Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Make sure you update all three, go to My Humminbird and download all three (locator, controller, remote). I once updated my locator not thinking about the rest, boat did nice circles when asked to following the contours. Also if you don't have a good GPS signal, it takes longer for the direction prompt to show up.
    2013 Lund 2010 Pro Guide, 150 Verado SN:2B024387
    2X Helix 12's Mega G2N's, Lvl. 2 Merc Monitor

Some questions: can the Link remote be recharged from a cell phone battery pack with USB connection while using the remote?

The mini remote works with Link or non Link but a non Link iPilot remote does not work with a Link motor?

Has anyone used Link in saltwater? My MK dealer is saying every saltwater person hates it and he has removed every Link he has sold. Are they just incapable of understanding it or does Link suck in saltwater?

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mbowers View Post
    Some questions: can the Link remote be recharged from a cell phone battery pack with USB connection while using the remote?

The mini remote works with Link or non Link but a non Link iPilot remote does not work with a Link motor?

Has anyone used Link in saltwater? My MK dealer is saying every saltwater person hates it and he has removed every Link he has sold. Are they just incapable of understanding it or does Link suck in saltwater?
    Don't know why you couldn't charge it that way.

The Ipilot remote does not work with the Link, you are correct.

I think the dealer is mistaken. I don't see a reason it wouldn't work in salt water.

4. Member
    as far salt water goes lakemaster does not do it very well.. Lakemaster does not have a lot bays contoured so follow the contour is pretty much useless in salt water. Although they have just come out with a shoreline offset that will allow you to follow a shoreline at a distance you set to follow. But working mid bay reefs or offshore contours is not there yet.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ntslam View Post
    as far salt water goes lakemaster does not do it very well.. Lakemaster does not have a lot bays contoured so follow the contour is pretty much useless in salt water. Although they have just come out with a shoreline offset that will allow you to follow a shoreline at a distance you set to follow. But working mid bay reefs or offshore contours is not there yet.
    I-track works great in those cases.

6. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fishfood View Post
    I-track works great in those cases.

Does too!
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

Thanks everyone for the feedback.

OK yes I understand that limitation. What about Autochart Live for self mapping? Has anyone tried that? That should work in saltwater although tide height changes might require mapping to all be done at a similar tide height.

I think most of concern is battery life in remote and also reliability of the Link head versus non Link. I've had standard iPilot for 4 years and it's been phenomenal but would love extra features.

8. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    I ran i-Pilot 1st gen for 5 years, got the Link almost 2 years ago - no regrets.....
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sfw1960 View Post

Does too!
    yes they do.... another work around would be, if you were fishing a mid bay reef or area away from shore, would be to mark a series of waypoints around the area(even if it's on a Navionics map) you want to fish. Set the waypoints no further than 1/4 mile apart. Set a series of them around a the area you want to fish and the ipilot link will go straight to each waypoint in the order you choose. I do this a good bit also when the contour lines don't line up the way I like or when the advanced autopilot is not an option either. If the spot is productive then you can save the route and delete the waypoints if you want to. The I pilot link is very versatile. As the zero line goes you can record up to 8 hours on the unit internally, not sure what zero line card would work but I would think so. I don't do much with the zero line mapping yet.
    Last edited by ntslam; 09-27-2016 at 10:41 PM.

10. Member
    For what it's worth I removed the iPilot Link from my boat. It was paired with an Onix 10 CXI SI and found it to be incredibly inaccurate on spot lock.

I fish offshore in depths of around 30-50 meters, in any sort of current the link would have me moving backwards, forwards and sideways up to 20 meters around the initial spot lock location. It would often have me side on to wind, current or wave chop rather than nose into it.

Last time I used it I was stationary, hit spot lock and the waypoint appeared 15 meters away on the Onix screen. Consequently the Minn Kota dragged me backwards and forwards between the mark on the screen and the actual location I spot locked at.

All software are was up to date. The boat is a 5.3 meter fibreglass mono hull center console, Minn Kota is an 80lb ST.

I replaced the Link with a standard iPilot head and remote and it now works flawlessly.

Cheers

11. Member
    Just got my Ultera I-pilot link with the bluetooth remote.
    My set up is as follows:
    1199 at bow current software is 7.460. The latest software available is 7.670
    1198 at console current software is 7.510. The latest software available is 7.510
    The I-pilot controller software is 1.180
    The I-pilot remote software is 1.070

Are these software vesions compatible? If not, what should they be and what order should they be updated in?

All units will be conected via a AS ETH 5PXG

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SMRanger619 View Post
    Just got my Ultera I-pilot link with the bluetooth remote.
    My set up is as follows:
    1199 at bow current software is 7.460. The latest software available is 7.670
    1198 at console current software is 7.510. The latest software available is 7.510
    The I-pilot controller software is 1.180
    The I-pilot remote software is 1.070

Are these software vesions compatible? If not, what should they be and what order should they be updated in?

All units will be conected via a AS ETH 5PXG
    SM

Personally I would hook it all up and try it. You are within the Ilink software on the units if I remember correctly. Updating core units gives me pause sometimes.

13. Member
    If read the updates correctly the latest software release a few weeks ago was for the new I pilot link. I believe for the 1199 to work with the new link system is has to be updated to 7.790

If read the updates correctly the latest software release a few weeks ago was for the new I pilot link. I believe for the 1199 to work with the new link system is has to be updated to 7.790
    Yep:

1199ci HD SI (Version 7.790)

Release Date: 12/20/2016

Description: New Features
    Added support for Minn Kota’s New Bluetooth i-Pilot Link motors.

General Fixes
    Fixed a bug where affected models would not detect the RX AIS.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

15. Member
    i have a 999 and 2 helix 10 on my boat they are all etherneted but only one has the lakemaster card , will i need anything else to make the ultrex ipilot link work, and does any one know if minn kota or humminbird is going to make a mount for my existing 360 to work on ultrex

16. Member
    that's all it takes. Run the I pilot link Ethernet cable to the 5 port switch and you are good to go on all 3 units but you will only be able to follow the contour with the unit with the lakemaster card

the 360 bracket well thast another issue a lot are waiting on as well

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BBW View Post
    i have a 999 and 2 helix 10 on my boat they are all etherneted but only one has the lakemaster card , will i need anything else to make the ultrex ipilot link work, and does any one know if minn kota or humminbird is going to make a mount for my existing 360 to work on ultrex
    There is also a phone app that has been released that I haven't tried yet on the water.
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

18. Member
    The phone app is available now. I just downloaded it - search for Minn Kota i-Pilot

19. Member
    I have a helix 9 and wanting to buy a minn Kota ulterra for spot lock how do they work together

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by toduckone View Post
    I have a helix 9 and wanting to buy a minn Kota ulterra for spot lock how do they work together
    If referring to the new Ulterra Ipilot/Link models, they would connect direct to the FF with an Ethernet cable provided with the TM and a Ethernet Adapter cable purchased separately. The TM can be operated from the FF, remote or phone app. If you have two FFs and get the Ipilot Link, then you would need the Ethernet Switch for networking.
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast