Page 71 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 1786
    If you want to improve you're card you absolutly need the Navionics app on you're phone ($20) or on a tablet ($50)
    Link the tablet with the Gen-3 and open the Navionics app and the new sonarchart will show on the gen-3 and on the app

2. Member
    South of Baton Rouge but North of Plaquemine, LA
    Ok. So I finally got sonarchart live figured out and did some logging. I uploaded to navionics a several days ago and status is now processed. I see where some changes were made from the original map, but only about 20%, if that, of the logging changes I made are there. Has anyone else run into this?

Maybe the chnges are not significative?
    You can also contact Navionics to find out at: help@navionics.com

4. Member
    Just bought a new boat with HDS12 Gen 3 on console and HDS9 Gen 3 on bow. Currently running the MSD/PREM-E6 East chip from my old boat. Looking to upgrade. Am I better off buying the new Platinum East or the upgrade chip? If reading this correctly the upgrade will allow me to get the upgrades for one year but only the lakes I load? Or does it upgrade all the lakes I have on my current chip? As many times I head out the door last minute am concerned that I will have to stop and download a lake before I leave. For the minimal $70 difference - $99 for upgrade and $169 for new card currently on sale, I want to get the best option. I am fishing lakes primarily in New England. Thanks for your help in advance.
    2017 Skeeter FX20 LE
    250 Yamaha SHO
    www.NEBassGuides.com

With the nWith the latest update on you're Lowrance and a new Navionics card you can create you're own map live on screen and you can also link you're tablet or smartphone and the Navionics app and update the new logs to Navionics.

6. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Can the Live sonar chart files be deleted off the card??? Will it cause any harm?? and am i correct that its the *.lsd file??
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

Yes it can be deleted but why would you want to do this?

8. Member
    Update Lowrance Units to get more Navionics features such as SonarChart Live! Make your own lake maps better and asker than ever!

9. Member

SonarChart Live- good first step, but we need more

I have been using SonarChart Live a lot lately and and glad we finally have this feature. It is easy to use and simple to use as others have stated. Like most new products there are opportunities to improve SonarChart Live.

1) Program is too simple- the only thing you can do is to adjust transparency and either turn it on or turn it off. To view a previously mapped area while fishing for example, when you turn on the overlay, it is remapping and potentially creating new data points that are taking up space on your Navionics card. I have been told by a navionics rep that the program will not record redundant data, but if the lake level is different from one time to another, when you are fishing in an area, is this redundant data? You need to be able to toggle between "view previously recorded overlay" and "record with overlay" and a set of instructions on how to use the program and manage your data would be a big help. What we have right now is the minimum stripped down version that will create a map-but little or no thought has been given for data management or back up.

2) there is no lake level adjustment to keep your data consistent over time as lake levels change during a year. This is a critical basic mapping function that should be part of this program

3) Program in its current form is a band aid, very good for spot mapping areas but not very good for mapping large lakes or large areas of large lakes because there is no data management ability other than to record the data to the navionics card and there seems to be no way to back up your data after you have spent hours mapping. This is a must. I am not interested in any scheme that requires you making your mapping work part of a community map or sharing my mapping work, and this is a more common view of most fisherman that I know.

4) with the "on or off" feature, can you use the program off the water for map study? HOW?

5) What happens when you fill your navionics card or exceed the data limit set by navionics and Lowrance on the card? Do I have to pay a subscription for my navionics card in perpetuity to have access to my mapping data long-term. Cards go bad over time. How do I back up and have access to my data for the long term? Do you have to buy another active card if you fill this one up? I have been told that the program will simply overwrite your previously recorded data? If this is true, how do you know when you are near the limit? How do you know if it is overwriting? I have been told that it would take days or months to fill your navionics card but if you have the overlay on all the time that you are fishing in areas that have previously been mapped, with potentially changing lake levels, seems like the data could pile up fast on that card.

6)View of the overlay map is monchrome- no shading adjustment capability- not easy to view and pick out map features due too the monochrome view

7)Again, a user manual or a decent set of release notes that explains how the program works and how to use it and manage your data, would be fantastic. We do not need a video to use it in its current form, turn it on or turn it off does not require a lot of explanation but there is a lot more potential with this program that needs to be explained and unleashed.

I want to use this program in a big way but it is hard to invest a lot of time mapping large areas with it, until we get some more capability and or more explanation from Lowrance and Navionics on how to make the best use of it and the data that we are recording for ourselves. We are now half pregnant. Lets go all the way and deliver a real baby.
    " If you are going to be stupid, you have got to be tough!"

1) Program is too simple- the only thing you can do is to adjust transparency and either turn it on or turn it off. To view a previously mapped area while fishing for example, when you turn on the overlay, it is remapping and potentially creating new data points that are taking up space on your Navionics card.

Lowrance did not adopt the toggle to pause recording as the Navionics app does.

I have been told by a navionics rep that the program will not record redundant data, but if the lake level is different from one time to another, when you are fishing in an area, is this redundant data?

no, this is new data. Redundant would be same depth same place.

You need to be able to toggle between "view previously recorded overlay" and "record with overlay" and a set of instructions on how to use the program and manage your data would be a big help. What we have right now is the minimum stripped down version that will create a map-but little or no thought has been given for data management or back up.

2) there is no lake level adjustment to keep your data consistent over time as lake levels change during a year. This is a critical basic mapping function that should be part of this program

Lowrance did not adopt, does not do water level adjustment. There is tide adjustment for marine areas.

3) Program in its current form is a band aid, very good for spot mapping areas but not very good for mapping large lakes or large areas of large lakes because there is no data management ability other than to record the data to the navionics card and there seems to be no way to back up your data after you have spent hours mapping. This is a must. I am not interested in any scheme that requires you making your mapping work part of a community map or sharing my mapping work, and this is a more common view of most fisherman that I know.

Navionics is positioned in community data sharing. That is the service. Some will not agree, we recognize that.

4) with the "on or off" feature, can you use the program off the water for map study? HOW?

power on your unit, enable the overlay in the driveway.

5) What happens when you fill your navionics card or exceed the data limit set by navionics and Lowrance on the card?

you won’t. The data is very light.

Do I have to pay a subscription for my navionics card in perpetuity to have access to my mapping data long-term.

Cards go bad over time. How do I back up and have access to my data for the long term?

You can back-up the .lsd files on you're desktop but it is at your'e own risk. There is nothing that can do to restore lost or corrupted data.

Do you have to buy another active card if you fill this one up?

you will not fill it. It is 10’s of 1000’s of hours.

I have been told that the program will simply overwrite your previously recorded data? If this is true, how do you know when you are near the limit? How do you know if it is overwriting? I have been told that it would take days or months to fill your navionics card but if you have the overlay on all the time that you are fishing in areas that have previously been mapped, with potentially changing lake levels, seems like the data could pile up fast on that card.

you have been told wrong. It will likely take more than a lifetime, not days, not months.

To give you a practical comparison, I have over 600 hours of boat time on a card here, it is 1.6mb of space.
    That data was recorded in a marine fishing environment where my average day is over 100 miles of water.

6)View of the overlay map is monchrome- no shading adjustment capability- not easy to view and pick out map features due too the monochrome view

Lowrance chose not to adopt color options like the Navionics app.

11. Member
    Wallyandre,
    thanks for the quick response. I hope Lowrance reconsiders adding the features that they did not select because that is the difference between a minimal solution and a robust competitive product for us users. Right now, it is hard to go all in and commit a bunch of time, mapping areas without those features, and without a bona fide way to back up your data. Their position that the fishing community is going to share data is pure fantasy. Some may but the majority will not. They still have a lot of work to do to get this right. We are so close yet so far away.

12. Member

Tommy -any problem running navionics cards in 2 hds gen-3's that are networked

Tommy, is there any problem running an active subscription navionics card like HotMaps Platinum in both bow and console HDS gen 3 9's that are networked with ethernet and nema and can you continue to share waypoints in this setup? Any settings changes required to make sure both units are reading the card that is in that particular unit?

Do you know anyone that can tell us why we cannot currently share/view the new SonarChart Live overlay the same as we can the Navionics chip map, between 2 units.

Currently if you have 1 navionics chip and it is in the console unit, and you create a map with SonarChart Live, when you want to shutdown and fish, you cannot view the overlay on the bow unit, so you might as well not have the new map. you end up fishing blind or you must move the card from the console to the bow unit while on the water which is a recipe for disaster (i.e. drop the chip in the water or get water in the card slots) Can they fix this with a software update? or is there more to this than that?

13. Member
    Are the maps you make for your own use? Or do you have to share them with everyone?

14. Member
    own use

15. Member
    Basscfo - This is some great input and honestly the product is so new that I don't yet know the answers to these but did send this link to the Product Manager for them to take into consideration. I run four units, two gen 3 units and two Carbons. I don't network the entire system via Ethernet and instead network via the NMEA network. Therefor I need to run multiple cards.

I do know that there is much more in the works when it comes to Lowrance and Navionics SonarChart combo in the near future. This is only the begining but coming from a guy who spends too much time on the water and has an addiction to logging sonar, I've got a ton of use out of simply making my own maps while I fish. I'll let you know if I get back any further detail.

16. Member
    I've got a Navionics platinum card and noticed today that all the deep water areas area colored white instead of previously blue. Is there a setting that got messed up? Couldn't find any way to get it back to blue? The topo lines and shallow 60ft or less all blue but main channels etc deeper than that all white. Lowrance gen 2 HDS 8. Thanks

17. Member
    rfdong - pretty simple fix. Go under Chart Options - View - Depth Highlight. Here's a video demo for you to review. Tight lines!

18. Member
    I performed the Gen3 56.1.160 update recently and did not think to remove my Platinum card during the update process. Since the Gen3 update, I'm not able to adjust my Fishing range or Shallow water range in my charts. I get a popup message that says "Only Legacy Data is Found -- Advanced Features Not Available." I see on Navionics support page that failure to remove your card during a plotter update could potentially corrupt your card. I'm guessing that is what I have done. Does anyone know if performing an update on my Platinum card will fix this? Or what can be done to fix it?

19. Member
    Hey guys, I just recently bought a Nav hotmaps plat east card and I have a few questions.

1) What are the advantages of the daily updates for the mainly 7-8 lakes I currently fish?
    2) What happens after my year is up?
    3) It took 45 minutes for the 1st update I did, does it take that long every time?
    4) How often should I update the card for this year?
    5) Should I update nautical charts, sonar charts and comm charts each time?

Thanks.

20. Member
    can anyone tell me if a pc version of navionics for windows 7 is available

Page 71 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast