Page 88 of 90 FirstFirst ... 38788687888990 LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,760 of 1786
  1. Member
    South Louisiana.....some places would be Toledo Bend Reservoir, Pearl River, Tickfaw River, Amite River, Lake Cataouatche. I even just hooked up to WiFi and did the latest update for the system. I was able to find a friend with the LA One card and was able to view satellite imagery on his card. I am thinking that if I can read the imagery on his card, which is a different card altogether, I should be able to read satellite imagery on any card.

2. Member
    have the navionics Platinum and generally pleased with the chart, and sonar.
    i update about 1x per month.
    use the photo overlay satellite imaging mostly, just curious as to if anyone knows when this is updated by Navionics?
    thanks
    john

Quote Originally Posted by dshirley24 View Post
    South Louisiana.....some places would be Toledo Bend Reservoir, Pearl River, Tickfaw River, Amite River, Lake Cataouatche. I even just hooked up to WiFi and did the latest update for the system. I was able to find a friend with the LA One card and was able to view satellite imagery on his card. I am thinking that if I can read the imagery on his card, which is a different card altogether, I should be able to read satellite imagery on any card.
    I will check that next Tuesday

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wallyandre View Post
    I will check that next Tuesday
    Disregard checking on that for me, but I have found out what the problem is. I was sold the Navionics Platinum Plus Hot Map card, which does not have satellite imagery on it. Thanks for all your help in this matter.

5. Member
    I have an Elite9 TI2 and I just purchased the Navionics + regions card. I cannot get the zoom to get closer than 50ft and sometimes only 100ft. Is there a setting I need to adjust?

No setting. 50ft is the norm

7. Member
    No, the norm for full zoom is 20 ft to an inch and range rings of 25 ft.

Your almost right
    Full zoom is 20ft and range rings is also 20ft.

9. Member
    Did you find that somewhere or did you confirm it on your fishfinder?

On my HDS

11. Member
    OK, thanks for looking!

12. Member
    FYI, I spent 2.5 hours on hold and then speaking with Lowrance technical assistance. They were not successful in fixing my zoom-in issue and are asking me to send it in for repairs.

13. Member
    I finally figured out it is the Navionics card that is preventing me from zooming in to 20 ft per inch.
    I also have a C-Map card and it zooms all the way to 20 ft per inch without a problem.

I'm really disappointed in Navionics.

14. Member

Using navionics with Lowrance HDs 12&7 live units

I have new hds12&7 live units and a navionics chart card thatI was using with my old units that died. First, if I put the card in the 12, which is Ethernet connected to the 7, will the 7 also use these charts? Second, can you download the charts to the unit so that you don’t have to leave the card in?

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaTim View Post
    I have new hds12&7 live units and a navionics chart card thatI was using with my old units that died. First, if I put the card in the 12, which is Ethernet connected to the 7, will the 7 also use these charts?Yes
    Second, can you download the charts to the unit so that you don’t have to leave the card in?
    No

16. Member
    What features do I lose if I don’t renew “Freshest data”? Does the card basically become no better than the Lowrance basemap? Or does it retain a reasonable chart with depth contour lines? I can’t seem to find out exactly on the Navionics website. Hotmaps Platinum west card. Thanks
    Last edited by rfdong; 07-21-2020 at 09:22 PM.
    2005 Ranger 520DVX w/ 225 Yamaha SHO

In a short answer you are able to still use youre card. Same nautical chart and sonarchart.
    You loose: daly updates, autorouting dock to dock, fishing range, sonarchart density and sonarchart Live

18. Member
    One more question Andre. When I go to update my Hot Maps Platinum card it (chart installer) by default only checks the “nautical charts” not sonar charts/community edits or either overlay (satellite or relief shading). Do I need to update all each time or does the chart installer by default only check what “needs” updating?

also, what is the difference between satellite overlay with sonar chart shading and relief shading? Since you can only download one or the other?

Thanks in advance.

rob
    2005 Ranger 520DVX w/ 225 Yamaha SHO

With nautical chart you always should always download the sonarchart layer because a lot of time those are from logs from the community users.

There is no update on the satellite view

For the sonarchart shading take a look at this video:

20. Member

Updates for Lowrance Gen2 Touch HDS-9

We purchased a MY late last year. We have both a Garmin and a Lowrance Gen2 Touch HDS-9, which is great for redundancy and multiple viewing options.
    The latest version of the Lowrance Gen2 that was installed is dated 06/12/2014. We are wondering if there is possibly a later version available.

Page 88 of 90 FirstFirst ... 38788687888990 LastLast