Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    I'm wondering if you can link the ilink to auto charts on the helix or does it have to be lake master maps?

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Saskcat420 View Post
    I'm wondering if you can link the ilink to auto charts on the helix or does it have to be lake master maps?
    According to the manual, you can but I haven't tried that yet. Hopefully, someone else can verify for you.
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

3. Member
    My home lake is not covered by Lakemaster so I have both my Navionics and auto chart zero line card in my FF at all times. My Autochart shows as an overlay on the Navionics map and can be used for all I-link functions including follow the contour.

4. Member
    Yes. You can record a map then use the I pilot link to follow those contours that were created with the helix

5. Member
    I have Humminbird Onix & Terrova with I Pilot Link on my primary fishing boat. I also have a small 14' aluminum boat that I use occasionally that is too small for my Terrova. Can I record an I Track using just the Onix in the smaller boat while not connected to a Terrova? In other words, does I Track recording capability reside in the Onix independent of a connection to an I Pilot Link Terrova?

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nwifishnut View Post
    I have Humminbird Onix & Terrova with I Pilot Link on my primary fishing boat. I also have a small 14' aluminum boat that I use occasionally that is too small for my Terrova. Can I record an I Track using just the Onix in the smaller boat while not connected to a Terrova? In other words, does I Track recording capability reside in the Onix independent of a connection to an I Pilot Link Terrova?
    I believe you can only record an iTrack when the iPilot control in enabled on the Onyx, and it can't be enabled if the Terrova isn't turned on and linked up. Can' turn the Terrova on if it's not on the boat. I was thinking that the remote could be used, but it has to be linked up to work too.

7. Member
    So I have navionics hot maps platinum Canada and have my lake that is mapped out on auto charts. My lake is not on my navionics card either. How do I over lay my auto chart that I made on the navionics card?

8. Member
    Question if i may.... I purchased the 2 year ext warranty. i have a terrova ipilot/ilink from 2014. So i have the older remote for the system. My remote has developed a issue on the screen. The repair center stated that is should be covered under the warranty. But here is my question... repair center stated they may switch it to the newer remote. Is this a good thing? Or is the older remote better? thanks in advance..

9. Member
    I would definitely take the newer remote. It smaller and touch screen along with customizable. I wish I could trade mine in for the newer one. It's good that they will do that and kinda interesting that they are capable.

http://www.minnkotamotors.com/Produc...----BLUETOOTH/
    Last edited by ntslam; 03-08-2017 at 09:48 AM.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ntslam View Post
    I would definitely take the newer remote. It smaller and touch screen along with customizable. I wish I could trade mine in for the newer one. It's good that they will do that and kinda interesting that they are capable.

http://www.minnkotamotors.com/Produc...----BLUETOOTH/
    I have looked into this..... the older (3 Yrs) can't use the updated remote. Bluetooth wasn't on the older system. :-(

11. Member
    Sorry if this has been covered before but I haven’t been able to find it in this thread. I’ve just installed a new Terrova I pilot Link unit with Blue Tooth. Now it’s time to upgrade the HB for a Link capable unit. Starting to see some Helix 7 and 9 units looking pretty reasonably priced. I’m trying to verify exactly what the difference is in G2 and G2N? I’m assuming this is the communication types between HB units? G2’s talk to G2’s and G2N’s talk to G2N’s? Will both talk to my new 2017 Terrova with link?
    Last question,
    Is the MEGA worth waiting till my funding will allow me to make the purchase?

Dan

12. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Only G2N units can network so you would need a Helix7 (2D, DI or SI) minimum.

G2 has no network ability - the Mega is great, but only you can make the call on the cost.

Very popular, and absolute great images.
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

13. Member
    Question?????
    I just installed and hooked up my 959 Humminbird up to my 2017 Terrova. When the trolling motor is running my depth goes to heck. 8 ft of water to 190 ft and varring depth.
    I need to bring my software up to date on my 959. Do I also need to upload an update for the Terrova? Any other thoughts on why the interference?

14. Member
    I am using a helixG2 9 sonar/gps on my terrova. I am using the us2 transducer in the terrova. I have noticed that if I am in less than 10' of water, the depth reading often doubles showing a false bottom at approximately half the true depth.

So I have navionics hot maps platinum Canada and have my lake that is mapped out on auto charts. My lake is not on my navionics card either. How do I over lay my auto chart that I made on the navionics card?
    When you view Auto Chart Live, it is overlayed on whatever map background you have displayed, Navionics, Lakemaster, ContourXD, Uni-map, or HB Basemap.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorgy View Post
    Question?????
    I just installed and hooked up my 959 Humminbird up to my 2017 Terrova. When the trolling motor is running my depth goes to heck. 8 ft of water to 190 ft and varring depth.
    I need to bring my software up to date on my 959. Do I also need to upload an update for the Terrova? Any other thoughts on why the interference?
    Did you download the Phone App? 2017 Models can use either the phone app or update the TM from the FF. The phone app will tell you if there is an update or log onto MyHumminbird and check to see if there is an update for the TM (assuming you registered it on HB).
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Sorgy View Post
    Question?????
    Which 959 do you have and what transducer do you have connected?

RFI causes depth issues, that is something that some have to deal with when using a transducer in or on a trolling motor. Humminbird Customer Service may can help with that, start there.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

18. Member
    Can I follow the contour on my navionics platinm + card or do you need a lakemaster card ?

Quote Originally Posted by Pigdog72 View Post
    Can I follow the contour on my navionics platinm + card or do you need a lakemaster card ?
    Follow-the-contour only works with HD Lakemaster, Auto Chart, and Auto Chart Live.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

20. Member
    If I'm following the contour at a low trolling speed and I have a cross wind. If that wind blows me off path will the trolling motor speed up to get me back on the contour line or just struggle to move back towards the line due to the low trolling speed.

Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast