Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    The 1197 is ethernet compatible.

All other units ending with --7 (except for the 1157) are not.
    Last edited by Jason_Halfen_#511; 08-02-2012 at 09:15 AM.

2. Member
    Will the new 2013 model iPilot come with the Link pre-installed? Or can you buy a iPilot with pre-installed link?

3. Member
    i-Pilot Link will be offered as a pre-installed option on new Terrova and PD V2 trolling motors.

Alternatively, a user can purchase the i-Pilot Link system (control head + remote + a few other small parts) separately and install on a Terrova or PD V2 motor that they already own.

The previous, non-Link version of i-Pilot will continue to be available....as that is the only option that users of other brands of electronics (Lowrance, Garmin) will have for accessing i-Pilot technologies.

4. Member
    Jason,

Could you post the compatible unit sheet like you did on walleye cantral.. thanks..

It's in the First Post but here it is again

--

http://www.dougvahrenberg.com/

BASS Central Open- Competitive Bass Angler and Humminbird Guru
    Visit my website to learn about my sponsor's products, fishing tips and techniques.

Learn More About Humminbird Side Imaging Visit: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sideimaginggroup/

6. Member
    My question is about co-pilot compatibility. I see Copilot mentioned in the product description in the first post in this thread, so am hoping it works on this generation. I currently have a PD V2 with co-pilot. I have 10 remotes and have the remote holders on all of my rods. This works great so that I can always have 2 hands on my rod while controlling the TM. Having to fish with one hand as would be demanded most of the time with a huge, non-rod mounted remote just would not work for me.

So the question is, will I be able to use my co-pilot remotes with the i-Pilot system for basic TM control? And if so, would I need the copilot bolt on module for the side of the motor, or is integrated to the iPilot system?
    John

7. Member
    There is no cross-compatibility between any of the i-Pilot products (Gen 1, Gen 2, or i-Pilot Link) and the co-pilot product. i-Pilot link (and all i-Pilot products) includes all of the standard co-pilot functions (steering, prop speed, prop on/off, rabbit) but those are controlled by an i-Pilot remote/controller, not the co-pilot controller or remotes. Your co-pilot remotes will not be able to interact with an i-Pilot Link-controlled motor.

Can the I Link be purchased as an add on for the salt water models?
    Mike Pruett
    Carolina Skiff
    75 HP Optimax
    2007 Ford Expedition EL

iPilot Link will work with the Riptide ST and SP. Here is link to the Compatible Motors: Minn Kota Motors
    --

Visit my website to learn about my sponsor's products, fishing tips and techniques.

Learn More About Humminbird Side Imaging Visit: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sideimaginggroup/

Thanks, When is it going to be on the market?
    Mike Pruett
    Carolina Skiff
    75 HP Optimax
    2007 Ford Expedition EL

11. Member
    I believe that we'll start seeing availability over the winter.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason_Halfen_#511 View Post
    There is no cross-compatibility between any of the i-Pilot products (Gen 1, Gen 2, or i-Pilot Link) and the co-pilot product. i-Pilot link (and all i-Pilot products) includes all of the standard co-pilot functions (steering, prop speed, prop on/off, rabbit) but those are controlled by an i-Pilot remote/controller, not the co-pilot controller or remotes. Your co-pilot remotes will not be able to interact with an i-Pilot Link-controlled motor.
    I'd guess you're probably right. I know that was the case with the first release, but was hoping they'd changed that, given the language in the announcement. It should be easy for them to build the product to accept the signals from the co-pilot controls to operate the TM for basic functions. It's already accepting remote signals for that, so we're not talking brain surgery here. Frustrating. I'd love to spend some money with MK to get some of this new technology, but will not be able to if it means one handed fishing, or going back to a foot control. Some of the new functions would be handy SOME of the time. But the vast majority of the time would still be spent running the motor with the remote, of course.
    John

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jejb View Post
    But the vast majority of the time would still be spent running the motor with the remote, of course.
    Actually, that's not the case. You can control many of the i-Pilot link functions from your Humminbird fish finder. You'll see some video examples of this shortly...

14. Member
    I'll look forward to seeing the videos. But it's hard to picture it doing me much good. If I tell it to follow the 15' line on my mapping software and there are trees sticking up that need to be navigated around, it's not going to do me any good. Let alone the fact that lake maps are not deadly accurate, often off grossly on some of our lakes here in the Ozarks.

Not sure if you're the one making the vids, Jason, but if you are, please make some of them on windy days. I've heard a fair amount of complaints about the current I-Pilot models in the wind, so it would be interesting to see how well they anchor lock and follow a track in the wind. I hear they are very jerky in those conditions as they try to keep you on course.
    John

15. Member
    I have a Spot Lock video (for Gen 2 i-Pilots) active on this page. This particular video was shot in wind and current, and will give you a good idea about i-Pilot's Spot Lock performance.

http://www.jasonhalfenoutdoors.com/Spotlockspecks.html

One of the enhancements for Spot Lock in i-Pilot Link is a display, on the remote, of the distance and bearing between the i-Pilot control head and the GPS Spot Lock position. You'll be able to see that in one of the videos that I'll be releasing soon.

16. Member
    Thanks. Looks great in that vid. But I was thinking the kind of wind you see on big open lakes, like Table Rock or maybe Wissota near you. Maybe it'd work fine, but I'd sure like to see a vid of it on those white cap or just below type days.
    John

17. Member
    I will definitely put that on my to-do list, as Spot Lock is definitely one of the most popular functions in i-Pilot.

While I don't have a video yet, I do have an older article with photographs and GPS screen captures that demonstrates i-Pilot's Spot Lock performance in 20-25 mph winds with gusts over 30 in open water:

Introduction to MinnKota's i-Pilot

If you are on Facebook Jason has set up a Facebook Page "i-Pilot Link" be sure to like the page and he is adding new content. Going to be a tremendous resource and Jason is one of the best if not the best with Electric Steer Motors, iPilot, Humminbird and LakeMaster...he's knows this stuff inside and out. Great to have him here and the Facebook Content. Already enjoying his content he has added!
    --

19. Member
    Doug, you're making me blush!

For those on Facebook, here is the link to the i-Pilot Link page. We'll be posting lots of photos, screen captures, videos, tips and tricks there:

i-Pilot Link | Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Jason_Halfen_#511 View Post
    Doug, you're making me blush!
    Nothing but the truth! Glad your here to help too! You are an incredible resource for all! You have already chalked up your first i-Pilot Link Convert...yep me!
    --

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast