Thread: Motor Pricing

Motor Pricing

I am looking for a motor for my new Procat 200. I came across this and was wondering if this is right since I have not bought a large motor since 2005 and it was used a1999 with 180 hrs. This seller is pretty adamant on the pricing. I offered him around 9k and was almost laughed at. Is this about the normal pricing or am I closer? Here is the link.

EVINRUDE E-TEC 175HP**2012 MODEL**25" SHAFT | eBay

I wouldn't put that on a bassboat. It has a 25" shaft. The standard is 20" for bassboats. It would be difficult getting the prop-shaft height set where you need it with that extra long shaft.
    Gitcha Bass On!

2015 ZX225

3. Member
    Thanks, My new boat needs a 25 in shaft. Wish it used a 20 there are a lot of them.

4. Member

5. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Just be aware, when it comes time to install your new E-tec, a BRP dealer must sign off on the install so your warranty is valid. They aren't like the old carbed motors where you can just hang 'em gas 'em and go. Need to use a laptop to prime the oil system and set the motor to breakin modes.

6. Member
    Looked at the 150 and it had ended with no bids. I would like to stick a 175 on boat as that is what it is rated for. Thanks!