Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyD11 View Post
    If I'm following the contour at a low trolling speed and I have a cross wind. If that wind blows me off path will the trolling motor speed up to get me back on the contour line or just struggle to move back towards the line due to the low trolling speed.

you will have to adjust the speed to stay on track. You can set it to run at a certain speed or you can keep turning up the prop speed till it stays on track better but you will have to adjust the speed for conditions

2. Member
    Depends how windy it is,how large your boat is and how many pounds of thrust you have. It will increase thrust if off line on the contour but may or may not get there depending on the variables. Use cruise control. Bob

3. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ntslam View Post
    you will have to adjust the speed to stay on track. You can set it to run at a certain speed or you can keep turning up the prop speed till it stays on track better but you will have to adjust the speed for conditions
    Cruise control can help with that a bit ...

X2 BC!
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

I don't have the Link .... Just I-pilot .... so I don't have the follow contour. The regular I-pilot does have cruise control and it works really good. with cruise control, the unit tries to maintain a selected speed ... not prop speed, but GPS speed. The prop will speed up and slow down as necessary to maintain the selected speed.
    I am using cruise control a large % of the time since I like to troll. I use cruise control even when casting down a bank or rip-rap and vary the course setting as needed to keep the casting distance I want.
    __________________________________________________ ___

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**
    __________________________________________________ ___

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N

5. Member
    i-Pilot Link with Bluetooth (Version 1.240)
    Release Date: 02/14/2018
    Description:
    Controller V1.240
    Remote V1.140
    This update includes:
    Controller

• Added the ability to control your Talon Shallow Water Anchor(s) from your Link remote as well as added a “Talon Down” option for Arrival Mode.

Remote

• Added support for Talon Shallow Water Anchor

There are two files in this zipped folder. One file for HELIX networkable products and one file for SOLIX, ONIX and ION. Your Humminbird unit will recognize the appropriate file once you have unzipped the file according to the instructions.

Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

6. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

7. Member
    I have interference on my di and si mega when the terrvor is on anything up to 9.5 once you put it on 10 speed it is clear no interference at all disconnect the Ethernet cable it run fine no interference I even ran the Ethernet cable up and across the deck away from every other cable still got interference the transducer is at the back of the boat 6meters from the motor any ideas

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigdog72 View Post
    I have interference on my di and si mega when the terrvor is on anything up to 9.5 once you put it on 10 speed it is clear no interference at all disconnect the Ethernet cable it run fine no interference I even ran the Ethernet cable up and across the deck away from every other cable still got interference the transducer is at the back of the boat 6meters from the motor any ideas
    Had the same issue... I had to reroute my trolling motor power cables cause they were making contact with one of the Ethernet cables coming from the bow. Make sure all Humminbird cables are as far apart from the trolling motor cables as possible

9. Member
    I posted this under trolling motors with no response. I have a 2014 36v Terrova with I-link (no bluetooth). I sit in back of a 20' boat and use spot lock/follow the contour a lot. Is it better to mount an AS GPS HS in the back by my locator or in the front by the trolling motor. Somehow I feel that since the TM looks at the map for following the contour, if I install the puck by the trolling motor it would track better eliminating a 17' differential. What do you guys think?
    2013 Lund 2010 Pro Guide, 150 Verado SN:2B024387
    2X Helix 12's Mega G2N's, Lvl. 2 Merc Monitor

10. Member
    Your AS GPS HS should be as close to the transducer as possible for most accurate mapping. The trolling motor uses the GPS location information from your map and the trolling motor will follow the track properly using it own internal GPS.
    2014 ZX190, 175 HPDI
    HELIX 10 CHIRP MEGA SI GPS G2N

11. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    I generally use the trolling motor for guidance, and that's the #1 HS GPS location.
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI

12. Member
    Thanks Guys, Mike F answered it in the other thread by posting info from Minn Kota. For some reason I thought the TM got everything from the Locator when you had I-Pilot I-Link. I guess not. Follow the contour comes from the Locator but spot lock comes from the Trolling Motors GPS and not the locator. So now why are the 2015 and newer trolling motors better at spot lock?
    Ches.

Quote Originally Posted by Ches. View Post
    Thanks Guys, Mike F answered it in the other thread by posting info from Minn Kota. For some reason I thought the TM got everything from the Locator when you had I-Pilot I-Link. I guess not. Follow the contour comes from the Locator but spot lock comes from the Trolling Motors GPS and not the locator. So now why are the 2015 and newer trolling motors better at spot lock?
    Ches.
    The new 2017-2018 models that come with the heading sensor have the better spot lock. That is because GPS cannot calculate direction when going less than .6 mph. The heading sensor gives direction regardless of speed. It is what is used for the jogging feature so if you want to jog left, the motor will know where left is.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

14. Member
    FAQ from Humminbird on GPS with IPilot/Link
    https://www.humminbird.com/Category/...k_GPS_Control/
    Wes
    2023 Phoenix 818

15. Member
    Can anyone with one of the XX9/XXX9 series units (ver 7.79 software) and any of the new Bluetooth TM with/Link confirm that you can initiate Circle Mode? Thanks in advance.
    Wes
    2023 Phoenix 818

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    The new 2017-2018 models that come with the heading sensor have the better spot lock. That is because GPS cannot calculate direction when going less than .6 mph. The heading sensor gives direction regardless of speed. It is what is used for the jogging feature so if you want to jog left, the motor will know where left is.
    Thanks Wayne
    So the new ones have a heading GPS where the old ones only had a GPS. Wish they had an upgrade for the old (2014) units that would not break the bank. That's kind of what I thought I might be doing by adding the AS GPS HS next to the trolling motor. But if it still uses its GPS I will place it at the back of the boat by Ducer and Locators.
    Ches.

Quote Originally Posted by Ches. View Post
    Thanks Wayne
    So the new ones have a heading GPS where the old ones only had a GPS. Wish they had an upgrade for the old (2014) units that would not break the bank. That's kind of what I thought I might be doing by adding the AS GPS HS next to the trolling motor. But if it still uses its GPS I will place it at the back of the boat by Ducer and Locators.
    Ches.
    No, the new ones have GPS in the top of the motor and come with a separate Heading Sensor (compass).

The AS GPS HS is a combo GPS/Heading Sensor to connect to a display.

Not related in any way.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    No, the new ones have GPS in the top of the motor and come with a separate Heading Sensor (compass).

The AS GPS HS is a combo GPS/Heading Sensor to connect to a display.

Not related in any way.
    So if I have an ultrerra with link I cannot access the heading sensor in the ultrerra on my helix? Just wanting to make sure, because if I can, then I ordered a heading sensor for no good reason.. Lol

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by exx1976 View Post
    So if I have an ultrerra with link I cannot access the heading sensor in the ultrerra on my helix? Just wanting to make sure, because if I can, then I ordered a heading sensor for no good reason.. Lol
    No. They aren't the same thing and not compatible.
    Wes
    2023 Phoenix 818

20. Member
    I’ve got a new ultrex with 2 helix 10s networked. Can’t get the “follow the contour” to come up. Have the v7 card for Wi. Do you need the Lakemaster Plus card or should the regular card work?

Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast