Page 81 of 90 FirstFirst ... 31717980818283 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,620 of 1786
  1. Member
    Hey all,

With all the excitement around the addition to Fishing Ranges in Navionics MobileApp, here’s a quick video highlighting it uses.

2. Member
    This may have been asked but I couldnt find it so I will ask.
    I have a Hook2 7" TS on my console and a Hook2 7" SS on the bow. I bought the Navionics South and installed it on my Console unit.
    How do I get the same lakes on my bow unit? Do I have to buy another South card?
    2002 BassCat Cougar

Yes. You can't share map with the HOOK2

4. Member
    Thanks, I was afraid of that, but at least I know for sure now.
    2002 BassCat Cougar

5. Member
    If I sell an old Premium east card, that I had registered, can the new owner pay the $100 to get new updates for the card, or unlock the navionics +?

No, it can be use only once

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wallyandre View Post
    No, it can be use only once
    Ok thanks

8. Member
    Why won't Navionics accept my sonar logs from my new Hook2-5 HDI? The card is valid and registered, it came with the unit, which I just bought. When I submitted my logs, the status shows "rejected" because they don't have permission to use the files, or something like that... why? Seems like my only self-mapping option is to use SCL on overlay. The sonar chart data needs updating badly because the data for my home lake (Hollis G Lathem, GA) is completely inaccurate.

It's not Navionics that doesn't want, it's Navico (Lowrance-Simrad) that is not allowed Navionicsto use your sonar logs. You can sent a email to Navico CS

10. Member
    That's what I said, or meant, I was just wondering why Lowrance (Navico) doesn't give Navionics permission, when they already include the N+ card with the plotter, in the box. I'm guess I'm OK with it as long as SCL works, and hopefully later there will be an update to add some of the missing features mentioned earlier in the thread that are in the app (I read back as far as 2016 so far), like lake level correction. I was hoping to improve the mapping for the lake - well, I tried. :D

11. Member
    I still cannot get SonarChart Live working on my Hook2-5 Splitshot. I've enabled the feature in the chart menu under overlay, played with transparency settings, but I am not seeing any contours being added to the chart as I move around on the lake. WHat is the trick to getting this working on the Hook2? The manual info is extremely skimpy and explains nothing.

There is no trick with the HOOK2; the unit doesn’t do SonarChart live. The easiest way is with a Elite Ti link to your tablet Nav app. This way you got the map live on your screen and Navionics are getting your data and they become available to download on your card.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wallyandre View Post
    There is no trick with the HOOK2; the unit doesn’t do SonarChart live. The easiest way is with a Elite Ti link to your tablet Nav app. This way you got the map live on your screen and Navionics are getting your data and they become available to download on your card.
    Then both Navionics and Navico are both false advertising, because they damn sure both claim it works. I'll be calling both companies shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by jawjatek View Post
    Then both Navionics and Navico are both false advertising, because they damn sure both claim it works. I'll be calling both companies shortly.
    I may be wrong cause on another thread somebody mentionne that it's in manual for the HOOK2

15. Member
    Just got off phone with Navico/Lowrance, and also off chat with Navionics support. Navionics said the card is "for an Elite or Hook 4 units. You may need to contact Lowrance". Lowrance wants the sonar logs file. Weird, logging of sonar is not required for SCL, glad I recorded one.

I have a separate thread now in the forum, so I'll post more info there.

Update: might be a card issue, Lowrance is sending another. Will report after I try it.

Edit 09-21-18 Received a new Nav+ card in the full retail package from Lowrance support . Set it up on-line and will try it out next fishing trip.
    Last edited by jawjatek; 09-22-2018 at 12:45 AM.

16. Member
    When updating a card there’s a limited area for community edits. If you choose an area and later choose a different area is that info added to what was downloaded previously or is the first download erased?
    2006 Triton TR196 w/ 200 Optimax \ 2021 AlumaRyder 1860 w/ 200 Rotax

No. You can do wathever you want with the Community Edits

18. Member
    Meaning they just limit the size of each download?
    2006 Triton TR196 w/ 200 Optimax \ 2021 AlumaRyder 1860 w/ 200 Rotax

Not sure you know what is Community Edit?
    https://www.navionics.com/usa/charts...ommunity-edits

20. Member
    For you folks that have a Navionics+ card or are thinking about buying one, here is a video that might be helpful:

Page 81 of 90 FirstFirst ... 31717980818283 ... LastLast