Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
  1. GROWING OLD WITH GRACE DA TOAD's Avatar
    Has this update been pulled off? If so, why?
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

"Let's raise up our glasses against evil forces......Whiskey for my men, beer for my horses" - Toby Keith

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DA TOAD View Post
    Has this update been pulled off? If so, why?
    Toad

Diel posted he had updated his Ipilot Link with the Onix version of the update and it "bricked" his Terrova. I just checked and it doesn't show on my support account. The core unit update is still there so apparently it only affected the Onix update.

The update is still there on my account for both ONIX and Core Products.

--

http://www.dougvahrenberg.com/

BASS Central Open- Competitive Bass Angler and Humminbird Guru
    Visit my website to learn about my sponsor's products, fishing tips and techniques.

Learn More About Humminbird Side Imaging Visit: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sideimaginggroup/

4. Banned
    Doug if you click on one of the Onix links it will show the old update. I am showing v2.020 ​which was the April update. The core unit is the new update still.

5. Banned
    ----------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Diel11 View Post
    Hey Doug that's not the one brother. You are showing 2.140 for the core units and 2.070 for the Onix. The 2.140 for the Onix/Ion was pulled.

I saw this question back a few pages and did not find an adequate answer.
    I have a 998 DI SI on my drivers consol with the transducer mounted on the back of my boat, the external GPS puck is mounted right above it to get the closest position as possible. Now if I waypoint a fish on my unit then ask my I pilot link to go to it, will the link system us the built in GPS antena to locate the waypoint or the stern mounted one.
    There is over 20 feet difference between the 2 gps antena's . I just want to be as accurate as possible.

I hope I did not confuse everyone.

The Ipilot uses its own internal GPS.

If you mark a waypoint with the console unit, you will mark the coordinates utilizing the transom mounted GPS, and those should be as accurate as possible because the GPS is mounted close to the transducer.
    When you ask the Ipilot to go there, you send the coordinates to the Ipilot and then it uses is own GPS to go there. You won't have any error due to GPS location.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob B View Post
    The Ipilot uses its own internal GPS.

If you mark a waypoint with the console unit, you will mark the coordinates utilizing the transom mounted GPS, and those should be as accurate as possible because the GPS is mounted close to the transducer.
    When you ask the Ipilot to go there, you send the coordinates to the Ipilot and then it uses is own GPS to go there. You won't have any error due to GPS location.
    Thanks for the quick response! That is ecactly what I was hopeing for!

9. GROWING OLD WITH GRACE DA TOAD's Avatar
    Got an e- mail from HB yesterday concerning updates to the i-Pilot. When I go to my HB page the software available is a follows:

Version 2.040 for the Remote
    Version 2.140 for the Controller
    Version 2.000 for the ONIX

There is nothing new here as these versions came out last fall and I loaded them up in November.

The e-mail shows that there is supposed to be Version 2.150 for the controller but it is not available on the HB site. Is the 5 a typo? If not then how can I get this latest controller version off the HB site?

Thanks.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

"Let's raise up our glasses against evil forces......Whiskey for my men, beer for my horses" - Toby Keith

10. Member
    Not a typo. It is the latest revision. HB site shows the changes. It includes a change that fix's a condition that prevents the remote from being updated. Bob

11. GROWING OLD WITH GRACE DA TOAD's Avatar
    I found it and downloaded 4.150...thanks.

12. Member
    Good! Looks like 2.150. Was 4.150 a typo?

13. GROWING OLD WITH GRACE DA TOAD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post
    Good! Looks like 2.150. Was 4.150 a typo?
    Ya..my typo...blame a few beers......

14. Member
    Just a few?

15. Member
    Never blame the beer its always gets blames for everything......LOL Al Bundy "Beautiful women make us buy beer, ugly women make us drink beer"

16. GROWING OLD WITH GRACE DA TOAD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TOE View Post
    Just a few?
    There goes the neighborhood. This was a great site till I saw this.

17. GROWING OLD WITH GRACE DA TOAD's Avatar
    OK...I finally managed to get the 2.150 software update loaded in for the i-Pilot controller. It didn't go real fast. I have to say once again that the instructions that Bird publishes for these updates are written by someone in another universe....follow their directions and you will never get anything updated....love my ONIX though!

18. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DA TOAD View Post
    OK...I finally managed to get the 2.150 software update loaded in for the i-Pilot controller. It didn't go real fast. I have to say once again that the instructions that Bird publishes for these updates are written by someone in another universe....follow their directions and you will never get anything updated....love my ONIX though!
    Crap Toad if I had seen this earlier I would have posted a link to my video!

The more I use the Onix and install others the more I see how far ahead they are. I kept touching the screen on a Touch Lowrance today and realized it wouldn't do what I wanted it to......lol

19. Member
    1 year of use update on Ipilot/Ilink Terrova trolling motor. This system is really great to have. I am a cripple vet with very limited use of my left leg. I decided to get this system since i can no longer use a cable steer system. I have used and learned every feature this unit has. Long line trolling for crappie... not a problem. Set the unit on a course. Set cruise speed and the system drives, maintains the speed you set. Find a brush pile, point you wish to fish.. no problem. set the unit to anchor mode. Now... I don't like the fact it will get a little far off the area you press anchor for. but the unit will take you back. Make waypoints and want to return. no problem. Select waypoint you want and the unit will return you to it. this feature gives you time to change lures, retie lines as it drives you back. Find a area you did great on and want to follow that same path. no problem. Record this path.. then select to either start at the End or Start and fish as this unit drives over the same path.

I am VERY pleased with the Terrova 80 Ipilot/ ILink system. It has allowed for me to fish without using my left leg. The only issues i have found are... It will drift to far from anchor point before returning you to anchor point. It will sometimes wrap the cables around the head to much. I honestly think if allowed it would pull them apart. I do monitor the cables... Other then those two very slight issues it's GREAT. I only wish they had the self deploy unit out when i purchased mine last April. It's Really hard for me to get on my knees to put in or pull out of the water.

But.... If your considering the unit.. Go for it... You will NOT be disappointed. Oh... I am running a battery that is 7 years old, one that is 4 years old. The system will not drain your batteries. We did a lot of long line trolling for crappie. The batteries were still 3/4 charged when we got done fishing for the day.

20. Member
    Bassman, Thanks for your report and your service. Bob

Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast