When it comes to reels one of the major powerhouses over the past 10 years has been the Shimano Citica, and that is what we will be focusing on today. The Citica has been a great option for beginning tournament anglers for years and the new 200G6 is no exception.

I have personally owned a few Citicas over the years, starting with the first one offered. Though that one was a little bulky by today’s standards it has been an old favorite for years. Every new model has gotten better and this one is no exception. When I first got my hands wrapped around this one it was like shaking hands with an old friend that has lost some weight and got in better shape than ever before.

I like to use the Citica mainly under two circumstances; the first is if i need to cast a light lure a long distance, the second is if i am going to use the same lure for a long period of time. The ability of the Citica to cast a lure effortlessly at distance makes it very comfortable for all day use. At the $130 price point you will be hard pressed to find a better reel for all around use.

The Citica features parts and pieces most other reels in its price point also possess but there is just something about how the Citica does it that makes it all feel so right when it comes together. Take the aluminum frame for instance, that being paired with the lightweight graphite sideplates is nothing new to the reel industry but Shimano put it together in a way that feels like you could drop it time-and-time again and not have to ever worry about cracking a sideplate. Perhaps my favorite feature though is something that every reel has to have but Shimano does something with their magic at the factory, the QuickFire II clutch bar, there is just something about it that “clicks” and makes casting more intuitive......

For the rest of the article please visit http://badponchooutdoors.com/?p=3430