Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hydro Tec performance gains..

I've read several posts on here with guys asking what kind of performance gains could be had with one of Hydro Tec's phase kits. Well I'm posting this to help answer some questions. First of all the boat, 06 ZX 200 skeeter, 200 hpdi. Stock form after break-in.. 69.4 gps, stock 25 t1. Phase 1 kit, heads and reeds, slightly tweeked 25 t1 6000 rpm, 74.5.. Current animal ( ) ............. Stuff, stock TXP, gps speed backed by another gps, 85.1 - 85.2, sticky water (calm)..
    6050 - 6100 rpm... The prop needs to be massaged... If you have questions, call Nathan @ Hydro Tec..

P.S. Nathan, Thankyou again for the help!!

2. Member

Re: Hydro Tec performance gains.. (insanebug)

Did you get a phase II then? I don't see jumping 10mph going to a txp? I am very interested in a hydrotech kit....

Re: Hydro Tec performance gains.. (EJP)

I'm a bit confused too. You went from 69 mph stock to 85 mph with your Hydrotec parts? That is a huge increase. A Skeeter with a 200 running 85 gps is definately rare.

4. Member

good times! i set up and drove the boat last friday. trust me i was shocked myself.

Re: Hydro Tec performance gains.. (nathan4738)

Nice talking to you today Nathan...

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

6. Member

Don't be confused,, key word was "stuff" after current animal... I would say that the current phase kit is a II plus... There is definately a huge difference from last year to current configuration, and a stock TXP!!! If you are considering a phase kit at all, I am proof that you WILL see a definate difference.. Nathan and Hydro Tec have the answers, and you won't be dissapointed...

Thanks again to Nathan for getting my back on this subject!!

7. Member

Congratulations insanebug thats some good #'s for sure. Them guys at hydrotec really Know their stuff
    John

Re: Hydro Tec performance gains.. (onewht193)

Good numbers

9. Member

Re: Hydro Tec performance gains.. (21XDC)

mike,
    we appreciate the phone call.
    thanks

10. Michigan Bass Club Moderator CGWright's Avatar

Can't believe this post just drifted away to the bottom. Can you give anymore details on the mods you did? The cost? Repeat of the speeds and what load you were runnin'? Sounds too good to be true, but I can't be a doubter without hearing more! I wanna know.....

To report any post you disagree with press Alt + F4.

11. Iowa/Wisconsin/Hunting & Gun Lodge/Stroker Moderator Wags's Avatar

Re: Hydro Tec performance gains.. (CGWright)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CGWright &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Can't believe this post just drifted away to the bottom. Can you give anymore details on the mods you did? The cost? Repeat of the speeds and what load you were runnin'? Sounds too good to be true, but I can't be a doubter without hearing more! I wanna know..... </TD></TR></TABLE>

Dotto
    LeaLea

Re: Hydro Tec performance gains.. (Wags186)

It depends on what motor, what boat, what phase kit, and how well it is set up.

Someday I hope to find out what it does on a 250 yamaha/22ft Bullet.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

13. Member

Ahhh... Ok, a few more tidbits are in order..... Recap, boat, 06 ZX-200, 3.3 Litre HPDI. The phase kit that is in use is what I'd call a "phase 2+", or maybe a phase 3... Some of what it includes: Recreational heads, carbon fiber reeds, big bore throttle body and spacer kit, solid motor mounts, and a tuner. The speeds were very repeatable, Nathan drove the boat to 85.0 and 85.2, I (about 50 or so pounds heavier) was getting 83.6 - 84.2 then I re-learned how to drive my boat, and clocked off 85.1 followed by 85.2. The load was FULL fuel both tanks, one person, the only weight missing was my maybe 100 pounds of fishing gear. With two people the boat actually still carried very well, to the tune of 83.4 and climbing until it was suggested I don't do that anymore as SHE didn't appreciate going that fast.. And very stable, actually suprisingly stable... Cost is up there, but how much is it worth to have an 85 mph skeeter? In other words, after driving it and knowing there's more left in prop work, priceless...

14. Michigan Bass Club Moderator CGWright's Avatar

I am impressed!

I think maybe there's a Michigan Bullet owner that is drooling!
    (and hoping that there isn't a Skeeter owner that may be able to run with him with only a 200! )

Dont' worry, Mike, I got too much warranty left!

I may have a lil' sum sum up my sleeve...

16. Michigan Bass Club Moderator CGWright's Avatar

Re: Hydro Tec performance gains.. (21XDC)

Or in your head?

That throttle body, spacer, tuner and mounts really did the trick over the phase I. Did you disconnect the limiter and run it? Any re-mapping? What size TXP are you using?
    Larry Eby, 2004 ChampioN 188 Elite/2003 200 Hp Vmax OX66
    "Romans 10:9"

19. Member

Yeah, but that stuff is only part of the equation... Unfortunately, as of yet anyway, there is no way (that I or Hydro Tec know of) to disconnect the limiter, and it is a stock (not necessarily 200) ECU. 28 pitch TXP.

Side Bar..... reputation disclaimer
    I am well aware of the fact that this isn't the fastest boat in the water, and I'm sure there are some guys out there reading this that are saying to themselves "get a load of this guy". But I couldn't believe how simple it was to take my boat in stock form running 69 ish. and tweak it and basically bolt on parts (bad azz parts) and have it perform like it does.. I owe it all to the crew at Hydro Tec .....

Hey Mike, I'd recommend doing both heads at the same time, otherwise one side of the engine will be making more power than the other side, and cause a possible lean or pull!!!! Keep us posted on what that Bullet runs with mods!!!

20. Member
    Prairieville, Louisiana / Zolfo Springs, Florida

Hey bug anytime you can make a lead sled like that run them kind of numbers you are doing something!! (no disrespect intended with lead sled)
    With them mods on that little 200 you probably have more hp then my 300!
    I am still waiting on a mod for the ecu! Until then I think I am at my limit as of speed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast