Page 44 of 90 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Is there a way to find out when a body of water was last updated ?

Quote Originally Posted by bassseeker View Post
    Is there a way to find out when a body of water was last updated ?
    No, but you can see the current map on the Navionics website's Web App.
    The Web App is updated daily.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    How come in simulator mode i can see all the ky lake details (channel markers) but if i come out of simulator mode im not seeing the marker buoys at all.SO heres my question do i need to be on ky lake to see the details? I,m sitting im my garage with this new toy and i,m confused. Thanks
    I,d rather be tried by 12 than be carried by 6

4. Member
    TE check your Fish n Chip button. Some SonarChart (Fish n Chip) don't yet have navigational markers. You can either switch back and forth or use your dual map feature.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JDFishing View Post
    TE check your Fish n Chip button. Some SonarChart (Fish n Chip) don't yet have navigational markers. You can either switch back and forth or use your dual map feature.
    Thanks josh that worked
    I,d rather be tried by 12 than be carried by 6

6. Member
    Have an HDS 10 Gen 2 (non-touch). My question is specific so if you can not help I understand. I have an Eastern Platinum chip purchased 4 years go, but it does not have one particular map that I desperately need. The chart I need is Lake Wateree in South Carolina. The Navionics web page lists lake Wateree as HD map now. Can I up date my chip to reflect the most current data, or do I need to purchase a new chip? Lastly, My units are synced together via NEMA 2000, and an Ethernet cable. The other unit is an HDS 7 Gen 3 touch. Will the two units share 1 Navionics chip or is 2 required? They both have Lowrance insight mapping, but Lake Wateree is not available through it either.
    Last edited by pug101286; 05-05-2015 at 07:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pug101286 View Post
    Have an HDS 10 Gen 2 (non-touch). My question is specific so if you can not help I understand. I have an Eastern Platinum chip purchased 4 years go, but it does not have one particular map that I desperately need. The chart I need is Lake Wateree in South Carolina. The Navionics web page lists lake Wateree as HD map now. Can I up date my chip to reflect the most current data, or do I need to purchase a new chip? Lastly, My units are synced together via NEMA 2000, and an Ethernet cable. The other unit is an HDS 7 Gen 3 touch. Will the two units share 1 Navionics chip or is 2 required? They both have Lowrance insight mapping, but Lake Wateree is not available through it either.
    Have you looked at Wateree on the Navionics Web App?

Check the card size you have. It has to be 16GB.
    If it is, download and install Chart Installer software on your computer.
    Then unlock your card, open Chart Installer, put your card in the computer card reader.
    It will let you know if you can renew the Freshest Data updates.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

8. Member
    Your Lowrance units will share Navionics mapping so long as you utilize the ethernet cord as well as have the Lowrance 2.0 update. Most likely you do as they are on 4.0 now but either way, I'd make sure you're updated.

Here's where you can find the Navionics WebApp as Wayne stated. Navionics Webapp

9. Member
    when looking at my local lakes on the navionics site i just so happened to notice the depth readings and can't figure out what i'm seeing. there's a normal sized number and a smaller number to the right and just below that number. almost an inverse of a number squared if that makes sense. and on top of that the numbers are no where near the depth of the lake.in parts where the river channel is 60-65 feet it's marked as 11 with a 9 below the 11. maybe someone can explain to this ole man. tried to post a section of the lake for an example,but too dumb to do that too. lol

Quote Originally Posted by tournament2000 View Post
    when looking at my local lakes on the navionics site i just so happened to notice the depth readings and can't figure out what i'm seeing. there's a normal sized number and a smaller number to the right and just below that number. almost an inverse of a number squared if that makes sense. and on top of that the numbers are no where near the depth of the lake.in parts where the river channel is 60-65 feet it's marked as 11 with a 9 below the 11. maybe someone can explain to this ole man. tried to post a section of the lake for an example,but too dumb to do that too. lol
    Change the depth to FEET instead of METERS at the lower right. Also the distance from km to nm.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

11. Member
    Sheesh, I am a dummy. Thanks so much. We need a forum for dummies section. Thanks to all that share their wisdom without making guys like me feel dumber than I already feel

12. Member
    back to the corner with my dunce cap on.... i found the meter icon in lower right corner but when i click on it,it doesn't change?

13. Member
    my eighty years young Mother is on a trip to Fla,so i have time on my hands and figured this out. i couldn't get the webapp to download and was trying to look at maps with my chip in the adapter. so i downloaded the webapp on my phone and noticed the difference in the webapp and the map on the chip. long story short i switched my search engine to google chrome and can now view on my PC in feet and the map makes much more sense. thanks to all that walked me thru up to this point

Quote Originally Posted by tournament2000 View Post
    my eighty years young Mother is on a trip to Fla,so i have time on my hands and figured this out. i couldn't get the webapp to download and was trying to look at maps with my chip in the adapter. so i downloaded the webapp on my phone and noticed the difference in the webapp and the map on the chip. long story short i switched my search engine to google chrome and can now view on my PC in feet and the map makes much more sense. thanks to all that walked me thru up to this point
    Navionics is not Internet Explorer friendly after IE 9.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

15. Member
    Ok i have a Gen 1 HDS 5. I added a navionics+ card with the sonar charts that i ordered for it at the beginning of this year. I want to activate the fish'n chips feature to get the nice depth contour lines but when i go to it in the menu i cant select it, the writing is dulled out and the cursor skips over it. I have the navionics chip selected for the map. Now i take the same chip and put it in my Humminbird Helix 5si gps and i can select the fish'n chips and it and it reads no problem and everything looks great. Is there something im missing? Thanks in advance.
    2000 Skeeter ZX202
    Yamaha VMAX OX66 225

Is you're HDS run the latest software version

HDS Gen1 4.1 - LOWRANCE | Marine Electronics

All the improvements with the newer version:
    http://www.lowrance.com/Global/Lowra...se%20Notes.pdf

17. Member
    Ive never done it so ill try, thanks
    2000 Skeeter ZX202
    Yamaha VMAX OX66 225

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wallyandre View Post
    Is you're HDS run the latest software version

HDS Gen1 4.1 - LOWRANCE | Marine Electronics

All the improvements with the newer version:
    http://www.lowrance.com/Global/Lowra...se%20Notes.pdf
    This worked man, thanks!
    2000 Skeeter ZX202
    Yamaha VMAX OX66 225

With pleasure. Enjoy!

20. Member
    Yes I done so and the web site says I need a freshest data update because mine has expired. When I click the button to purchase it takes me to a page that describes what freshest data is and when I click purchases it takes me back to the web app screen displaying the map and the same pop up to down load the freshest data for 99$. In other words its a never ending cycle between these two screens and never an option to actually buy the freshest data???????????
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    Have you looked at Wateree on the Navionics Web App?

Check the card size you have. It has to be 16GB.
    If it is, download and install Chart Installer software on your computer.
    Then unlock your card, open Chart Installer, put your card in the computer card reader.
    It will let you know if you can renew the Freshest Data updates.

Page 44 of 90 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast