Page 52 of 90 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1786
  1. Member
    When you guys download the charts on your Navionics+ chart, is there a reason to download both? Which one is preferred? How do you select to display the SONAR or NAUTICAL version of the chart on a HDS9 Gen 3?

Thanks
    Last edited by cc3111986; 01-06-2016 at 07:44 PM.

When you use sonarchart you don't see the navigation aids and why not downloading everything? The sonarcharts is another HD layer over the Nautical chart. 1st you choose Navionics on you're gps menu then I think it's under view on options you pick Fish nChip to view the sonarcharts.

3. Member
    You definitely want to download both NauticalChart and SonarChart, here's a Lowrance/Navionics quick video to demonstrate...

4. Member
    Navionics NEW Compatibility Chart is available for all the new Lowrance units. Here you go.

http://www.navionics.com/en/compatibility

5. Member

Do you always have to update chip if it is a well visited lake?

Quote Originally Posted by JDFishing View Post
    Navionics NEW Compatibility Chart is available for all the new Lowrance units. Here you go.

http://www.navionics.com/en/compatibility
    Say I go to Table Rock Lake, wouldn't it remain the same pretty much from all the other chart plodders? Once you down load why do you have to download again? I'm learning as I just bought new boat back in Nov.2015 and haven't had it out yet. Finally moving up to GPS, but in baby steps so I'll be safe as boats cost a lot of money. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by James7027 View Post
    Say I go to Table Rock Lake, wouldn't it remain the same pretty much from all the other chart plodders? Once you down load why do you have to download again? I'm learning as I just bought new boat back in Nov.2015 and haven't had it out yet. Finally moving up to GPS, but in baby steps so I'll be safe as boats cost a lot of money. Thanks!
    Navionics does about 2000 edits per day "somewhere". If any map changes are done you can get them instantly by doing a map card update. A new purchase of any Navionics product includes a year of Freshest Data Updates.

Also with the Sonar Charts program, if anyone is uploading their sonar logs during the year to make corrections if needed, you get those too if you have Navionics Hotmaps Platinum or Navionics+

All you have to do is occasionally check the Navionics website's Web App to see what the current maps look like. If you see any changes, you can get your map data updated to match.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

7. Member
    I will be getting Lowrance HDS units this week. I am looking to get a navionics card but don't know which to get. I fish North Alabama and I cannot decide if I should get the + or the platinum hotmaps. I know that the + is downloadable for the whole country.

What does the hotmaps offer that the + does not?
    If I am going to fish Alabama only which product should I buy?

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    I will be getting Lowrance HDS units this week. I am looking to get a navionics card but don't know which to get. I fish North Alabama and I cannot decide if I should get the + or the platinum hotmaps. I know that the + is downloadable for the whole country.

What does the hotmaps offer that the + does not?
    If I am going to fish Alabama only which product should I buy?

Platinum

9. Member
    I have same issue, contacted Navionics and was told platinum hot mays for South region. Still want best I can buy. Some here say buy Lowrance chip. Don't know the difference. I'd appreciate to know best and why, I have HDS Gen 3, 7 inch screen. Have 2 in my new boat and don't want interference on it with each other.

10. Banned
    If you have an insight model graph then don't get the insight card. If you want to really use the maps, then use split screen with built in insight on one chart and Navionics on the other chart.

11. Member

I am about to purchase a card and need to make sure I get the correct one.

I have the Navionics app and run it on my iPad. The feature that I want to make sure I have access to is the depth shading. Is this feature (as it is on the iPad app) available on both the Navionics+ and Navionics Platinum Hotmaps?

Thanks,
    Kenneth

Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth ALBassr View Post
    I am about to purchase a card and need to make sure I get the correct one.

I have the Navionics app and run it on my iPad. The feature that I want to make sure I have access to is the depth shading. Is this feature (as it is on the iPad app) available on both the Navionics+ and Navionics Platinum Hotmaps?

Thanks,
    Kenneth
    Navionics+, Hotmaps Platinum, and Hotmaps Premium have the same maps if updated the same day as the App is updated. Its the same maps as viewed on the Navionics website's Web App.

The software your device has determines what settings you will have.

You will not get all the settings the App has. That will take a unit software change to allow all those settings.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

HDS III Touch 9 is what I have. Can I do depth shading with Navionics+?

Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth ALBassr View Post
    HDS III Touch 9 is what I have. Can I do depth shading with Navionics+?
    Page 41 in the manual Safety Depth

Refer to post #1023 abovefor more info
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

16. Member
    Yes Kenneth you can utilize depth shading through the Navionics + card on your Lowrance Touch Gen 3. Lowrance utilized this Navionics function back with the Gen 2 2.0 update a couple years back.

17. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    I have 2 questions:

1) I have two HDS-8 Gen 2 units on my boat. Can I plug a Navionics Platinum card into one unit and see the mapping data from that card on both units simultaneously? They are linked via a structure scan box. Note: updating to software version 4.0 apparently has solved this sharing issue on my HDS units. All good in this regard.
    2) I have the Navionics app on my iPhone, and it's very useful, but I also have an iPad (both are less than a year old) and the same app, shared between the units, does not run on the iPad. Do I need to separately purchase the app for my iPad?
    Last edited by jc2bg; 02-16-2016 at 02:24 PM.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

If you're HDS are running with the latest update they will share you're Navionics.

If you get the Navionics Boating App it's going to be HD and it is worthed.

19. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wallyandre View Post
    If you're HDS are running with the latest update they will share you're Navionics.

If you get the Navionics Boating App it's going to be HD and it is worthed.
    I have the Navionics boating app, but it will only run on one of my iOS devices. All my other iOS apps run on both my iPad and my iPhone. That's why I ask, do I need to purchase *two* iterations of the Navionics boating app to run it on two devices? Or is there a separate version for iPad?

They are 2 Navionics Boating App; 1 for the phone and 1 for the tablet. The one for the tablet is a HD version

http://www.navionics.com/en/mobile-pc-app-2

Page 52 of 90 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast