Page 19 of 90 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast
    You can just pull it out but I prefer to signout

Thanks Andre. I'll give it a bit longer and see how far it gets. I guess what has loaded on there will stay there and not have to be loaded again. I appreciate your help!
    Steve in Texas
    1999 ChampioN 203 DC
    2011 Mercury Optimax 250 Pro XS
    Ultrex 36v 112# - 2 10" Helix - 1 10" Garmin for Livescope Plus

For the Navionics Guru's, I am headed to Toledo Bend March 7-9 and Lake Guntersville March 18-23. What is the best Navionics card for these Lakes and do they offer Satellite Imagery? Please help?

2014 Bullet 21XRD
    2014 Mercury 250 Pro XS

If you look at the HD list and you're lakes are not on the list, then they are not in 3D but even if they are in HD it doesn't mean that they are in 3D. Maybe another guru can help you more then me but starting with the HD is a good starting point

5. Member
    It you're sold on satellite imagery, the South Platinum card should gave you covered for Toledo and G' ville.

I bought the Premium South Card.

2014 Bullet 21XRD
    2014 Mercury 250 Pro XS

7. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    I think its the Platinum card that will give you the satellite image outlining the lake....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    I think its the Platinum card that will give you the satellite image outlining the lake....
    i saw that. I don't think it's very good for the money they wanted. Not
    like my Platinim+ card for sure.

2014 Bullet 21XRD
    2014 Mercury 250 Pro XS

9. Member

Map sharing options

Quote Originally Posted by wallyandre View Post
    If you look at the HD list and you're lakes are not on the list, then they are not in 3D but even if they are in HD it doesn't mean that they are in 3D. Maybe another guru can help you more then me but starting with the HD is a good starting point
    I have a T12 and 2 Hds 10's that share mapping. I have my maps in the T12. I have a 2010 premium South that is over a year old and has not been registered so I can't up grade. I also have about a 2006 premimun East map in the unit. I do not fish much more than kentucky lake in the east so here is what i would like to do if it will work. Leave my 2010 South map in. Buy the Navionics plus map and download the Kentucky lake area. I would also like to download some of my favoite lakes that are on the south card. If i do this and have both maps in the unit will the unit read the latest map that i downloaded on the plus map or will i have to change everytime.

10. Member
    You can actually upgrade the Premium card into the new Navionics Updates card. The Updates card is the same thing as the Navionics + card but is only $99 instead of $179. The difference us that you'll need a older Naviinics card to unlock the Navionics Updates card.

Heres how it works.

1. Buy a Navionics Updates card. $99
    2. Register the card on Navionics.com
    3. During registration the system will ask you for your old card and blocklist the serial number preventing that card from any further updates. THIS CARD WILL STILL WORK IN YOUR CHARTPLOTTER!
    4. The system will then unlock your new Updates card and you can start downloading your maps from there. Exact same features of the new Navionics + card.

As far as the two cards at the same time. The Navionics+ or Updates card will come with SonarCharts, this is the most recent and freshest data possible. The Premium card does not have that capability. I'm not 100% on your question as I always just take out the card that I'm not using. I do know if I have a East card and a South card in that I can see all maps from both cards but it's pointless as I'm obviously only on one lake at one time. If I want to view other maps out of the region I just use the Navionics WebApp on the Navionics website or the App on my iPad and/or iPhone.

WebApp - WebApp | Navionics

Navionics Updates - Navionics Updates 1 | Navionics

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JDFishing View Post
    You can actually upgrade the Premium card into the new Navionics Updates card. The Updates card is the same thing as the Navionics + card but is only $99 instead of $179. The difference us that you'll need a older Naviinics card to unlock the Navionics Updates card.

Heres how it works.

1. Buy a Navionics Updates card. $99
    3. During registration the system will ask you for your old card and blocklist the serial number preventing that card from any further updates. THIS CARD WILL STILL WORK IN YOUR CHARTPLOTTER!
    4. The system will then unlock your new Updates card and you can start downloading your maps from there. Exact same features of the new Navionics + card.

As far as the two cards at the same time. The Navionics+ or Updates card will come with SonarCharts, this is the most recent and freshest data possible. The Premium card does not have that capability. I'm not 100% on your question as I always just take out the card that I'm not using. I do know if I have a East card and a South card in that I can see all maps from both cards but it's pointless as I'm obviously only on one lake at one time. If I want to view other maps out of the region I just use the Navionics WebApp on the Navionics website or the App on my iPad and/or iPhone.

WebApp - WebApp | Navionics

Navionics Updates - Navionics Updates 1 | Navionics
    I thought the $99.00 card would only let you download out of one of the 7 Areas. I want to mix some areas( east and South) and not have to buy two Updates card.

12. Member
    Nope. The Navionics Updates is the same thing as the Navionics + card. $99 if you already own a Navionics card in which you'll need that card to unlock Updates card. You get 2GB of data, same as Nav+ card to download any lakes no matter their region.

Follow the above link for full explanation. It's a trade in program essentially.

