Page 89 of 90 FirstFirst ... 397987888990 LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,780 of 1786
  1. Member
    Lowrance App and Auto Routing
    Previously I've used the Navonics app to preplan routes on big water. The auto routing though not perfect did ok. The lowrance app just gives me an error saying it cant find a route. Numerous emails to Lowrance with no avail. Trying to do it between two selected map points while not on the water. Has anyone done this and would mind walking through the steps ?
    BB892A24-34EE-45FF-A446-F6796FDA87FC.jpeg
    Last edited by FishThe603; 04-16-2021 at 08:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavyg603 View Post
    Lowrance App and Auto Routing
    Previously I've used the Navonics app to preplan routes on big water. The auto routing though not perfect did ok. The lowrance app just gives me an error saying it cant find a route. Numerous emails to Lowrance with no avail. Trying to do it between two selected map points while not on the water. Has anyone done this and would mind walking through the steps ?
    BB892A24-34EE-45FF-A446-F6796FDA87FC.jpeg
    Post it in the Lowrance forum

3. Member
    Hey Guys, hope one of you can help me out.

I have 2 Navionics cards.

The hotmaps premium and Platinum cards. I know they are the older cards but is there an update i can pay for, or do i need to buy a new card?

Just buy a Navionics Update to update the Hotmap Premium

Is there a c-map (or any card) that cover both SC and Ga or would I have to purchase a card for each. I typically fish Lake Murray (SC) & Clarks Hill (Ga). Occasionally fish Hartwell, Santee, Greenwood, etc. in SC, Don't travel so much in Ga.

Quote Originally Posted by tracer1 View Post
    Is there a c-map (or any card) that cover both SC and Ga or would I have to purchase a card for each. I typically fish Lake Murray (SC) & Clarks Hill (Ga). Occasionally fish Hartwell, Santee, Greenwood, etc. in SC, Don't travel so much in Ga.
    Navionics+ Large covers all of the US and Canada
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

7. Member
    Question!!
    I was running a navionics + chip (where you downloaded the only the lakes that you wanted and had a yearly subscription) now it is not registering at all in my unit as a mapping chip. Is this because my card subscription ran out or is there an issue with my chip itself?? If i remember from the past my card would read even thou my subscription was up, but to get any updates i had to renew the subscription. Please Help!!
    Thanks,
    z521SHO

Even if your subscription is over you can still use the card but w/o some advance features. Be sure that Navionics is the card choosen in the Menu and if so just pul it out and in a few times; sometimes it's the card reader that doesn't always works perfectly

9. Member

Lowrance HDS 12, 1 with Live. Map Chip(s)

I just got a couple of Lowrance HDS 12 and fish mostly on Toledo Bend and Sam Rayburn. First time out in the boat and just playing and breaking it in, but am surprised at the inaccuracies of the boat lanes so have to assume depths are off too although I haven’t checked yet. Toledo is my home lake but Rayburn is not far. Which chip, or chips, do I need to max my fun and safety factor? Can you run 2 chips at once (like Navionics and C-Map) for example? Learning tons of stuff with all the new on this boat so it’s hard to keep separate, but I do have extra funds saved up to do max upgrades/usability so want the best options.

Yes you run 2 differents cards; you need to split the screen and one of the split can be use choosing Navionics and the other split using CMap.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wallyandre View Post
    Yes you run 2 differents cards; you need to split the screen and one of the split can be use choosing Navionics and the other split using CMap.
    Thanks. I’ll get both.
    I saw that each unit has 2 card slots. Does it matter where I put the 2 different chips since they’re networked?
    And can I use the extra 2 slots for extra memory or do I need more
    Or do I need or can use more data chips

Quote Originally Posted by Roadhawk View Post
    Thanks. I’ll get both.
    I saw that each unit has 2 card slots. Does it matter where I put the 2 different chips since they’re networked? No it doesn't matter
    And can I use the extra 2 slots for extra memory or do I need more
    Or do I need or can use more data chips
    If you want to do live mapping you can with Navionics but for Lowrance you need a virgin card with 32 gig or less of capacity

13. Member
    I’m running 2 HDS Live 12’s and one Gen 2 Touch 12”. I typically fish in the east region so I have Navionics Hotmaps Platinum+ card for the east. Also when I got my HDS Lives I got the CMap Contour +. I’m making my first trip to Florida next month and fishing the St John’s River. The CMap is basically useless there and obviously my Navionics for the east doesn’t cover it. So trying to figure out the best path for mapping for the St John’s River. Navionics Hotmaps Platinum South the best option?

Quote Originally Posted by Rangerman520 View Post
    I’m running 2 HDS Live 12’s and one Gen 2 Touch 12”. I typically fish in the east region so I have Navionics Hotmaps Platinum+ card for the east. Also when I got my HDS Lives I got the CMap Contour +. I’m making my first trip to Florida next month and fishing the St John’s River. The CMap is basically useless there and obviously my Navionics for the east doesn’t cover it. So trying to figure out the best path for mapping for the St John’s River. Navionics Hotmaps Platinum South the best option?
    Tidal waters are not typically HD due to ------ the tides. There are typically spot soundings done by mapping companies.
    BUT sonar unit owners can have HD contours for those waters by uploading sonar logs to the Sonar Charts program and those are processed by Navionics into HD contour mapping and can be viewed by updating your map card to include that detail. Since Sonar Charts is on-going as often as sonar logs are uploaded to be processed, you have to check occasionally to see if any changes are made and then do an update to get the changes.
    You can VIEW the actual current maps that Navionics has on their website's Chart Viewer. There is an icon at the lower left of the page that you can switch between Nautical Charts (Navionics data) and Sonar Charts (user generated data).
    The icon is blue when selecting Sonar Charts and is grey for Nautical Charts.
    The St Johns River has a lot of HD coverage with Sonar Charts.

The wise choice of a Navionics product that covers all regions and Canada is the Navionics + Large version. That way you don't need to have multiple regional cards.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

16. Member
    Thanks all. I appreciate it.

17. Member

Sonar Chart Live Uploaded - Sonar Chart Shading

I’ve figured out how to pair my Lowrance Elite FS (has Platinum+ chip) with my cell phone running the Navionics Boating app. Phone is recording the Sonar Chart Live. As advertised, the new contours show up in the next map update about a week later after processing by Navionics. However, I have noticed that although the new contours show up, the Sonar Chart Shading does not reflect the contours.

I have attached a picture for an example. Circled in ​red​ are the new contours I recorded in the Boating app and then was uploaded and processed by Navionics. Circled in ​yellow​ are the contours already on the card and was not recorded or uploaded by me. Although not zoomed in, the depths are similar for both circled areas. All other areas I recorded and uploaded show the same - no shading.

Am I missing something?C331CCE7-042A-49B4-88EF-EB5B030280DD.jpeg

Zoom in and enable sonarchart

19. Member
    Sonar Chart enabled. Zoomed in and zoomed out multiple times.

Navionics never advertise that they will process the sonar chart live files within a week. It wll depend on the area, load of work etc... 3-4 weeks is in the fast mode it could be more then this

Page 89 of 90 FirstFirst ... 397987888990 LastLast