You can renew online with the discount and if your card have the capacity (+8Gig) you will get everything download on your existing card.
    If not they will send you another card and you also buy a brand new card and fill-up the coupon, return the enveloppe with your old card, proof of purchase and the upc code on the new card
    https://www.navionics.com/usa/lp/rebate

10. Member
    Hello Navionics thread.
    Looking to transfer my tracks from my iPhone Navionics mobile app Boating Version 13.4 to my HDS Carbon tracks.Is this documented anywhere?
    Went to Menu/Connect a device/Activate wifi/open wifi section, but no go.
    Heard about plotter syncs that the same process?
    thanks
    john

11. Member
    Is what I see on the web app the same as I'd see if I bought a chip? Or does it differ in anyway?
    Thank you

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NeWcS View Post
    Is what I see on the web app the same as I'd see if I bought a chip? Or does it differ in anyway?
    Thank you
    Mske sure on the web app that in the lower left corner you click the Navionics logo and change it to SonarCharts. To answer your question that is the same info you would see on your chip.

Quote Originally Posted by NeWcS View Post
    Thank you
    When you purchase a map card, it has the data for the day it was created. The website's maps are updated daily with about 2,000 additions for Nautical Charts, then there is the Sonar Charts that are processed unit user sonar logs in addition to that.

The first thing to do with a new purchase is register it and do an update. THEN your card will have the same data as the website for that day.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

14. Member
    I have Hotmaps platinum card that’s a few years old but it’s an 8gb card. Updates expired last summer and when I went to renew it, it stated that this would be the last year it was eligible to renew. Does the card “expire” update wise? I thought if you have capacity it should be renewable ongoing yearly without limit?
    2005 Ranger 520DVX w/ 225 Yamaha SHO

The next time they will renew but also sent you another card with a larger capacity like 16 gig

16. Member
    I have a hds gen2 and gen3. I have my updated navionics card in the gen3 at the console. Why does it not show the same map at the bow as it does at the console? They are linked per ethernet cable.
    Can I download my map on an additional card and insert it to the bow unit?

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmasher View Post
    I have a hds gen2 and gen3. I have my updated navionics card in the gen3 at the console. Why does it not show the same map at the bow as it does at the console? They are linked per ethernet cable.
    Can I download my map on an additional card and insert it to the bow unit?
    No, you will not be able to transfer any data from the card to another card as it is all protected with encryption.

As far as what you are seeing. You should see the same maps, but you need to make sure that both units have Navionics selected as the map source, and you will need to see if both units also have the different settings the same which might add to the reason for not seeing the same image.

18. Member
    Is there anyway to highlight multiple “fishing ranges” in different colors like the Navionics app does on a LOWRANCE HDS12 gen3?

the app looks awesome but I can only get one range to highlight on the HDS12 menu.

Unfortunately the answer is: no

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSolo View Post
    No, you will not be able to transfer any data from the card to another card as it is all protected with encryption.

As far as what you are seeing. You should see the same maps, but you need to make sure that both units have Navionics selected as the map source, and you will need to see if both units also have the different settings the same which might add to the reason for not seeing the same image.
    thanks!

Page 84 of 90 FirstFirst ... 34748283848586 ... LastLast