Clubhouse Moderator

Road Glide Ultra

Wife asked me to rent one of these last week because she wanted to see how comfortable the back is. Well we put 350 miles on yesterday and she was ready to keep going. Man, I can't get over how smooth that bike is. I wound it up to 90 on 75 just to feel how stable it was. That thing was like a rock. Goobs of power, very comfortable. In 6th cursing at 70 @2500rpm. She woke up early this morning and said she's ready to hit the road again. Looks like I'm going to be in the market for a Road Glide Ultra.....and I said 10 years ago I would never own a bike with full faring and a radio. Well guess when you hit your 40's all bets are off...

2. Member
    I ride with a guy who has a roadie and he loves it says it's more stable than my electra glide ultra classic . No wind viberations in the bars keeps your hands more relaxed thus not as tired. Turn the radio on, set the cruise, sit back and watch the miles roll by. We have the head sets for the radio which also has an intercom built in so we don't have to yell to talk to each other.

3. Member
    Would be what I was on if my wife would ride a two wheeler with me.

4. Member
    Just bought one 2 weeks ago. Love it. My last 3 bikes where Ulta Classics and one of them was a Limited. Like the RG better

5. Banned
    Like a hotfoot and hydraulic jackplate in a boat and a fairing and a radio on a Harley...I cant imagine doing without any of em!

If ya happen to get a RG and ya just want a little more air in you face, get a Klock Werks 12". The fairing blocks the body wind and the Werks shield allows some wind in the face. Helmet buffeting isn't to bad. I have a 08RG. Not a Custom or an Ultra. I have put 3k on it since 6/30.

7. Member
    I'm having a shimmy problem with mine. Took it to the shop at 600 miles and they adjusted the steering bearing. I now have 1300 miles on it and it started shimming again this morning on the way to work. It start when I am slowing down and let go of the bars.

Quote Originally Posted by rancher View Post
    I'm having a shimmy problem with mine. Took it to the shop at 600 miles and they adjusted the steering bearing. I now have 1300 miles on it and it started shimming again this morning on the way to work. It start when I am slowing down and let go of the bars.
    That's a common problem with them right now. It can be fixed though. I can't remember if I read it on here or HD-Forum though??

9. Member
    I read about it on the H-D Forum, thought they had a fix for it in the head.

They found what I guess is a common problem with my fuse blowing in a shorted wire under the starter cover. Some of the joys of HD Ownership.

10. Member
    my fiance bought me a 2012 Sunglo Red road Glide Ultra Nov last year, loving every minute i spend on it! She and i are heading to the outer banks in a couple weeks on it.

11. Member
    Grandpa if you decide to loose the fiance let me know But only if she still has the $$ to keep buying HD's

12. Member
    haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa don't think so!

I have a 2011 Road Glide Ultra. I have had it in for the front end wobble five times. (15k) This last time the mechanic set the swing to what he called the new specs.And they wanted to charge me for it because they said it was a service item. I contacted HD customer service and told them about it. They are aware of it but not on my bike. Make sure you document it with their CS, the dealer does not always document it with them, if it becomes a warranty issue you will have documentation. ( that info came from HD customer service rep) They ended up doing it under warranty and i have ridden about 2500 mi. since with no problems. The front end is a little tighter but not bad. Other than that i love the bike. Installed a Fulsac exhaust to get rid of the catalitic converter and did a custom tune and have been happy ever since.

Don't be Dull, Let Your Boat Shine with Pro-Tec WWW.PROTECPRODUCTS.COM

14. Member
    Getting ready to take my RG back in again for the wobble. I love the bike until the wobble starts then I get pissed that HD would still sell it knowing they have a problem.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandpa View Post
    my fiance bought me a 2012 Sunglo Red road Glide Ultra Nov last year, loving every minute i spend on it! She and i are heading to the outer banks in a couple weeks on it.
    I just saw this exact bike locally at a dealer a few days ago. Super sharp. I ride w/ a guy that has an all black RG ultra from 2010 I believe. Super nice bike. I have a Road King Classic and was suprised how different it is.

I'm looking for a 2012 CVO RG like in this picture. Has to have the same paint, I think they call it Maple but I call it Root Beer. Saw one at a dealership and thought it was a 2013. Figured I could wait awhile until I bought one. Now I know that they didn't make but a few and it's a 2012. If any of you see one out there, please let me know. I don't care where it is located. Thanks!!!

Road Glide CVO 2012_575.jpg

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
    I just saw this exact bike locally at a dealer a few days ago. Super sharp. I ride w/ a guy that has an all black RG ultra from 2010 I believe. Super nice bike. I have a Road King Classic and was suprised how different it is.
    i'm done with black bikes, i wanted white myself, but fiance wasn't having none of that lol said ti would look like a cop bike haaaa

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazer1 View Post
    I'm looking for a 2012 CVO RG like in this picture. Has to have the same paint, I think they call it Maple but I call it Root Beer. Saw one at a dealership and thought it was a 2013. Figured I could wait awhile until I bought one. Now I know that they didn't make but a few and it's a 2012. If any of you see one out there, please let me know. I don't care where it is located. Thanks!!!

Road Glide CVO 2012_575.jpg
    Just traded a 2011 Ulta Limited in the Root Beer color for a new RG. It was a pain to keep clean. Very sharp bike though.

19. Member
    so what pipes are y'all runiing on your road glide? i have to get some, or so the fiance says lol heck i like stock, i can hear the stereo at 75 on the hwy.

D&D Fat cat if you want one of the best performing. It is a 2 into 1 pipe. They make a blank(ghost pipe) for the left side, but at $400 for a fake pipe most leave that side empty. My bike has the D&D in black. My neighbor just put a chrome one on his 2011 UC. It is really good looking. It is not super loud at highway speed but has a really good rumble while pulling under load. Reminds me of the rumble of a big block muscle car.
    Last edited by Skeet'r89; 10-16-2012 at 09:09 PM.