Page 76 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,520 of 1786
    If you buy the full US/Canada version then you can update throughout that area for a period of one year (subscription period). At the end of the period, you can renew and continue to update or you simply keep what you have updated up to that point.

When updating, you drag a box to encompass the area that you want to download/update. Make the box as big or small as you like. Bigger is longer download times and will also fill the 16gig card faster.

What is on the webapp is what is available. If you see rivers on the webapp with detail you want, it is probably sonar charts, which is information added by users and added to the download database. If there is a list of lakes on the website, that is probably what Navionics has previously mapped themselves (my guess on that topic).

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post

When updating, you drag a box to encompass the area that you want to download/update. Make the box as big or small as you like. Bigger is longer download times and will also fill the 16gig card faster.
    So how much can you get on the 16GB card? If you think about the regional cards, how much would one region take up? I doubt that I would ever pull my boat to California or Texas but I could see covering the East and down to Florida plus Ontario.
    2006 Triton TR196 w/ 200 Optimax \ 2021 AlumaRyder 1860 w/ 200 Rotax

Quote Originally Posted by zelmo View Post
    So how much can you get on the 16GB card? If you think about the regional cards, how much would one region take up? I doubt that I would ever pull my boat to California or Texas but I could see covering the East and down to Florida plus Ontario.
    US and Canada. With a 16GB you have plenty of space but it's always good to download what you need and within the 1st year you can add and delete what you want.

4. Member
    Mind you that you need a Navionics + card to have access to any or all of the US and Canada. The other options of either the Navionics Platinum or the Navionics Regions card are preloaded and regional cards. You can still of course update your card as many times as you'd like within your year subscription.

As said above, the Navionics + card is completely customizable with adding more or deleting off what you no longer need. Check out this video I did demonstrating the exact process...

5. Member
    Hey all! Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.

Was just reading an article about how Navionics has updated their maps with thousands of fish attractors. Another reason to Update your card, remember it's free for the first year!

https://www.navionics.com/usa/blog/p...sh-attractors/

6. Member

7. Member
    How do you handle your self mapping data? That is your sonarchart live overlay mapping data with one of these update cards? No one seems to be offering much on how to or what to do with this data when your old card expires?
    " If you are going to be stupid, you have got to be tough!"

Quote Originally Posted by basscfo View Post
    How do you handle your self mapping data? That is your sonarchart live overlay mapping data with one of these update cards? No one seems to be offering much on how to or what to do with this data when your old card expires?
    Not much to do except to re-activate you're subscription

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wallyandre View Post
    Not much to do except to re-activate you're subscription
    Are you saying that after the subscription period you do not have access to the mapping you have done yourself?
    2006 Triton TR196 w/ 200 Optimax \ 2021 AlumaRyder 1860 w/ 200 Rotax

10. Member

Sonarchart Live overlay Data Back up

yes.
    Wally,
    I have a hotmaps platnum south card. I was unsuccessful in updating that card. Navionics website would always direct me to a place where I needed to order a replacement updateable card? Navionics tech support told me I would have to "manually move" the sonarcharts live overlay file- that is the lsdCache file found in the Userdata folder from my old card to a new card, or buy a new hotmaps platnum card and move the sonarchatlive overrlay data to the new card to the correct folder.

I had 2 active hotmaps platnum south cards, one expired in December. The other expires in June of 2018. The older chip has most of my self mapping data on it. The second chip had a small amount of redundant data on it. So rather than update my older card, because I do not intend to have 2 active cards going forward, I decided to try and replace the lsdCache file on the newer chip with the lsdcache file from my expiring chip. I copied the files from both chips to my pc. I then deleted the lsdCache file from the new chip. I successfully copied the old chip's lsdCachefile to my newer navionics card into the Usedata file. I am now using that card with the sonarchart live overlay data on it from my old expired card.

Not sure why Navionics is not telling us that you can do this data manipulation nor putting out instructions on how to do this but It is important because it means that
    1) you can back up your sonarchart live overlay data(self mapping data) to a pc or to any kind of storage device as you collect it over time- you are not married to just the navionincs chip which you are collecting it with to store the only copy of that data.
    2) you could actually take your data and place it on multiple cards if you want to share it with a partner without sharing with the "whole Navionics world."

Quote Originally Posted by zelmo View Post
    Are you saying that after the subscription period you do not have access to the mapping you have done yourself?
    You still can see what you have done

@basscfo, I think the reason why Navionics is or was reluctant about talking on moving those .lsd files was to protect the user in case they do something wrong and loose or corrupt their map.

13. Member
    Wally, I hear you, but I would think that demonsrating a way to back up your data would be a lot more valuble to them and certainly to us users than this conservative approach and much better, less risk to us than Not telling us that you can and nor how to do it. When I first started using sonarchat live overlay, the lack of a method to back up the data was a very big concern and it clearly now seems that concern was not needed.

Quote Originally Posted by JDFishing View Post
    Thanks Josh, I didn't know about this; it's save on my favorites.

15. Member
    Cant take credit. Had no idea myself. Shaun came through...

16. Member
    1) good deal, lot better than us fumbling around and guessing how to do it.
    2) Now we need a similar link for how to back up your sonarchart live data or have that added to this same link

Quote Originally Posted by basscfo View Post
    1) good deal, lot better than us fumbling around and guessing how to do it.
    2) Now we need a similar link for how to back up your sonarchart live data or have that added to this same link
    When you open the lsdCache you will see the datas with a date. If you want you can save those by lakes or by date on a file on your pc or wathever and if you loose your card or you want to share with somebody. It's the same as any other files.
    Hope thats the answer you were looking for.

18. Mike Lamb
    Hello everyone. I have old lake map (6yrs old). I was thinking about getting new one. My question is. I do like the 1' depth change but really like lake insite settings also. You know road beds, bridge, ponds, and channels. Is there a like map that has that added?
    Michael Lamb
    2017 / Ranger 518c 200 Mercury Pro XS
    Raleigh, NC

Quote Originally Posted by mike28nc View Post
    Hello everyone. I have old lake map (6yrs old). I was thinking about getting new one. My question is. I do like the 1' depth change but really like lake insite settings also. You know road beds, bridge, ponds, and channels. Is there a like map that has that added?
    You don't have to guess what kind of coverage/detail Navionics has. The current maps can be viewed on the Navionics website's Web App.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Page 76 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast