Page 82 of 90 FirstFirst ... 32728081828384 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,640 of 1786
  1. Member
    Hello just got my Navionics Platinum+,Has Carbon,looked at some you tube videos, still have some questions.
    In chart source/Navionics.
    In menu what is ColorTrails?Is that a way to color certain depths, like a 5-10 depth area?Or is that the Shading function?
    NoT sure what is Easy View,i clicked it on but didn't notice any change on display.
    Photo overlay looks like a Satellite overlay, should i keep that on Full for most marsh detail?
    See buttons for sonar chart density, and photo Transparency?
    also fishing range and shallow water.
    i know this is lots of questions, something visual to explain all this would be nice, not sure where to look.Is this explained somewhere on Navionics web site?
    thanks
    john

Do i keep community edits on while fishing to see what others have marked on sonarDepth?

Take a look at those videos that I did (I'm far from being a professionnal) but you are going to find some answers on your questions:

Having issues with my navionics card and my Simrad. The unit will power off for no reason and once turned back on it will turn back off. If I remove my navionics card the unit will work all day with no issues. I'm not sure how old the card is but I'm assuming it is at least 3 - 4 years old. Could the card being out of date cause this?
    1991 Storm 20'6 ( Double Cheesy )
    1998 Merc 225 EFI
    Bob's Jackplate
    SIMRAD GO7
    Dual Power Pole Sportsman 2's

It’s suppose to work even if it’s an old card. Can you try it in another unit?

Unfortunately no. This is the only unit I have. Seems odd that when the card is removed everything works fine.
    1998 Merc 225 EFI
    Bob's Jackplate
    SIMRAD GO7

Send a email explaining the problem at: help@navionics.com

Or just get a Navionics Update for $99 and get all the functions and extra working? Plus a lot more up to date data on your card

Quote Originally Posted by wallyandre View Post
    Or just get a Navionics Update for $99 and get all the functions and extra working? Plus a lot more up to date data on your card
    Thank you for your help. I've been working with Navionics and they are sending me a replacement card at no cost. That is outstanding customer service.
    1998 Merc 225 EFI
    Bob's Jackplate
    SIMRAD GO7

Quote Originally Posted by 91@Storm View Post
    Thank you for your help. I've been working with Navionics and they are sending me a replacement card at no cost. That is outstanding customer service.
    Glad to hear! And yes Navionics offer an outstanding CS.
    Don’t forget to register your new card and download the latest updates.

10. Member
    SonarCharts Live question....

I have my card in the console unit, everything works fine.

When I turn on the SCL overlay on my bow unit (using card at console), I'm expecting to see the overlay that I created previously... but it appears to start creating a new overlay. I thought that the overlay data was stored on the card and that my networked units would just read the Navionics data from the unit that the card is in. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? HDS Gen3 units with (I think) most up to date s/w

You share the card with the console unit; the console unit is the master. So if you turn on the sonarchart overlay it's start creating new datas on the master card. Yes the .lsd datas are store on the Navionics card.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wallyandre View Post
    You share the card with the console unit; the console unit is the master. So if you turn on the sonarchart overlay it's start creating new datas on the master card. Yes the .lsd datas are store on the Navionics card.
    So I cannot view the same overlay on both units simultaneously?

I just want to view the overlay I built with my console unit up at the bow when I'm finished and actually fishing

Never try it but I assume that if you enable SCL on both units then you can view SCL on both

14. Member
    I had read elsewhere (but can't remember where - maybe THT or something) that the bow unit should just show the same thing as the console unit, but that is not what I saw.

I had SCL enabled at the console, stood up and dropped the TM and enabled SCL at the bow - so I had SCL enabled on both units simultaneously. I never did look at the console unit to see what was happening there - but on the bow unit, instead of showing my existing overlay I just saw the white circle around the boat and it expanded as I moved the boat around. I disabled the SCL on the bow and went back to the console and everything looked as I had left it

If you ove forward and you didn't do any SCL previously those will be new and don't forget that you could have a discrepancy between the front gps and the consol gps (8-10ft)? If you are using a different transducer from the back to the front. SNL are created with: depth and gps coordinates nothing else or nothing magic; the reading of those 2 are then transfer on the card to the screen

16. Member
    It was a very large area I had just mapped by doing a pretty tight grid - the entire mouth of a slough where it dumps into the river. I wouldn't have been totally surprised if the contours started changing based on any difference between the two transducers but I expected to see the previously built overlay show up in that area.

OH, and another thing I saw that made me think I had something set up wrong... one time I pulled the TM without disabling SCL at the bow and went to another area and did some graphing at the console... console overlay looked great, and when I went up front I realized I had forgotten to turn off SCL and the overlay on that graph was just junk... I assumed because the trandsucer up there was just pinging off nothing. It REALLY looked like somehow there was two completely independent overlays created, but by my understanding that is impossible.

I guess I just need to play with it some more. I assumed that if I enabled SCL on both units it would only record based on the sonar data of the unit with the card in it and what I would see on the networked unit would be a copy of that image.

Alternatively - I can connect my phone to my graph while collecting the data and then upload to navionics and update my chart with that data? Then when I go back to previously charted areas I just turn off SCL and I'll see the updated contours?

Any way to get the previously recorded data off the card and upload to Navionics?

Only the future datas share with your phone could be upload and update it. I automatically link my phone with my hds everytime I’m sitting in my boat, boating or fishing.

Is there a way to zoom in closer to the waypoint? My HDS Carbon 12 can only zoom in so far and it’s difficult to tell when I’m actually over the waypoint.

When using Navionics the max zoom is 20ft on the Lowrance map page it's 10ft. so you can split your page with one on Navionics and the other one on Lowrance

Thanks!

Page 82 of 90 FirstFirst ... 32728081828384 ... LastLast