Quote Originally Posted by basscfo View Post
If the new card will not function properly including making "unlimited updates," and retaining all functionality after the update process, then they have not fixed anything. That will be the real test. Unless the card comes with instructions to do otherwise, I am going to 1) insert the new card, use it and make sure all features are working prior to update, and 2) I am going to update the card immediately and make sure it retains all those features. If it doesn't, New case # and the odyessy will continue. Also, as part of their communication to me during this process, which is limited to need to know at best, they have never indicated that you could fix the issue with a software update or download to the chip. That maybe where they are trying to go but that is not what they are doing here. Not sure where this notion has come from but they are fixing mine by replacing with a new chip that they say "works." I am counting on it and will know for sure in a few days.

Sorry for the delay but I finally had access today to a decent internet connection and I was able to update the latest Navionics Hotmaps Platinum south mapping card. I tested the card in one of my HDS gen 3 9's and the card functioned properly including the satellite photo overlay prior to updating. After updating all 3 categories on the card, the card again tested good in one of my gen 3 9's. I want to thank navionics for following through and continuing to chase this problem for nearly 4 months. It appears that they now have a handle on it. If you have had the same problem with this chip, I would contact their technical support for a fix.