Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast
  1. Member
    Should work with any Lakemaster card or Autochart. Sometimes it can seem picky about selecting the contour and you may need to zoom in to select the desired contour.
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

2. Member

Newbe question

Have a 16 ft Carolina skiff which I updated a very old FF to a Garmin Striker 7SV. Shortly there after my wife bought me a new (2018) Terrova. If I understand things correctly the Garmin will not "talk to" the Minn Kota Terrova. Could you please help me out with a bit of advise as to what FF I should be looking at to replace the Garmin? Have noticed the Hummingbird helix units but my budget keeps me at a helix 9 or below. Will a helix 7 DI chirp GPS G2N work with the Terrova? What does the "N" designate? Models without the "N" are somewhat less money.

Is the transducer which comes with the helix 7 a HD transducer or should it be exchanged for a better one?

Thanks in advance

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by dougsappllc View Post
    Have a 16 ft Carolina skiff which I updated a very old FF to a Garmin Striker 7SV. Shortly there after my wife bought me a new (2018) Terrova. If I understand things correctly the Garmin will not "talk to" the Minn Kota Terrova. Could you please help me out with a bit of advise as to what FF I should be looking at to replace the Garmin? Have noticed the Hummingbird helix units but my budget keeps me at a helix 9 or below. Will a helix 7 DI chirp GPS G2N work with the Terrova? What does the "N" designate? Models without the "N" are somewhat less money.

Is the transducer which comes with the helix 7 a HD transducer or should it be exchanged for a better one?

Thanks in advance

Doug
    The "N" means Networkable, same as all the versions of Helix 9, Helix 10, and Helix 12's. It takes an Ethernet capable unit to "talk" to the iPilot LINK.
    There are first generation and G2 Helix 5 and Helix 7's, none of those are Ethernet capable.

The Helix 7 SI models (all three) come with the Compact SI transducer. You can exchange it for the HDSI via Humminbird Customer Service (about $85 including shipping). It will not add the 800 kHz capability to the Helix 7, just produce sharper images due to the 2" extra length.

The US2 in the Terrova does not do any Imaging of any kind (not even with a Garmin), it is 2D sonar only. If you want DI on the trolling motor, you would want to exchange the included transom transducer for the trolling motor puck version.
    There are two choice for those.
    XTM 9 DI 25 T is tuned to the same frequencies as the transom DI transducer (200/455 kHz for 2D and 455/800 kHz for DI).
    XTM 9 WIDE DI 20 T is tuned to 83/200 kHz 2D sonar
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

4. Member
    I am looking to make a major upgrade to my boat with a Ultrex 80/45 ipilot link, HB 10” Mega SI at console and moving my 998 to the bow.

My question is what all do i need to purchase with these so that the Ultrex is linked to the 998 and the mega is sharing waypoints and gps?
    I am currently with a 998 at the console sharing gps and waypoints with a 898 at the bow. Appreciate any help!

Quote Originally Posted by Ladr6 View Post
    I am looking to make a major upgrade to my boat with a Ultrex 80/45 ipilot link, HB 10” Mega SI at console and moving my 998 to the bow.

My question is what all do i need to purchase with these so that the Ultrex is linked to the 998 and the mega is sharing waypoints and gps?
    I am currently with a 998 at the console sharing gps and waypoints with a 898 at the bow. Appreciate any help!
    The Helix, the 998, and the iPilot LINK are Ethernet connections. To have more than two Ethernet connections takes the AS ETH 5PXG Ethernet Switch.
    Each device connects directly to the Switch with an Ethernet cable.
    If you want the 898 connected, that is an additional Ethernet cable between it and the Switch.

The Helix needs the AS EC QDE Ethernet adapter to connect an Ethernet cable to it.
    The iPilot LINK comes with a 30' Ethernet extension cable.
    You would need two or three more Ethernet cables for the units.

If you are currently using the AS INTERLINK, that is not compatible with any of the above.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    The Helix, the 998, and the iPilot LINK are Ethernet connections. To have more than two Ethernet connections takes the AS ETH 5PXG Ethernet Switch.
    Each device connects directly to the Switch with an Ethernet cable.
    If you want the 898 connected, that is an additional Ethernet cable between it and the Switch.

The Helix needs the AS EC QDE Ethernet adapter to connect an Ethernet cable to it.
    The iPilot LINK comes with a 30' Ethernet extension cable.
    You would need two or three more Ethernet cables for the units.

If you are currently using the AS INTERLINK, that is not compatible with any of the above.
    What is the AS interlink? I currently only have one ethernet cable to the 898 from the 998

What is the AS interlink? I currently only have one ethernet cable to the 898 from the 998
    That is the accessory that was used before Ethernet to share waypoints between two units
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

I’m constantly getting data download errors on my ultrex i-Pilot link remote. I can use it to steer, spotlock, cruise, etc. when I try to goto a waypoint, I get a message indicating an error downloading data. Bird units are solix 12. Everything is on current software. Power is wired correctly (12.4-12.7 at bow all day). I’m On my second head unit. Can’t believe the second one would have went bad in 2 weeks. Any thoughts, suggestions, or troubleshooting steps?

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

9. Member
    Don't see that error listed anyplace. Minn Kota or HB should know what causes them. If I had to try without them I would look at the Ethernet switch. Bad power connection or loose cables connectors? Good luck. Bob

10. Member
    I'm getting the same error message on my Ulterra + 2xSolix 12 SI + ethernet hub set up. Called MK. They said it was a HB issue. Called HB and they said it was a MK issue. Neither had heard of the problem before.
    One way I've discovered to solve the issue that sometimes works is to turn off the remote and the TM. Then turn on the remote and then the TM. Don't have a clue why that works but sometimes it does.
    I'm now wondering if it is a low voltage issue.
    Any help would greatly be appreciated!

INTERLINK is the waypoint sharing accessory before Ethernet was implemented. It worked with the units older than the XX9 models like yours.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

12. Member
    There is an ipilot Bluetooth remote update. I happened to be changing my trolling motor plug and turned on my ipilot App. I powered up the Ulterra to check my work, and the app told me there was an update. I hit download and it loaded in a couple minutes. I turned on the remote and it said there was a new update and loaded in about a minute. Very painless! Unlike trying to update your Solix using FishSmart(too long to be useful.) Comment was minor Bug fixes. Had to get back home so have not run it yet. I hope to tomorrow. Bob
    Note: can't find it on the sites but it was ipilot link remote software. It was higher than 2.010 (maybe 2.050) but the app won't tell me as I am not in range of the Ulterra now! Will get down there tomorrow.
    Last edited by bobcoy; 08-15-2019 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post
    There is an ipilot Bluetooth remote update. I happened to be changing my trolling motor plug and turned on my ipilot App. I powered up the Ulterra to check my work, and the app told me there was an update. I hit download and it loaded in a couple minutes. I turned on the remote and it said there was a new update and loaded in about a minute. Very painless! Unlike trying to update your Solix using FishSmart(too long to be useful.) Comment was minor Bug fixes. Had to get back home so have not run it yet. I hope to tomorrow. Bob
    What is the version number?
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

14. Member
    I was just adding a note to my post

15. Member
    Confirmed: 2.050 for Bluetooth remote. No testing though. Turned into a busy day

16. Member
    Thanks for posting. It is sometimes months for me before knowing there's a new update on the TMs and good they aren't real frequent...LOL
    Wes
    2023 Phoenix 818

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post
    Confirmed: 2.050 for Bluetooth remote. No testing though. Turned into a busy day
    Was out today and checked for the 2.05 version. It indicated the new update on the phone app and updated the remote only. Didn't see anything yet on the Humminbird web earlier today. Last time out, GPS/Heading source was working and wouldn't work today. Don't think the update had anything to do with it. Only out for a short time so didn't figure out the problem. Tried different power up sequences with TM and units but nothing changed. Everything shows connected on the network. The TM GPS seemed to be working with other TM functions (spotlock, etc.). Will try again next time out.
    Wes
    2023 Phoenix 818

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by draff55975 View Post
    I'm getting the same error message on my Ulterra + 2xSolix 12 SI + ethernet hub set up. Called MK. They said it was a HB issue. Called HB and they said it was a MK issue. Neither had heard of the problem before.
    One way I've discovered to solve the issue that sometimes works is to turn off the remote and the TM. Then turn on the remote and then the TM. Don't have a clue why that works but sometimes it does.
    I'm now wondering if it is a low voltage issue.
    Any help would greatly be appreciated!
    Try turning off I-pilot sync. Go to Home. Select and NavData click Options. See page 23 of the i-Pilot Link for Solix, Onix and ION operations guide.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by larryr1 View Post
    I’ve got a new ultrex with 2 helix 10s networked. Can’t get the “follow the contour” to come up. Have the v7 card for Wi. Do you need the Lakemaster Plus card or should the regular card work?
    I'm sure figured out that you must select the contour first before the menu options show up to "follow the contour".

20. Member
    Can I use an RC2 remote for spotlock with the Solix FF? I have it bluetoothed to my Solix but the Solix shows the TM link with a question mark(?) in the corner of the screen. I It looks like no new software updates for the I-Pilot remote or link. The same update for the old Onix and the new Solix.
    r2.150 link
    r2.040 remote

Rajun Cajun
    Johnson 1995 #J130TLEOP
    S# GO3872031

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast