Page 11 of 90 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    For my part I don't have any problem updating my different charts on the same PC

2. Member
    If I'm looking to upgrade then I might as well get the Platinum chips, correct ? As I already have the premium and the gold !

3. Member
    I would agree Boogie as long as your plotter is compatable. There are some special offers out there right now on Platinum. We are running a special promnotion through the month of April.

4. Member
    I have HDS7gen2 and Platinum 912. I want to use my Android tablet onboard to make routes using Navionics USA HD. When will it be able to export/import GPX format? Then it would work with the HDS.

5. ZO6
    Quote Originally Posted by pmnav12 View Post
    Thanks for the feedback Shleprock!
    boogie: So the word must be getting out. Partially correct. We will have a chart called Navionics Plus. It should launch in the next month. You are correct that it will be a blank chart and you can download for a year anywhere you want until the chip is full. This includes freshwater and saltwater for anywhere in the USA as well as the additonal SonarChart layer (of course viewing this depends on the plotter capability). Total retail on chart is $179. There is currently not a "delete" feature on it. Just goes until the 2 gig chip is full. When it goes live, I'll certainly post more on it.

Thomas, I apologize. I didnt get to do your screenshots yet. Been traveling. In office tomorrow. hopefully I can bang a few out.

Wally thanks again.
    Will this new Navionics Plus card work with the LCX 113, 38, 28?

Will this new Navionics Plus card work with the LCX 113, 38, 28?
    The answer is yes but if you want to look by yourself:
    The new chip is a Hotmap Premium & Gold
    Compatibility list:
    http://www.navionics.com/sites/www.n...th2013.pdf.pdf

7. ZO6

Navionics plus

Is there a way to look at detail of what you are down loading before you download?
    Thanks

Click on the region you want to see and zoom in

WebApp | Navionics

9. Member
    pmnav12

I purchased the Marine & Lakes USA thinking I was getting the entired U.S. for the purchase price. As I found out that's not true, is there any way to get the lake maps for the U.S. without having to pay $99 per state. As it is I would have been better off purching the SE U.S.

Please Help

10. Member
    Gary: the exporting from mobile to plotter is a software function and wifi capability of the plotter. Currently only Raymarine has set up the software to do that. This is actually a better question for Navico. they have to put I nthe software to the HDS for a router input or a wifi set up to be able to accomplish. if they do, they yes, it would then be available. Z06: Actually I have to correct Andre (which is a first) the LCX will not run the new Nav+ or Nav update. We did some testing and the unit is not capable of the data separation in its current software design

11. Member
    bmatthews:I guess someone didn't explain it properly to you. We actually don't make a chip that has the "entire" USA on it. Too much data for any plotter to run. with that being said, you also don't have to pay $99 per state. The options are: an upgrade that would be $99 and allow you to upgrade your M&L chart to allow you to download anywhere in the USA until the card is full but that may be a few months away yet. still in development. A product called Nav Update which for $99 will allow you to download anywhere in the USA (coming end of April) until chart is full (about 2 gigs). Lastly grabbing one of the Premium regions which is multi state at $149 depending which areas you want covered.

pmnav12:
    Actually I have to correct Andre (which is a first) the LCX will not run the new Nav+ or Nav update
    Never too late to learn something new
    Thanks for the update!

13. Member
    Great info guys, thanks!

Hi !
    Just bought a Nav. Plat. West for HDS7 Gen 1. I've heard something about registering the chip within 60 days. How do you do this? I got on Navionics .com and all I could find is "update" and "download" I downloaded the "store". With the chip, I got a card reader. From what I read on the package all I have to do is put the chip in the card reader, plug it into my laptop, and press "update". Is that really it? Do I "lock" or "unlock" the chip before updates? Any advice will be appreciated !!!
    Thanks, Scott
    Scott Inman

15. Member
    So......I've had a brain-fart. I was going to buy a new Platinum South chip at Bass Pro the other day but was talking in to buying the Marine and Lakes chart instead.....so I could just download Alabama, and save $100. Well, the BPS employee tells me that I'd get the Platinum data but just of one state. Well, obviously that's not the case. So, I've already opened the chart, downloaded Alabama, and found out it wasn't what I wanted. And I'm out the $100 because the chip can't be returned once its opened. I went back in this thread and remembered that with this particular chart you only get the 'Premium' charting, not Platinum, which was what I was wanting. I've got an email in to Navionics to see if they'll exchange it, but they're typically a few days responding.

Quote Originally Posted by scotti509 View Post
    Hi !
    Just bought a Nav. Plat. West for HDS7 Gen 1. I've heard something about registering the chip within 60 days. How do you do this? I got on Navionics .com and all I could find is "update" and "download" I downloaded the "store". With the chip, I got a card reader. From what I read on the package all I have to do is put the chip in the card reader, plug it into my laptop, and press "update". Is that really it? Do I "lock" or "unlock" the chip before updates? Any advice will be appreciated !!!
    Thanks, Scott
    Check this:

pmnav12 and All - Great Thread!

Newbie with a new ELite 7 HDI.

I fish a "border" lake - Clark Hill which is a state line lake for GA/SC. I see GA/SC are listed as different cards. Will both state have Clark Hill with identical maps?

Also, Is the Platinum what I want to purchase? the slight price increase is no issue if so and Who has the best deal on these today!

thanks!

Hoganapex: you're Elite can't read a Platinium

Quote Originally Posted by wallyandre View Post
    Hoganapex: you're Elite can't read a Platinium

thanks! emphasis on newbie lol

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hoganapex View Post
    pmnav12 and All - Great Thread!

Newbie with a new ELite 7 HDI.

I fish a "border" lake - Clark Hill which is a state line lake for GA/SC. I see GA/SC are listed as different cards. Will both state have Clark Hill with identical maps?

Also, Is the Platinum what I want to purchase? the slight price increase is no issue if so and Who has the best deal on these today!

thanks!
    dogbytecomputer.com has the best deal I've found...
    2011 Nitro Z9 / Mercury Optimax 250 Pro XS

Page 11 of 90 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast