Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    I am getting ready to pull the trigger on the terrova 80/us2/ i- pilot link. I have read this forum completely and cannot find the answer to a question I have. I know with my fortrex once in a blue moon when I unload the boat it will hit the roller barely. Now with the terrova hanging so much further over the bow what issues am I going to have. Is there a way to mount it so it will not hit roller.

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Slueth View Post
    I am getting ready to pull the trigger on the terrova 80/us2/ i- pilot link. I have read this forum completely and cannot find the answer to a question I have. I know with my fortrex once in a blue moon when I unload the boat it will hit the roller barely. Now with the terrova hanging so much further over the bow what issues am I going to have. Is there a way to mount it so it will not hit roller.
    I used this mounting plate

Minn Kota: Trolling Motors: MKA-47 Universal Mounting Bracket

3. Member
    Thanks fishfood that will be perfect.

4. Member
    I didn't use the removal mount because of the wires... I tucked them under the front panel of my boat. So it's nice and tight up there. keep in mind that the shaft needs more clearance when deployed since it folds straight down somewhat. I have tested my system on the water and it's unreal..... example... I made a waypoint 005 and wanted to return to it. I had broken two lines on crappie poles. So I told my ipilot remote to take me back to waypoint 005. The remote told me I was 465yards away. I jumped down off the seat and re-tie baits on those poles as it took me back to waypoint 005. I also have mine set up to go into spot lock once it arrives. So I was able to re-tie those two rods without having to steer myself.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BassmanFishing View Post
    I didn't use the removal mount because of the wires... I tucked them under the front panel of my boat. So it's nice and tight up there. keep in mind that the shaft needs more clearance when deployed since it folds straight down somewhat. I have tested my system on the water and it's unreal..... example... I made a waypoint 005 and wanted to return to it. I had broken two lines on crappie poles. So I told my ipilot remote to take me back to waypoint 005. The remote told me I was 465yards away. I jumped down off the seat and re-tie baits on those poles as it took me back to waypoint 005. I also have mine set up to go into spot lock once it arrives. So I was able to re-tie those two rods without having to steer myself.

Those that haven't used it don't know what they are missing! Now we need to figure out a 360 bow mount to go with the Terrova.

6. Member
    HELP!!! I just recently installed my Terrova I Pilot Link system on my boat to my Humminbird 898c unit and I'm unable to read my trolling motor from my Humminbird. I've triple checked all of the connections and they are all good. I've also watched various videos on how to's and things that could be causing this issue but I've been unable to find any reason. Please any help would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by UF34Phillips View Post
    HELP!!! I just recently installed my Terrova I Pilot Link system on my boat to my Humminbird 898c unit and I'm unable to read my trolling motor from my Humminbird. I've triple checked all of the connections and they are all good. I've also watched various videos on how to's and things that could be causing this issue but I've been unable to find any reason. Please any help would be great.
    What version of software is on your 898?

8. Member
    Has anyone had the cruise control issue where the TM stops turning if the wind happens to push you in the wrong direction and it pushes you at a speed that is faster then the set cruise control speed? It seems that "direction" is not a calculation in the cruise control setting. Even if you have AP on. This happens very predictably when you turn into a cross wind. I get that it won't "Catch up" when you head downwind, but I was hoping that direction played into the calculations of the cruise control speed. Anyone have any insight into this?

9. Member
    Update... Ipilot/Ilink purchased 4-17-14, HB 859ci hd di purchased 5-9-14. Hooked up and both working fine.. Until i updated the HB859 ci hd di to software 7.02, then the HB 859 would shut off as soon as the Ipilot connected. Was able to put the HB859 back to software 6.08 (orginal) and they both worked fine. I also was able to update Ipilot/Ilink to software 1.160. Now..... i thought maybe this shut down issue was caused because the Ipilot/Ilink needed to be updated to 1.160 prior to updating the HB 859 to 7.02. So..... On a follow up by Minn Kota I was asked to update the Ipilot/Ilink to 2.070 then update the HB 859 ci hd di to 7.020. So i did... BANG this time it works without any issues. Only problem is... Son and friends are using the boat this weekend so i can't check out all the features. But he told me spot lock works (only feature he knows how to use). So maybe next week i will be able to hit the water for all functions test.

10. Member
    Looks real cool, wonder if transducer cable will fit the shaft ???

Press Releases
    View All Press Releases
    Minn Kota’s New Ulterra Trolling Motor Simplifies Boat Control With Auto Stow and Deploy, and Power Trim
    July 2014
    Racine, WI–

Continuing its legacy of innovation, Minn Kota® announces Ulterra™, the next evolution of trolling motors.

The revolutionary Ulterra bow-mount trolling motor features fully automated stow and deploy. In addition, Ulterra includes power trim, which raises and lowers the depth of the motor with the push of a button. These innovative functions, controlled wirelessly with either the i-Pilot® or i-Pilot Link™ remote control or foot pedal, make boat control easier than ever.

All Ulterra motors come with either i-Pilot or i-Pilot Link, and a new multi-function, corded foot pedal with a dedicated Spot-Lock button.

WATCH ULTERRA IN ACTION

Click here to see Al Lindner and
    Lindner's Angling Edge staff
    talk new Ulterra

Click here to see
    Scott Glorvigen of
    Wired2Fish talk new Ulterra

“Ulterra was designed and engineered to enhance the angler’s time on the water,” Minn Kota Senior Product Manager Dave Maryanov said. “The new automated features set the standard for ease of use in a trolling motor. And by including i-Pilot technology, we not only have a motor that provides automatic boat control and automatic anchoring, but now, automated stow, deploy and power trim. The motor truly does all the work.”

Ulterra will be available Fall 2014 with manufacturer’s suggested retail pricing between $1,989.99 and $2,549.99, and will come in 80- and 112-pound thrust models with 45- and 60-inch shafts. Ulterra will also come standard with Universal Sonar 2.

For more information, visit minnkotamotors.com, contact Minn Kota, P.O. Box 8129, Mankato, MN 56002, or call 800-227-6433.

Johnson Outdoors Marine Electronics, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Johnson Outdoors and consists of the Minn Kota®, Cannon® and Humminbird® brands. Minn Kota® is the world’s leading manufacturer of electric trolling motors, as well as offers a complete line of shallow water anchors, battery chargers and marine accessories. Cannon® is the leader in controlled-depth fishing and includes a full line of downrigger products and accessories. Humminbird® is a leading global innovator and manufacturer of marine electronics products including fishfinders, multifunction displays, autopilots, ice flashers and premium cartography products.

Back
    Company
    Press Releases
    Minn Kota History
    Johnson Outdoors
    Copyright
    i-Pilot Link
    Control your boat by letting your Humminbird and Minn Kota talk to each other.
    Learn More
    Precision Chargers
    Get faster charging, longer run times and longer overall battery life.
    Learn More

Minn Kota Motors
    Boat: 2013 Nitro Z7
    Primary Propulsion: 150 L FourStroke
    Underwater Surveillance: HELIX 12 MEGA G2N & 1198 & 997
    Alternative Propulsion: Ultrex I-Pilot Link
    Shallow Water Anchor: ​ 12' Talon

Also check out more new announcements from MinnKota! Ulterra, Micro Remote, iPilot Link feature upgrades and NEW Camo Talon http://www.bbcboards.net/humminbird-...-products.html
    --

http://www.dougvahrenberg.com/

BASS Central Open- Competitive Bass Angler and Humminbird Guru
    Visit my website to learn about my sponsor's products, fishing tips and techniques.

Learn More About Humminbird Side Imaging Visit: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sideimaginggroup/

12. Member
    I have humminbird 858cx. I just bought 112lb thrust terrova with ipilot link. I can't follow an itrack. I can't go from one way point to another. I just updated the humminbird to most recent version. I followed videos on you tube and it appears I don't have some of the sub menues that others do. Any help would be appreciated!

Did you update the iPilot Software for the Controller and Remote too?
    --

Visit my website to learn about my sponsor's products, fishing tips and techniques.

Learn More About Humminbird Side Imaging Visit: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sideimaginggroup/

14. Member
    No; I wasn't aware that I needed to. I just purchased it and assumed it would be up to date. Where can I get the updates?

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Camanche98 View Post
    No; I wasn't aware that I needed to. I just purchased it and assumed it would be up to date. Where can I get the updates?
    Go to your MyHumminbird account and register the Ipilot. The updates will show up under the Ipilot just like they do for the 858.

There are now several different updates depending on the unit software you are running......

Congrats on the Ipilot Link. Take the time to learn all it's features and you will wonder how you did without it!

16. Member
    I did what you said. It works perfectly! Ipilot is amazing. Thank you very much for the help.

17. Member
    Just got an email.... New soft available for Ipilot Link.... anyone else get this news?

Ver remote: 2.040
    controller: 2.140

Allows the use of Micro Remote, Prop Auto on when you activate Go To function. High Speed Bypass Hit top speed at the push of a button

New Software Release for Core and ONIX/ION Products has been released with new features and enhancements. Make sure you follow instructions on Updating Unit Software and Controller per Humminbird Website

Core Series (800, 900 & 1100 Series Units)

i-Pilot Link Controller Update Version 2.140 - used with Humminbird Core products at software release 6.900 or higher. Additionally, the software on the Link remote must be at software release 2.040 or higher. (Version 2.140)
    Release Date: 11/17/2014

Description:

v2.140 - this release is required for use with Humminbird products at software release 6.900 or higher.

• This release supports the use of the Minn Kota Micro remote with i-Pilot Link systems
    • Enables Prop Auto On function from the i-Pilot Link remote
    • Enables High Speed Bypass
    • Contains general bug fixes
    • Enhances i-Pilot Link performance

i-Pilot Link Remote Update Version 2.040 - used with Humminbird Core products at software release 6.900 or higher. Additionally, the software on the Link Controller must be at software release 2.140 or higher. (Version 2.040)

Description:

v2.040 - this release is required for use with Humminbird products at software release 6.900 or higher.

• This release supports the use of the Minn Kota Micro remote with i-Pilot Link systems

----

ONIX/ION Products

i-Pilot Link Controller Update Version 2.140 - For use with ONIX or ION products only. Additionally, the software on the Link remote must be at software release 2.040 or higher. (Version 2.140)

Description:

v2.140

i-Pilot Link Remote Update Version 2.040 - for use with ONIX or ION only. Additionally, the software on the Link Controller must be at software release 2.140 or higher. (Version 2.040)
    Description:

v2.040 - this release is required for use with Humminbird ONIX or ION products only.

--

19. Banned
    So whats the best Depth finder gps to match up to my UlTerra......Hummingbird of course

Depends on the technology you want?
    --

Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast