Page 85 of 90 FirstFirst ... 35758384858687 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,700 of 1786
  1. Member
    I have a Community Edits question for those of you that fish inland.

I just uploaded my HotMaps Platinum South and have not used that feature yet on my Lowrance Elite 7 TI. How useful, and accurate have you found Community Edits to be for inland lakes?

Thanks...

Ken
    2020 Vexus AVX2080
    HDS 9 Lives

Most of the time the info’s are true and useful. If you find sometime wrong just delete it on the app if you have one

Good video on how to access certain functions on a Navionics card showed on the 3 major brands:

4. Member
    Thanks for the tips !!

Ken
    2020 Vexus AVX2080
    HDS 9 Lives

5. Member
    I have two Navionics Platinum + cards (East and US & Canada) that I believe were purchased in 2017. I have not updated them since purchased. I fish mainly in Missouri, Illinois and Kentucky and have a couple of questions. Do I have to pay for updates on both cards? Also, since I have I have the US & Canada card, do I have the same charts and details in this card as I do with the East card? Would I be better off just keeping the US & Canada card and selling the East card? Thanks!

Keep the US-Canada and sale the other

SonarChart™ Shading: New Way to View Navionics Chart Data
    Now available on Platinum+ and the regular Platinum

Check the video:

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lobina grande View Post
    I have two Navionics Platinum + cards (East and US & Canada) that I believe were purchased in 2017. I have not updated them since purchased. I fish mainly in Missouri, Illinois and Kentucky and have a couple of questions. Do I have to pay for updates on both cards? Also, since I have I have the US & Canada card, do I have the same charts and details in this card as I do with the East card? Would I be better off just keeping the US & Canada card and selling the East card? Thanks!
    The mapping between the two chips will ultimatly be the exact same if they have both been updated. The East just has less coverage. If you can live without the functions below, the US/Canada chips is great for overall coverage.

The Hotmaps Platinum+ will have the extra functions of:
    - Satellite overlay
    - 3D View
    - Panoramic Photos
    NPAA #803

It is now possible to mport and export in a gpx format youre routes, tracks and waypoints from the Navionics Boating App: https://www.navionics.com/usa/blog/p...r9Eu2i1_D_lq7I

10. Member
    hello
    what is best was to send my trail to a fishin buddy?
    can i just take screen shot and message it.
    or go thru the share link?
    buddy doesn't have a avionics mobile app.
    thanks
    john

Save them on a card then send them to youre buddy by email in gpx format.

12. Member
    Hello,

I just installed a new Ti2-9 and updated my Navionics Platinum chart card. The chart page does not show depth readings on contours as it did on my Ti-7. Lots of nice contour lines, but no numbers. I've searched the support pages on both the Lowrance and Navionics websites to no avail. I'm sure it's something simple but can't find a remedy. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Maybe you didn't zoom in enough?

14. Member
    Is there any way to keep the chart detail when zoomed out? Not talking all the way out obviously, but I lose all the Navionics detail when the scale is 0.5mi and larger...Which is really not that far out for longer range running. It's always been like this and annoyed me, just never thought to ask about it.

Gen 3 HDS9 and Navionics platinum (active and updated this spring).

Thanks,
    -Logan

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LDS922 View Post
    Is there any way to keep the chart detail when zoomed out? Not talking all the way out obviously, but I lose all the Navionics detail when the scale is 0.5mi and larger...Which is really not that far out for longer range running. It's always been like this and annoyed me, just never thought to ask about it.

Gen 3 HDS9 and Navionics platinum (active and updated this spring).

Thanks,
    Nope, I noticed this also this weekend. I never paid much attention to it. But had two maps going to see depth in close and out far to navigate through some sketchy stuff. But I also noticed the farther out some of the stuff was hard to see because it gets so close together.

But to answer your question plain and simple, no....
    NPAA #803

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mach440 View Post
    Nope, I noticed this also this weekend. I never paid much attention to it. But had two maps going to see depth in close and out far to navigate through some sketchy stuff. But I also noticed the farther out some of the stuff was hard to see because it gets so close together.

But to answer your question plain and simple, no....
    Well that sucks...Thanks for the answer though.

To be clear on the underlined part...When I say I lose detail I don't mean that it's just too hard see the detail, I mean I don't have the 'map' at all. It's just the blue outline of the water body. I don't really mind losing finer details, I just wish I could keep the white/blue shading when zoomed out further.

I'm just a guy on the internet, but IMO you lose that detail way too soon. As I think about it more, I actually was mistaken when I said it's always done it...It's just always done it on my current units and chip.

I have an old picture on my phone (don't think I need to post, but can if someone wants to see) of my graph where I was zoomed out 4 times further than when I currently lose the detail I'm talking about (2mi scale) and it still had the detail. Difference is that it was HB unit and an older non-platinum chip. Is it a Lowrance thing, a Platinum thing, or just something new in general?

Thanks again for the insight.
    -Logan

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LDS922 View Post
    Well that sucks...Thanks for the answer though.

To be clear on the underlined part...When I say I lose detail I don't mean that it's just too hard see the detail, I mean I don't have the 'map' at all. It's just the blue outline of the water body. I don't really mind losing finer details, I just wish I could keep the white/blue shading when zoomed out further.

I'm just a guy on the internet, but IMO you lose that detail way too soon. As I think about it more, I actually was mistaken when I said it's always done it...It's just always done it on my current units and chip.

I have an old picture on my phone (don't think I need to post, but can if someone wants to see) of my graph where I was zoomed out 4 times further than when I currently lose the detail I'm talking about (2mi scale) and it still had the detail. Difference is that it was HB unit and an older non-platinum chip. Is it a Lowrance thing, a Platinum thing, or just something new in general?

Thanks again for the insight.
    What chip do you have and what graph? I have been using the new SonarCharts Shading when I zoom way out. Yes your mapping contours will go away so far out, but that's where with the proper chip (Hotmaps Platinum) you can use SonarCharts Shading.
    NPAA #803

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mach440 View Post
    What chip do you have and what graph? I have been using the new SonarCharts Shading when I zoom way out. Yes your mapping contours will go away so far out, but that's where with the proper chip (Hotmaps Platinum) you can use SonarCharts Shading.
    I'm using Hotmaps Platinum East with HDS9 Gen 3. I haven't tried the new sonar charts shading yet...Will give it a try, if that shading is there even without contours it should be good enough.

Thanks for the tip!
    -Logan

19. Member
    Lots to read here. I bought 2 elite 9TI,s that came with Navionics + cards from Basspro. The mapping is terrible compared to my old units and hummingbird. I selected Navionics and its not much better than the factory map? Could I be missing something or are these cards not very good? I tried to look at Navionics site but found it very confusing. It sucks being old with these new electronics! Thank you in advance for any advise

You need to register your card on Navionics.com , insert youre card , install the chart installer using Google Chrome or Edge

You can view youre body of water on: Navionics.com and click on the chart viewer button

Page 85 of 90 FirstFirst ... 35758384858687 ... LastLast