Ethanol blended fuel

Hey everyone. Does anybody know what the problems are with running ethanol blended fuel. It seems that in New Jersey, most stations are using it becuase of the new regulations. Have been running my 150 VMAX HPDI with not problems as of yet but am not sure if I am using the blended fuel. Only some stations advise you that you are buying ethanol fuel. The motor is brand new and I dont want to kill it yet. Thanks

Re: Ethanol blended fuel (DSmith1178)

I am curious about this also. Seems like I saw in manual that 10% blend was OK but will have to check for sure.

And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
    Matthew 4:19

3. NC Bass Club/Yamaha Motors Moderator BuzzB8's Avatar

Re: Ethanol blended fuel (DSmith1178)

There have been recent posts here on this board about this topic. Here's the scoop.

You can run ethanol blended fuel, up to 10%, and it will be fine. Nothing blended above 10% and no methanol blends. So far, us North Carolinians are lucky.

Re: Ethanol blended fuel (BuzzB8)

We have been running 10-15% ethanol blended fuel here for years. No issues.

E85 is another story, as it requires a Flex-Fuel vehicle.

The major issue years ago, the rubber diaphrams would not tolerate the ethanol well, and would crack.

All of the major auto, outboard and other motor manufacturers have been installing ethanol tolerant rubber for many years, now.

If you have an outboard that is older than the early 80's, you MAY have some issues, or you may not. Over 8 years ago, I was running a 1955 Evinrude Big Twin 25 on ethanol blend, and never had a problem.

http://www.minnbass.com

“A ‘Liberal Paradise’ would be a place where everybody has guaranteed employment, free comprehensive healthcare, free education, free food, free housing, free clothing, free utilities, and only Law Enforcement has guns.

And . . . believe it or not, such a place does indeed exist … It's called prison.”

5. Member

Re: Ethanol blended fuel (imbass)

Are you sure on that 10-15% number? I think the state regulated limit is 10% max http://www.revisor.leg.state.m...=ls84

If you read that, you will see that the flippin communists that run this state are requireing 20% by Agust 2013 - this will surely ruin many engines and cause major problems -

Too Close for Missles, switching to guns!

I for one have am tired of this ethaonol crap!