I have a pre 2010 Navionics Premium East chip and would like to update to Navionics+. I copied the below from the Navionics site. Does "must go to a dealer" mean that the 50% offer is available at the dealer because it cannot be done online? Or does that mean go to a dealer so you can pay full price?

Update online.

"Save 50% is available for Platinum+, HotMaps Platinum, Gold and HotMaps Premium. For Gold and HotMaps Premium this program does not include SonarCharts™ at this time. Gold and HotMaps Premium users that want to purchase Navionics Updates (including SonarCharts™) must go to a dealer".

Also, on another page there is similar wording relating to Sonarcharts. Does this mean that if I go to a dealer that Sonarcharts are included because it cannot be done online or go to the dealer to pay full price?

"Please note that for HotMaps Premium users the Save 50% program does not include SonarCharts™ at this time. HotMaps Premium users that want to purchase Navionics Updates (including SonarCharts™) must go to their dealer".
    Last edited by e-tec; 03-12-2014 at 10:27 PM. Reason: Spacing

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by e-tec View Post
    I have a pre 2010 Navionics Premium East chip and would like to update to Navionics+. I copied the below from the Navionics site. Does "must go to a dealer" mean that the 50% offer is available at the dealer because it cannot be done online? Or does that mean go to a dealer so you can pay full price?

Update online.

"Save 50% is available for Platinum+, HotMaps Platinum, Gold and HotMaps Premium. For Gold and HotMaps Premium this program does not include SonarCharts™ at this time. Gold and HotMaps Premium users that want to purchase Navionics Updates (including SonarCharts™) must go to a dealer".

Also, on another page there is similar wording relating to Sonarcharts. Does this mean that if I go to a dealer that Sonarcharts are included because it cannot be done online or go to the dealer to pay full price?

"Please note that for HotMaps Premium users the Save 50% program does not include SonarCharts™ at this time. HotMaps Premium users that want to purchase Navionics Updates (including SonarCharts™) must go to their dealer".
    Your card is pre June 2010 therefore it is not compatible with their online update format so you don't have the convenience of putting your card into a card reader and writing the new maps to your card from home. If your card was post June 2010 it would qualify/be compatible for 50% online updates from home. So.....
    1. Go to or order online from a dealer a Navionics Updates card for $99
    3. During registration the system will ask you to insert your pre 2010 premium card and blacklist the serial number preventing that card from activating more than one Navionics Update card. THIS CARD WILL STILL WORK IN YOUR CHARTPLOTTER and is yours to keep/sell.
    4. The system will then unlock your new Updates card and you can start downloading the maps of your choice from 1 of many different regions. I dont think you can download maps from different regions on one card. One region per card. The regions as per the website are US & Canada, Caribbean & South America, Greenland & Iceland Norway, UK, Ireland & Holland, Skagerrak & Kattegat, Baltic Sea Upper Volga River, Moscow Area, Central Volga River, Lower Volga River, Central & West Europe, Mediterranean & Black Sea, Africa & Middle East, Indian Ocean & South China Sea, China Sea, Australia, New Zealand & Pacific.

Your new Navionics updates card is the exact same as the new Navionics + card. In the future after your 12 months of freshest data expires you do not have to go to a dealer for updates, just plug in your Navionics Update card and purchase another 12 months of online updates. Because you have previously purchased a Navionics card they are offering you an option to upgrade for $99 versus paying $179 for the Navionics +. Its refreshing that they haven't left pre 2010 users in the dark.

15. Member
    And its better than a trade in program because you get to keep your old card.

The new maps are written to the update card not your old card. Also, if you have an older Platinum card you can do the 50% online and still be able to get freshest data and Sonarcharts. If it does not matter if your old card is a HotMaps Premium then why the disclaimer? Are you saying that the new maps are loaded to an older Platinum card and not the update card? I am so confused! I just want to order the update card online, pay the $99 and have all the benefits of Navionics+. I am also trying to avoid a 1+ hour drive to a dealer just to have him tell me it will be $179 if I want all of the functionality if that is the case. What am I missing? (Brains.....)

17. Member
    The new maps are loaded on the new update card. Any card before June 2010 will require the purchase of the new update card whether it's platinum or premium because you can't write maps to them. Period. The 50% off is only for updatable/writable cards that were made after June 2010. Difference between the updatable platinum and premium cards bought after June 2010 is the premium cards did not include sonar charts where the platinums did hence the disclaimer stating if you want sonar charts you have to purchase update card. It sounds like your cards are pre 2010 so I wouldn't get to hung up on the post 2010 specifics. Order your update card online and save yourself the trip. Your pre 2010 card acts as the unlock key for you new updates card. Updates card is identical to navionics+ So you will have all the benefits you are looking for. No need to make this more difficult than it needs to be and no need to buy for $179 when you can get it for $99. Hope this helps.

$99 to get SonarChart is a deal!

Thanks Hammer74 for the clear & simple explanation.

19. Member
    Glad I could help wallyandre! I can see how it can be confusing, the website isn't as clear and concise as it could be.

There is some room for improvements on the website for sure.

Page 19 of 90 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast